Windows 10: [WIN10 Home] GPResult with invalid parameter H for Group Policy Report

Discus and support [WIN10 Home] GPResult with invalid parameter H for Group Policy Report in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello together, I'm trying to run a report on Group Policy Objects with Windows 10 Home Version 1909 Systembuild 18363.418. If I type gpresult /H... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by allesgeheim, Oct 15, 2019.

1. [WIN10 Home] GPResult with invalid parameter H for Group Policy Report

Hello together,

I'm trying to run a report on Group Policy Objects with Windows 10 Home Version 1909 Systembuild 18363.418. If I type gpresult /H GPReport.html in the CMD as Administrator, the message is: ERROR: Invalid argument/option - '/H'.

When I type gpresult /? for usage, it doesn't show the /H parameter in the list. I get only the parameters S, U, P, Scope, User, R, V and Z.

See screenshot!

If I check other comments in the WWW, I only found some suspicions, that it may something to do with Windows 10 Home. But I am not confident with this, because otherwise there should be more information.

Yesterday I additionally installed the GPO with the "Administrative Templates" version 3.0. But there was no change!
    I executed also the System File Checker with the order sfc /scannow, but without new results. The gpresult.exe is not damaged, because it is all the same when I replaced it with an elder file version 10.0.15063.0 (WinBuild.160101.0800) from the internet.

Has anyone an idea for the reason of the error message? Is it associated with Windows 10 Home?

Best regards,

:)

allesgeheim, Oct 15, 2019

2. GPResult errors in the CMD line

Hi,

I'm trying to run a report on Group Policy Objects for my home computer, with Windows 10.

I have entered the cmd as an administrator, and typed: gpresult /h gpreport.html

The result was an error message:

ERROR: Invalid argument/option - '/h'.

When I type gpresult /? for usage, it does not show the /h option in the list.

Has this option been changed or taken away? How can I get an html report for gpresults?

Thanks

ChrisMuster, Oct 15, 2019
  3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Oct 15, 2019
  4. [WIN10 Home] GPResult with invalid parameter H for Group Policy Report

GPResult in Windows 10

Not sure if this is the right subforum, I guess it could also go in networking, but anyway...

I'm trying to test my company's Group Policy Objects. I'm used to using the command "gpresult /h gpo.html" but what I've noticed is that in Windows 10, that only shows the "user" scope, not "computer"

If I have a GPO that only has computer-level settings, it doesn't show up in that report at all - it's as if it doesn't exist!

I tried "gpresult /scope computer /h gpo.html" and got "Access denied". I'm in the Administrators group and UAC prompts are turned off, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Am I missing something here?

drfsupercenter, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

[WIN10 Home] GPResult with invalid parameter H for Group Policy Report

1. [WIN10 Home] GPResult with invalid parameter H for Group Policy Report - Similar Threads - WIN10 Home GPResult

2. How to change group policy in HOME edition?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change group policy in HOME edition?: I would like to remove the yellow highlighted restitutions.* REALLY, I need to press another menu for spell check? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-group-policy-in-home-edition/bbebd84e-5d7e-4d57-b54e-7594e433a584
  3. How to change group policy in HOME edition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change group policy in HOME edition?: I would like to remove the yellow highlighted restitutions.* REALLY, I need to press another menu for spell check? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-group-policy-in-home-edition/bbebd84e-5d7e-4d57-b54e-7594e433a584
  4. How to change group policy in HOME edition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. invalid api parameters captcha

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    invalid api parameters captcha: I undated windows and the before working captcha now doesn't work. Doesn't matter if I reinstall chrome, java, follow the guide which resets the ip, install the ie tab! I run cccleaner, malwarebytes as instructed..., know where is by heart...
  6. gpresult

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    gpresult: hello i see these 2 exclamations in the gpresult... it this the reason why there r users logon on the domain they get temp profile? show all Summaryhide During last computer policy refresh on 20/11/2020 7:44:13 No Errors Detected A slow link was detected More...
  7. Parameter is invalid

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Parameter is invalid: Ok since every discussion on this has been closed or locked guess I have to start a new one. This started 3 days ago and it started with the calculator app I'm guessing because I noticed it there first. But now every app including micro store and others now come up with...
  8. Group Policy Editor on Windows 10 Home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Group Policy Editor on Windows 10 Home: hi, I am trying to set up my home computer with different profiles so that my kids can't access the same part of the computer as me. I am therefore trying to do this by setting up different profiles and using Group Policy Editor. However I am using Windows 10 Home edition...
  9. [Windows 10 Home] GPResult with invalid parameter H for Group Policy Report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [Windows 10 Home] GPResult with invalid parameter H for Group Policy Report: Hello together, I'm trying to run a report on Group Policy Objects with Windows 10 Home Version 1909 Systembuild 18363.418. If I type gpresult /H GPReport.html in the CMD as Administrator, the message is: ERROR: Invalid argument/option - '/H'. When I type gpresult /? for...
  10. Group Policy on home machine?!?!?!?!?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy on home machine?!?!?!?!?: Ok, I have a gaming machine at home that was running W7. I upgraded to W10. It went from W7 Ultimate to W10 Pro, which is fine. Not long after that, I ran into some issues that I was unable to correct, sfc /scannow was failing, and I couldn't get DISM to read the source...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to run gpresult on domain controller invalid parameter