Windows 10: Win10 Home Computer - Task Scheduler "the remote computer was not found" when opening

Discus and support Win10 Home Computer - Task Scheduler "the remote computer was not found" when opening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Hoping someone can help me fix this issue. On My Win10 Home Edition, (A computer that I use at home that is not networked with other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bennybb, May 4, 2019.

1. bennybb Win User

Win10 Home Computer - Task Scheduler "the remote computer was not found" when opening

Hello

Hoping someone can help me fix this issue.

On My Win10 Home Edition, (A computer that I use at home that is not networked with other computers), I use the task scheduler to automate some task.

I was going to adjust a task and recently when I opened the "task scheduler" to do so, I get a popup "the remote computer was not found". When I click "OK" the prompt closes and everything is grayed out and I can not create any new task. Also the past task I created are no longer listed.

I ran a DISM & SFC and no issues found.

I also did an internet search for similar issues and found the following article:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-remote-computer-was-not-found-error.2392618/

But following the article to a tee..... I could not resolve the issue.

Any idea how I can fix this issue?

:)

bennybb, May 4, 2019

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

The Steps which resolve this problem on my computer :

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Open Task Scheduler
    • Navigate in the Task Scheduler Library (Nothing else !!!)
    And the message deseapear and I can create a task !!!

PhilippeCORMIER, May 4, 2019
  3. Task Scheduler - Remote Computer Not Found

Task Scheduler - Remote Computer Not Found. I have got this error a few days ago and thought nothing of it. But it is not troubling me because I can't update my drivers with GeForce Experience. This is bugging me because my games are starting to lag. I
    have tried a handful of things and can't find anything. Thanks ahead of time for your help!

CalebWagner, May 4, 2019
  4. Win10 Home Computer - Task Scheduler "the remote computer was not found" when opening

Unable to run Task Scheduler

Hello Varun,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to this?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Can you also please confirm the current build of your Windows 10?

(Type winver into the Cortana search box, then hit
      Enter
      .)

Meanwhile, I suggest that you try starting the Task Scheduler through command line. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net start task scheduler and hit Enter.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Win10 Home Computer - Task Scheduler "the remote computer was not found" when opening

1. Win10 Home Computer - Task Scheduler "the remote computer was not found" when opening - Similar Threads - Win10 Home Computer

2. Win10 Task scheduler $%#*&#$%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Task scheduler $%#*&#$%: After setting up my new computer I tried to get ^*&%#% Win10 to run Chess Titans from Win7 by using the Compatibility Wizard, when that didn't work, I tried compatibility with WinVista... that didn't work. After posting a question here I gave up.Still in the process of...
  3. Task Scheduler not working Remote not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler not working Remote not found: What does that mean? And what can I do to solve this problem? Please Help me to solve my issue.I'll be thankful.* Some info's: Windows10 Pro x64bit maybe this help! This is the error or problem message...
  4. Task scheduler will not run -remote computer not found-

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task scheduler will not run -remote computer not found-: I cannot get task scheduler to run, I receive the message -remote computer not found- when I run the APP or from admin tools or try to start from services. I have done the clean boot thing, the dsim restore health and the sfc /scannow. It will not run on boot or manually. It...
  5. Task Scheduler: Remote Computer Not Found AGAIN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler: Remote Computer Not Found AGAIN: Updating to 2004 left me with broken task scheduler. I was able somehow to get it back by updating to 20H2 and running the last after dozen of times before updating sfc /scannow by miracle. I had no idea what fixed it but hey it was working so ok. NOW all of a sudden task...
  6. Task Scheduler "The remote computer was not found"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Scheduler "The remote computer was not found": Please oh god help me. submitted by /u/DatHappyToast [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4d3um/task_scheduler_the_remote_computer_was_not_found/
  7. task scheduler the remote computer was not found

task scheduler the remote computer was not found: task scheduler the remote computer was not found plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-the-remote-computer-was-not-found/a9c254c4-f1ef-4ac6-817f-65cdb8fcc6f4
  8. task scheduler remote computer was not found

task scheduler remote computer was not found: Every time I try starting task scheduler an error pops up saying remote computer was not found Afer that task scheduler pops up and I cant use it to schedule tasks etc... Before you say the method of enabling it via services in task manager i tried to do that and also...
  9. task scheduler/remote computer

task scheduler/remote computer: Hi im trying to solve this issue to be able to do optimization for my Laptop nothing from the FAQ has resolved this issue can I ask Microsoft for support?...
  10. Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely: Hey everyone I tried using this guide (How To Easily Send Emails From The Windows Task Scheduler) to create a task that will send me an email whenever someone connects with RDP.The task works and sends the email if i run it, but i am unsure how to set it so that it activates...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task scheduler the remote computer was not found