Windows 10: Win10 Home Premium 1909 audio doesn't allow mute to switch to headphone output

Discus and support Win10 Home Premium 1909 audio doesn't allow mute to switch to headphone output in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It has worked on Win7 and on later upgrade to 1903, but now the VIA drivers and app has been dropped altogether. Is a fix in the works? Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jurassical, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Win10 Home Premium 1909 audio doesn't allow mute to switch to headphone output

It has worked on Win7 and on later upgrade to 1903, but now the VIA drivers and app has been dropped altogether.

Is a fix in the works?

Thanks!

:)

jurassical, Jan 14, 2020

2. Audio doesn´t work aftter connecting headphones

Original Title: No audio

Sometimes when i want to use the headphones, i connect them to my computer and then the audio doesn´t work, so i need to restart my computer and the audio returns, so my question is, why this happen? i don´t want to restart my pc everytime that i need the
    headphones.

I hope that someone can answer me Win10 Home Premium 1909 audio doesn't allow mute to switch to headphone output :)

GiancarlosGarza, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Timobkg Win User
    Realtek HD Audio not switching to Headphone settings

My case, Antec P280, has an HD Audio front panel, and the motherboard is configured for HD Audio.

It still detects when I plug headphones in, and I get the Realtek popup asking me to confirm that I plugged headphones in and whether to use the Auto, IEM, or Full Size headphone setting. But then it stays on 5.1 Speakers in the Realtek HD Audio Manager, and in the Windows device settings.

If I plug headphones in via the front, the Realtek Audio Manager detects the headphones and mutes the rear jacks, but stays on 5.1 Speaker setting. Clicking on the pictures of the 5.1 speakers causes every speaker except the sub to play via the headphones.

If I plug the headphones in the back, in place of my front speakers, and click on the output jack to switch it to Headphones within the Realtek Audio Manager, it still stays on 5.1 Speaker setting and only the front speakers play via headphones.

It used to work fine, and I haven't made any hardware changes in the last few weeks.

Could it be that the recent drivers have disabled the separate Headphone setting entirely, and it's now always whatever Speaker setting you specify?

Timobkg, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Win10 Home Premium 1909 audio doesn't allow mute to switch to headphone output

Audio jack doesn`t work

Today when i plugged out headphones, it doesn`t display that you`ve unplugged headphones, seems goes something wrong. Now i can hear sonud only from plugged headphones. How to repair this problem?

clayer---01, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Home Premium 1909 audio doesn't allow mute to switch to headphone output

1. Win10 Home Premium 1909 audio doesn't allow mute to switch to headphone output - Similar Threads - Win10 Home Premium

2. PC audio doesn't mute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC audio doesn't mute: Device: Microsoft Laptop StudioWindows 11All updates installedAll audio drivers and devices uninstalled and then installedLaptop rebooted couple of timesTried troubleshoot sound devices too vie windows and surface standard appsProblem:Can't mute device:F2 button change the...
  3. PC audio doesn't mute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC audio doesn't mute: Device: Microsoft Laptop StudioWindows 11All updates installedAll audio drivers and devices uninstalled and then installedLaptop rebooted couple of timesTried troubleshoot sound devices too vie windows and surface standard appsProblem:Can't mute device:F2 button change the...
  4. Audio outputs/playback not switching from headphones to speakers and vice versa.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio outputs/playback not switching from headphones to speakers and vice versa.: I have been having a problem with the audio not switching whenever I plug my headphones in or take them out. It used to work before where I plugged my headphones in and the audio from the speakers would automatically switch but now, I have no clue what caused this issue. Now...
  5. Audio outputs/playback not switching from headphones to speakers and vice versa.

Audio outputs/playback not switching from headphones to speakers and vice versa.: I have been having a problem with the audio not switching whenever I plug my headphones in or take them out. It used to work before where I plugged my headphones in and the audio from the speakers would automatically switch but now, I have no clue what caused this issue. Now...
  6. Audio outputs/playback not switching from headphones to speakers and vice versa.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Output audio device keeps getting "muted"

Output audio device keeps getting "muted": Issue: Whenever I plug in my earphones, my laptop does not immediately recognize it and instead continues playing audio through its built-in speakers.My workaround so far has been to run the troubleshooter and it'll work after it "unmutes" the device. I don't quite understand...
  8. PC audio doesn't mute

PC audio doesn't mute: My PC's audio will not mute. Volume is controllable in the task bar, and will go up and down, but even if I click the toggle mute button, I still get audio at the same level. I checked all drivers for updates, and re-configured Realtek settings. Audio also does not mute if...
  9. Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output

Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output: Not sure when or why this happened, but my Surface Laptop running Windows 10 no longer automatically switches between audio output sources headphones and built-in Surface Laptop speakers. If I have sound playing and no headphones plugged in, the sound will continue to play...
  10. Switching between audio outputs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching between audio outputs: Hello, I have a bluetooth wireless headset that I use for making phone calls via RingCentral. I also have a pair of desktop speakers that I use for general audio. Is there a way to easily toggle back and forth between these two devices without having to disconnect the...