Windows 10: Win10 Home Premium 1909 audio doesn't allow mute to switch to headphone output

Discus and support Win10 Home Premium 1909 audio doesn't allow mute to switch to headphone output in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It has worked on Win7 and on later upgrade to 1903, but now the VIA drivers and app has been dropped altogether. Is a fix in the works? Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jurassical, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Win10 Home Premium 1909 audio doesn't allow mute to switch to headphone output

It has worked on Win7 and on later upgrade to 1903, but now the VIA drivers and app has been dropped altogether.

Is a fix in the works?

Thanks!

:)

jurassical, Jan 14, 2020

2. Audio doesn´t work aftter connecting headphones

Original Title: No audio

Sometimes when i want to use the headphones, i connect them to my computer and then the audio doesn´t work, so i need to restart my computer and the audio returns, so my question is, why this happen? i don´t want to restart my pc everytime that i need the
    headphones.

I hope that someone can answer me Win10 Home Premium 1909 audio doesn't allow mute to switch to headphone output :)

GiancarlosGarza, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Timobkg Win User
    Realtek HD Audio not switching to Headphone settings

My case, Antec P280, has an HD Audio front panel, and the motherboard is configured for HD Audio.

It still detects when I plug headphones in, and I get the Realtek popup asking me to confirm that I plugged headphones in and whether to use the Auto, IEM, or Full Size headphone setting. But then it stays on 5.1 Speakers in the Realtek HD Audio Manager, and in the Windows device settings.

If I plug headphones in via the front, the Realtek Audio Manager detects the headphones and mutes the rear jacks, but stays on 5.1 Speaker setting. Clicking on the pictures of the 5.1 speakers causes every speaker except the sub to play via the headphones.

If I plug the headphones in the back, in place of my front speakers, and click on the output jack to switch it to Headphones within the Realtek Audio Manager, it still stays on 5.1 Speaker setting and only the front speakers play via headphones.

It used to work fine, and I haven't made any hardware changes in the last few weeks.

Could it be that the recent drivers have disabled the separate Headphone setting entirely, and it's now always whatever Speaker setting you specify?

Timobkg, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Win10 Home Premium 1909 audio doesn't allow mute to switch to headphone output

Audio jack doesn`t work

Today when i plugged out headphones, it doesn`t display that you`ve unplugged headphones, seems goes something wrong. Now i can hear sonud only from plugged headphones. How to repair this problem?

clayer---01, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Home Premium 1909 audio doesn't allow mute to switch to headphone output

1. Win10 Home Premium 1909 audio doesn't allow mute to switch to headphone output - Similar Threads - Win10 Home Premium

2. Headphones not showing in output audio devices on laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones not showing in output audio devices on laptop: [ATTACH] I installed Dolby Access and I have to choose my headphones from audio devices list but they are not there. If I choose default speakers it says they're not compatible....
  3. audio output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio output: audio output dropped off after w10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output/9fed22c2-572d-493d-a9e5-5bc7dd888803
  4. Headphones only outputting audio in mono

Headphones only outputting audio in mono: Hello, I'd like to play Stereo audio when my headphones are plugged in to my 3.5mm audio port, but they are only outputting in Mono. Stereo works when using them through Bluetooth, but I often use them wired and would like them to play Stereo properly that way as well....
  5. Can't mute Headphones!

Can't mute Headphones!: I am able to set my Windows volume to 0%, but if I want to use the windows mute shortcut or a mute shortcut on my mouse or keyboard it doesn't work at all. This only happens with my "Sony wh 900n" Bluetooth headphones, other audio devices don't show the same effect. So my...
  6. Headphone Audio Auto Muted When Not In Use

Headphone Audio Auto Muted When Not In Use: This only happens with headphones plugged in whenever I pause a video after a minute there will be a pop sound in the left ear; when I hit play the pop sound happens again and there's no sound for 2-3 seconds and then it comes in. I changed the driver from realtek to the...
  7. Win10 Home Premium Desktop Black Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Home Premium Desktop Black Screen: Okay, I'm at a total loss here. I have looked everywhere, Google, this forum, everywhere, and I cannot fin the answer. I've tried RegEdit, EoA, Personalization, Iris control panel, and NVIDIA control panel. The entire 9 yards, and probably 9 more. MY DESKTOP WILL NOT...
  8. VIA HD Audio doesn't switch between speakers/headphones

VIA HD Audio doesn't switch between speakers/headphones: This is just a small problem, but pretty annoying one. I recently updated to Win 10, and the first thing I noticed was that the sound settings were weird. Both speakers and headphone sounds work perfectly fine, but they don't automatically switch when I plug/unplug the...
  9. Realtek HD Audio not switching to Headphone settings

Realtek HD Audio not switching to Headphone settings: I'm running Windows 10 Pro v.1607 build 14393.447 on an Asus Z170-A motherboard with Realtek HD Audio ALC892. I have speakers connected to the rear of the motherboard, and headphones via the front panel port. A few weeks ago, the Realtek HD Audio Manager started behaving...
  10. Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones

Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones: well i had this problem fixed but for some reason it's back and it won't go away no matter what i do i can't figure out how to fix it I can hear my microphone through my headphones and speakers i have listen to device unchecked but the weird part is when i try to record my...