Windows 10: Win10 home installed on VmWare and Bootcamp

Discus and support Win10 home installed on VmWare and Bootcamp in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have windows 10 home installed and working on VmWare and macOS Catalina. Using the same license can I install win10 in bootcamp. Same machine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by barryrgo, Nov 7, 2019.

1. barryrgo Win User

Win10 home installed on VmWare and Bootcamp

I have windows 10 home installed and working on VmWare and macOS Catalina.

Using the same license can I install win10 in bootcamp.

Same machine, same hw, same everything. I could then dual boot, into bootcamp and run win10 or into macOS and run vmWare and launch win10.

Can I install the same copy?

barryrgo

:)

barryrgo, Nov 7, 2019
  2. RadeRad Win User

Observations: Win10 and Apple Bootcamp

Hello!

Let me prefix my journey by stating that I really like the small and powerful form factor
    of the Mac MINI. It's an i7 processor that just FLIES, in a footprint no bigger than my desk phone. OS-X, however, leaves a ton to be desired, which is why I like my Windows operating system.

WIN 10

I have given up on hoping to get Win10 to function on my Mac MINI Bootcamp partition.
    Win10 is incompatible with the original Bootcamp support drivers,
    which is why you will slowly lose things like sound, Wi-Fi and USB devices which worked perfectly prior to the Win10 upgrade. Sure, these basic system components might work fine for a couple of months following the Win8.1 to Win10 upgrade, but as Win10 updates
    get pushed, you will gradually lose them, and there is no way to get them back. Bootcamp with a WIn10 ISO does not work; I know, I tried.

SOLUTION

Apple folk -- Stay on Windows 8.1 until Apple updates Bootcamp support to accommodate Win10. Apple Bootcamp drivers DO support Win 8.1, and Win 8.1 takes up a lot less Bootcamp disk space than Win10! If your Windows 10 build has you in
    a rage (like mine did), before you delete your partition, get your Win8.1 ISO build (see steps).

STEPS TO INSTALL Win8.1 on Apple Mac Mini Bootcamp

• Make sure you have your Win8.1 product key and a large USB flash drive
    • On any PC that has a working Windows partition and network access, download the Windows 8.1 64bit ISO image. This site has the link to the executable: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media
    • Install the image to the USB flash drive (DOES NOT WORK TO USB Hard Drive)
    • On the Apple bootcamp, select the options to download the Bootcamp drivers and to install "Windows 7 or newer" from the menu. The Win7 link does not work (discontinued).
    • Bootcamp download will take a while (10-30 minutes depending on your network)
    • Adjust your Windows partition when the window pops up
    • Select the Bootcamp partition and select the FORMAT icon (this will reformat that space for the Win8.1 OS).
    • Sit back and let it fly.
    • After the install and you are at your Windows desktop screen, go into the USB Flash Drive folder called "Bootcamp" and run the SETUP.EXE file. This will install the Bootcamp switch and all the underlying Apple drivers onto your PC.
    • 140+ Win8.1 updates later...

I am HAPPILY up and running; WIndows 8.1 on my Mac Mini. Sound, network, USB drives, plus Office 2013 connected to my Outlook.com account. Oh, and note: Once I authenticated my Outlook.com account, all my contacts, mail and calendar got synced with Win8.1!

BTW: The OUTLOOK.COM PASSWORD to sync with Outlook 2013 can be found HERE: Sign in to your Microsoft account <--BOOK MARK THIS SITE!!! You will need if for anything that syncs to Outlook.com!

Good luck!

Rade

RadeRad, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Marcus Win User
    Issue installing BootCamp drivers for Windows 10

I found the fix to this problem. I installed Win10 on my 15inch Macbook pro with bootcamp. I tried several times and bootcamp on windows hung up on Realtek installation each time. Follow these steps to fix:

1. Go to Bootcamp folder, find Realtek, and install manually (double click Realtek setup.
    2. Go to Task Manager - Click details - find the Realtek task - end task (DO NOT END THE ENTIRE BOOTCAMP TASK)
    3. Installation will continue
    4. All is right in the world.

Marcus, Nov 7, 2019
  4. PKMishra Win User

Vmware workstation 7 stoped working after upgrade from Win7SP1 to Win10

Upgrade was perfect for all applications. But VMware workstation 7.1.6 went through the upgrade process but the VMs on the machine did not restart giving memory error. Reinstalled the software, VMs still do not start saying the "Authorization Service not
    started. Tried to install latest VMware Player 12, (VMware claims it runs on Win10), even that did not start. Both VMware 7.1.6 and VMware player 12 during installation gave an apparently non-fatal error message pertaining to "IRQL_NOT_LESS_NOT_EQUAL". Running
    Win10 Pro 64-bit with latest updates. Any suggestion to make VMware 7.1.6 work is welcome - PKM

PKMishra, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 home installed on VmWare and Bootcamp - Similar Threads - Win10 home installed

2. BootCamp can't Connect to Home WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BootCamp can't Connect to Home WiFi: I installed Windows 10 on my Mac via bootcamp about 3 days ago and I was trying to use WIndows on my Mac, but when I tried to connect to the internet, the message, 'Error can't connect to internet'. I tried connecting my device into my Hotspot and it worked. I have tried...
  3. BootCamp can't Connect to Home WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BootCamp can't Connect to Home WiFi: I installed Windows 10 on my Mac via bootcamp about 3 days ago and I was trying to use WIndows on my Mac, but when I tried to connect to the internet, the message, 'Error can't connect to internet'. I tried connecting my device into my Hotspot and it worked. I have tried...
  4. BootCamp can't Connect to Home WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows server 2016 or 2012 in VMware installed in Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows server 2016 or 2012 in VMware installed in Windows 10 home: Dears,My local machine have an windows 10 home OS installed . I am trying to install a windows server 2016 or 2012 within a VMware pro 15 , when begin installing , my local host machine will give a blue screen error and the whole machine is restarted , there is error code...
  6. Windows server 2016 or 2012 in VMware installed in Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows server 2016 or 2012 in VMware installed in Windows 10 home: Dears,My local machine have an windows 10 home OS installed . I am trying to install a windows server 2016 or 2012 within a VMware pro 15 , when begin installing , my local host machine will give a blue screen error and the whole machine is restarted , there is error code...
  7. Windows server 2016 or 2012 in VMware installed in Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Win 10 home installation with bootcamp

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 home installation with bootcamp: I bought windows 10 home online recently at Microsoft official website to be installed in a MacBook Pro with bootcamp. After getting the Windows installed and product key typed in got an error message saying that was not possible to validate the product key. Requiring to...
  9. can i install Win10 Pro on Win10 Home PC, by using same Win10 Home Key

can i install Win10 Pro on Win10 Home PC, by using same Win10 Home Key: hi guys I need your help, I have win10 home on my pc, but I want to install win10 pro on my pc by using same win10 home key for Activation win10 pro. Is that same key can I use for Win10 Pro Activation, which I have for win10 Home, please let me know. The reason of make...
  10. Win10 Pro oem, installed as Win10 HOME

Win10 Pro oem, installed as Win10 HOME: I have an original CD with 64 bits Win 10 Pro for OEM, with a sticker with key. I did a clean installation deleted the partitions in C: I installed and see that it is the Win 10 OEM Home 1709 After instalation there were the automatic Windows updates from Microsoft....