Windows 10: Win10 Home free re-activation

Discus and support Win10 Home free re-activation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HP 2107c Win7 upgraded to Win 10 Home, months later now i replaced MB, now Win10 not activated, i found 25 digit serial number for Win10 Home, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by larryhuittlenova, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Win10 Home free re-activation

HP 2107c Win7 upgraded to Win 10 Home, months later now i replaced MB, now Win10 not activated, i found 25 digit serial number for Win10 Home, in Speccy,used it in System Update change product key, but got message of invalid key. How do i get it activated?

:)

larryhuittlenova, Jan 4, 2020
  2. wishihad Win User

Activation options for Win10 with instant clones

We have a secure (no internet access) lab environment setup to test and validate a VMWare VDI deployment of Win10 clients.

Our issue is activation of the Win10 clients as they require re-activation every time we logoff and back on because we are using instant clones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Here are the options we are considering and issues as we understand them:

• Setup a KMS server
      • Requires a Volume license, which is doable
      • Documentation says we must have a minimum of 25 hosts, we don' have that in our lab
    • Use our MSDN account
      • No support for Win10 KMS license
      • No support for MKS activation
    • Manually activate each time
      • Gonna spend a lot of time on the phone Win10 Home free re-activation :(
      • Win10 has no grace period so machines are crippled w/o activation
    Anyone have a thought or suggestions? I'm hoping I missed something.

Thanks

wishihad, Jan 4, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Hodakiin Win User

Win10 Home free re-activation

Win10 won't activate after RAM change

Hey! I replaced my old RAM cards with two new ones, and now I'm stuck with a "activate windows" prompt in the bottom right corner of my screen. The troubleshooter does not seem to do anything (tried checking the changed hardware option + chose my device
    in the list of devices + it said win10 was now activated.... but the prompt won't leave.)

I got win10 during the free upgrade period, and thus I don't have a product key... Any suggestions?

Hodakiin, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Home free re-activation

1. Win10 Home free re-activation - Similar Threads - Win10 Home free

2. Can't re-activate win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't re-activate win10: I re-installed win 10 on a new hardware after my old one died. I choosed to re-install win10 and erase all data. When I came to activate win10, It told me It was activated already, so I deleted the old comptuter from the profil. I still can't activate win10 because it keeps...
  3. Can't re-activate win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't re-activate win10: I re-installed win 10 on a new hardware after my old one died. I choosed to re-install win10 and erase all data. When I came to activate win10, It told me It was activated already, so I deleted the old comptuter from the profil. I still can't activate win10 because it keeps...
  4. Can't re-activate win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Re-activating a Win10 digital entitlement license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-activating a Win10 digital entitlement license: Hi,I have a Win10 system with is licensed with a digital entitlement license which I need to re-install Windows 10 on exactly the same system - I'm not trying to transfer to a new machineAccording to this article If you have a digital license for your device, you can...
  6. Re-activating a Win10 digital entitlement license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-activating a Win10 digital entitlement license: Hi,I have a Win10 system with is licensed with a digital entitlement license which I need to re-install Windows 10 on exactly the same system - I'm not trying to transfer to a new machineAccording to this article If you have a digital license for your device, you can...
  7. Re-activating a Win10 digital entitlement license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Clean re-install of Win10 question re activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean re-install of Win10 question re activation: I'm upgrading a friend's laptops (yes a Celeron!!! & a 2nd Gen i5, lucky me) from HDD to SSD, increasing memory and reinstalling Win10 using a W10 USB drive that I'd done a year ago using MS MCT. So my first question is During the installation process I presume I skip the...
  9. Upgrading Win10 Home (activated) to Pro (not activated)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading Win10 Home (activated) to Pro (not activated): Hi! I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home activated with a digital license connected to my Microsoft account. I’d like to upgrade to Pro but as I don’t have the money for a new product key I’d like to keep it non-activated. I don’t mind sacrificing personalization...
  10. Win10 Home Activation delayed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Home Activation delayed: Moin moin Guys and Hello Just happened to run into thisIssue, so wanted to let you know Win10 Home, new Installation(clean System, newly setup), keeps claiming - no Activation possible - for all Saturday Turned into activated at Sunday So Patience will be needed...