Windows 10: Win10 Home Activation Error 0xC004F211 after Motherboard Change

Discus and support Win10 Home Activation Error 0xC004F211 after Motherboard Change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Replacing my old Intel motherboard with new MSI and AMD CPU. On this old system I confirmed that have a Digital Licence before starting motherboard/CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RayBright49, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Win10 Home Activation Error 0xC004F211 after Motherboard Change

Replacing my old Intel motherboard with new MSI and AMD CPU. On this old system I confirmed that have a Digital Licence before starting motherboard/CPU replacement.

Activation Troubleshooting Prompt from MS does not solve issue.

The history of my licence is that it was a free upgrade from previous Win10 etc right back to original Windows 7 for which I have a Product Key and original DVD.

When I plug my Hard Drive back into the old motherboard/CPU on the bench it confirms that the Digital Licence is valid BUT not accepted on new board.

Tried MS tollfree number but they have not called back.

Regards all

:)

RayBright49, Nov 15, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error: 0xC004F211 while activating Windows after changing Motherboard and CPU

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the efforts you have taken in trying to resolve this issue. We understand that after changing the Motherboard and CPU, you are unable to activate Windows.

We would like to inform that whenever a major hardware change is made, which in your case are Motherboard and CPU, Windows won’t be able to find a matching license the next time you start your device.

As you have upgraded the computer from Windows 8 to Windows 10, the license is a Digital License and is directly linked with your Microsoft account. You may want to check the article on

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if that helps.

You can also refer the section 0xC004F211 from the article

Get help with Windows activation errors

If you still face issues, do not worry, you can get in touch with our Activation team and they will help you with the issue. Please refer the article
    Global Customer Service phone numbers to get the Customer
    support number as per your country.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Error: 0xC004F211 while activating Windows after changing Motherboard and CPU

Yesterday I switched from Intel to AMD. Since then I have been trying to get Windows to activate on the new platform but without success. I read all the links and suggestions people had, but nothing helped. The error code I was
    getting was 0xC004F211. I unregistered the key from the SSD in hope getting it to activate that way.

After going through the Troubleshooter, selecting "I changed hardware on this device recently" and selecting the current PC I get the following message
    "Unable to activate Windows We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later."

I reinstalled the whole system.

Once before I changed my PC completely and reactivated the licence without any problems using my
    Hotmail account. What can I do now? The key I am trying to use was for Windows 8 (since I upgraded to 10).

One thing I noted is that when I try to enter my key, the message below states that the last product key I entered can't be used for this Windows copy. The ID that is inside the brackets doesn't match the one I had before.

Any help is appreciated!

***Modified title from: Failed Reactivation after switching Motherboard and CPU ***

MilanTodorovic, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Win10 Home Activation Error 0xC004F211 after Motherboard Change

Windows 10 activation Error 0XC004f211

Please help I am tearing my hair out.

After replacing my motherboard, I just put the same hard drive in as it was the same type and brand of motherboard. the PC booted up OK after I changed some settings on the bios.

My copy of windows 10 1903 was activated digitally and registered on my Microsoft account a long time ago. So I never expected to face so many problems reactivating it again.

Following the online agent I got nowhere I have booked several calls with Microsoft in the last 2 days and so far no one called back.

This is the error 0XC004f211 that appears when I tried to activate it.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

pedrobethencourt, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Win10 Home Activation Error 0xC004F211 after Motherboard Change

1. Win10 Home Activation Error 0xC004F211 after Motherboard Change - Similar Threads - Win10 Home Activation

2. Windows Won't Activate After Motherboard Change - Error Code 0xC004F211 - Troubleshoot not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Won't Activate After Motherboard Change - Error Code 0xC004F211 - Troubleshoot not...: Hi so I had to change motherboards on my PC and now my windows won't activate. I didn't have the product key so pulled it from the registry however this also doesn't work. I requested a callback 2 days ago and still nothing. I use this PC for work and it's critical that I can...
  3. Windows Won't Activate After Motherboard Change - Error Code 0xC004F211 - Troubleshoot not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Won't Activate After Motherboard Change - Error Code 0xC004F211 - Troubleshoot not...: Hi so I had to change motherboards on my PC and now my windows won't activate. I didn't have the product key so pulled it from the registry however this also doesn't work. I requested a callback 2 days ago and still nothing. I use this PC for work and it's critical that I can...
  4. Windows Won't Activate After Motherboard Change - Error Code 0xC004F211 - Troubleshoot not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. After upgrading motherboard cannot activate, error code 0xC004F211

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After upgrading motherboard cannot activate, error code 0xC004F211: I have upgraded my mobo to the new AM5 platform. This also means new processor and memory. After this my windows 11 pro license did not want to activate with error code 0xC004F211. The troubleshooter did not yield a result and told me to get in touch with microsoft for...
  6. After upgrading motherboard cannot activate, error code 0xC004F211

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After upgrading motherboard cannot activate, error code 0xC004F211: I have upgraded my mobo to the new AM5 platform. This also means new processor and memory. After this my windows 11 pro license did not want to activate with error code 0xC004F211. The troubleshooter did not yield a result and told me to get in touch with microsoft for...
  7. Windows 11 Home activation error 0xc004f211

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home activation error 0xc004f211: Just built a new PC and purchased a license from the Windows Store and activated it last night.This morning the PC now says it detected a hardware change and that Windows is not activated.I have not changed any hardware since last night. The only minor thing I did was change...
  8. Cannot activate Windows 10 Professional 0xC004F211 after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate Windows 10 Professional 0xC004F211 after motherboard change: Hello,I changed my motherboard in my PC last night, all other pieces of hardware remain the same, and am now getting the above error code in Windows Activation. I bought my license from the Microsoft Store, IE Digital license which is retail?, I do not have a license key I...
  9. Error: 0xC004F211 while activating Windows after changing Motherboard and CPU

Error: 0xC004F211 while activating Windows after changing Motherboard and CPU: Yesterday I switched from Intel to AMD. Since then I have been trying to get Windows to activate on the new platform but without success. I read all the links and suggestions people had, but nothing helped. The error code I was getting was 0xC004F211. I unregistered the key...
  10. Motherboard Change - Win10 Activation

Motherboard Change - Win10 Activation: Hello! I have a small issue with activating Windows 10 Home Edition. I had an ASUS prebuild desktop (M32BF) that I fried the motherboard of (long story) so I had to replace it. The GPU, CPU, SSD, RAM (+1 new one), HDD are all the same. I tried the troubleshooter, selected...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xC004F211 windows 10 activate

2. 0xc004f211

3. 0xc004f211 windows 10