Windows 10: WIN10 HOME - EDGE not allowing Google as preffered search provider

Discus and support WIN10 HOME - EDGE not allowing Google as preffered search provider in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, new guy here. I just purchased (April 2019) a new PC running WIN10 Home - Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763. As with most it came with Bing as the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by crossbow, Apr 26, 2019.

1. crossbow Win User

WIN10 HOME - EDGE not allowing Google as preffered search provider

Hello, new guy here.
    I just purchased (April 2019) a new PC running WIN10 Home - Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763. As with most it came with Bing as the default search engine and my preference is Google. I went through the process of making Google my preferred and it is not accepting the change. I read a post saying that the latest version (April 2019) of WIN10 is actually blocking the use of Google and pushing hard for Bing. FYI, my last PC which died from "operating system not recognized" was running WIN10 Pro and I used Google all the time with no issues. Is anyone able to confirm this issue, do I need to upgrade to 10 Pro? Thanks

:)

crossbow, Apr 26, 2019
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 26, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

RE : IE11, Google search provider

No, you do NOT have to enter google.com.

There are TWO steps to configure IE. Not just setting the home page to blank.

1. Set home page to blank
    2. Configure the address bar to search using google.

Thus all you then do is type your search string in the address bar and you search using Google.

I hope that's clearer. Here it is:
    1. Launch IE (blank)

WIN10 HOME - EDGE not allowing Google as preffered search provider [​IMG]

2. Type your search string:

3. Result

dalchina, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

1. WIN10 HOME - EDGE not allowing Google as preffered search provider - Similar Threads - WIN10 HOME EDGE

2. Search Provider

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Provider: How do I prevent Bing opening when I do a Win 10 search from the taskbar. I have been into Edge settings - advanced - address bar - change search engine But it does not allow Bing to be replaced with Chrome. Chrome is the default browser in Win 10 settings. Win 10 ver 1909...
  3. What's Wrong With Win10 When It Will Not Allow Google Earth To Install?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What's Wrong With Win10 When It Will Not Allow Google Earth To Install?: I cannot install google earth pro - not from the web nor from the desktop installer. I get a 'code 2' error message. I've also had another message, a hex number and something about 'failed to cache' Wherever I go I fail to find an answer for this. Google Earth...
  4. search provider

in Windows 10 Customization
    search provider: who allows Microsoft to Change my search Provider from google to bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-provider/80f30383-757b-4275-8198-6c8af052238e
  5. WIN10 HOME - EDGE not allowing Google as preffered search provider

in Windows 10 Support
    WIN10 HOME - EDGE not allowing Google as preffered search provider: Hello, new guy here. I just purchased (April 2019) a new PC running WIN10 Home - Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763. As with most it came with Bing as the default search engine and my preference is Google. I went through the process of making Google my preferred and it is not...
  6. RE : IE11, Google search provider

in Browsers and Email
    RE : IE11, Google search provider: Just installed Win 10 1809 build 17763.348 2 new rows appear in my default IE11 with Google Search as my default provider ……….. [img] Although it is no big deal, I would like to get rid of them. P.S. I do not have another browser installed, just IE11, nor do I have...
  7. Edge search Change from Bing to Google

in Browsers and Email
    Edge search Change from Bing to Google: Changing search in settings ADVANCED when you click on the add new all lines are greyed out .What to do ,or what causes that?I DO Not like Bing 18806
  8. Google Search not working in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Google Search not working in Edge: I have google.com.au set as home page as I mainly start browsing with a search. I first started to have problems last night when opening a new TAB for a new search and selecting Home page rather than using the Bing search on the new TAB. As soon as I start typing the search...
  9. Google search for Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Google search for Edge: I have set Google as my search engine for Edge but when I launch Edge I get msn.com with the Bing. I have followed the tutorial and its not working. In settings under "search in the address bar with" it shows Google. Is it that you just use the address bar and it...
  10. Edge Problems--Home Page and Search

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Problems--Home Page and Search: I continue to have two perplexing problems with Edge that started with 10158 and continue in 10159. 1. Starting with 10158, MS finally gave us an Edge Setting to allow use of a Search engine other than Bing as default. Unfortunately, I've been unable to make the setting...