Windows 10: Win10 Home settings driving me crazy (permission problems)

Discus and support Win10 Home settings driving me crazy (permission problems) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, after assembling a complete new pc by myself for the last day (and downloading win10 iso twice because it "was damaged" the first time, waiting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LaNoir_aka_Blacky, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Win10 Home settings driving me crazy (permission problems)

So, after assembling a complete new pc by myself for the last day (and downloading win10 iso twice because it "was damaged" the first time, waiting time hooray), I now run a pc with win10 for the first time in my life - and I am close to a meltdown rn.

At first, you get asked to create a user account - no problem. Then I tried to download my old programs on (CWin10 Home settings driving me crazy (permission problems) :): "you don't have the permission to download in this path, please ask your administrator."
    No problem. Gave myself administrative rights under account settings: "you don't have the permission to download in this path, please ask your administrator."
    Annoying. Used cmd with net user Administrator /active:yes : "you don't have the permission to download in this path, please ask your administrator." -_-"
    Used cmd with rightclicking it and running it as admin, then entering net user Administrator /active:yes : "you don't have the permission to download in this path, please ask your administrator."
    Activated hidden administrator account (now I have 2 accs and I only wanted 1), logged in, revoked and gave back admin rights to my 1st account with that one: "you don't have the permission to download in this path, please ask your administrator." (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Also checked the properties of (CWin10 Home settings driving me crazy (permission problems) :) - I got full access (not)
    (And yes, my profile tells me my acc has, indeed, admin rights https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/627976789062582292/719048973335396403/unknown.png )

Any ideas on what else I can do to b e a b l e t o u s e m y c o m p u t e r ?

Haven't tried to download with my hidden admin account yet, but even if that works, it won't solve the issue on the account I actually want to use. Should I delete my first main account and just use the admin account as main account on my pc instead (but the 1st one is connected with ms so idk if that would be a good idea to try)

thanks a lot for help on that issue, after hours of searching and not finding anything else I figured it'd be the best to just ask here, there are probably more people that have problems like that and will be happy to find a solution here

submitted by /u/LaNoir_aka_Blacky
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LaNoir_aka_Blacky, Jun 7, 2020

2. Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can understand your concern. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the exact error message?
    2. Have you shared all hard drives or any particular folder within the particular hard drive?

Since you have mentioned that you are getting error related to permission issue, please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by “Azee N” dated June 2nd 2010 on
    Providing permission to drive and try
    providing permission to the drive.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to re-map the drive.

1. Disconnect the drive by right click on the drive and select disconnect (if the drive is mapped).
    2. Then re-map the drive by referring to Map a network drive
      and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Jun 7, 2020
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Win10 Home settings driving me crazy (permission problems)

Disk allocation and Drive permissions

Why do I get this error message and how can I resolve it?

Error message reads: Unable to create record files for one or more tracks. Check your disk allocation and drive permissions."
    I have just purchased a Focusrite interface, downloaded the relevant software, but every time I try to record, I get the above error message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and the same problem occurs when I try to record. I have reinstalled the audio drivers on the laptop, which made no difference, and I am the administrator, so have correct permissions.

Any suggestions, as it is driving me crazy! Please respond in simple English, as I am not techie. An idiots guide would be perfect.
    Thanks for any help
    DZ

dizzylizzy, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Home settings driving me crazy (permission problems)

1. Win10 Home settings driving me crazy (permission problems) - Similar Threads - Win10 Home settings

2. User permission setting problem on Win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User permission setting problem on Win10: Hi! I need some help about set permission rules for a user account on win10 in my network. Here are my questions: Is there any possibility to read out, or to show , export for later import any user credentials or access in win10? Our windows are deployed with MS AutoPilot...
  3. BSOD driving me crazy!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD driving me crazy!: Hi all, I keep getting random BSOD with - KMODE_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDLED which is super vague. This is on a fresh install of windows, both hard drives wiped, and only installing on a Sandisk SSD with Windows 10. It is an older computer that used to run windows 7, but the...
  4. Cortana Drives Me Crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Drives Me Crazy: Hi, few days ago I decided to create a reminder in "Microsoft To Do" app, that will remind me about something everyday, both on phone and in Windows (I have this app in my phone too). However, due to some reason (I don't remember well) I wasn't satisfied with it and decided...
  5. Cortana Drives Me Crazy

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Drives Me Crazy: Hi, few days ago I decided to create a reminder in "Microsoft To Do" app, that will remind me about something everyday, both on phone and in Windows (I have this app in my phone too). However, due to some reason (I don't remember well) I wasn't satisfied with it and decided...
  6. Bsod driving me crazy !!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod driving me crazy !!!: DESKTOP-UUDJIR1-(2020-09-28_20-21-00).zip - Google Drive Win Ver. 2004( OS Build 19041.508) Any help will be trully appreciated !!! Ty. 165400
  7. FTP is driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FTP is driving me crazy: I'm facing a strange situation concerning FTP. The server accepts passive connections on port 21 and a username and password are required. 1. I can access the server using the FTP feature of Directory Opus with no apparent limitations. 2. I can connect to the server, but I...
  8. Headphones driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones driving me crazy: Hey, Just after I upgraded to Windows 10, I noticed my headphones were making a weird noise whenever sound was playing, and then the sound sticking around for about five seconds when the sound stopped playing. Here's a sample: Headphone Beep This was quieter and more...
  9. Driving me crazy!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Driving me crazy!!: May some one please help me, it's been quite a few years so bare with me. I have just bought a dell xps13 and I have a problem with my start menu, much user name and pic appear on the left side but in the middle. How can I move my name and pic to the top of the start menu??...
  10. Not Sandboxed driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Support
    Not Sandboxed driving me crazy: I installed AOL Gold and it seemed like it was gone. Now now only is it on AOL. but chrome, Facebook, etc. It is flashing more now than ever. If it is not sandboxed can I get it sandboxed? Can it be turned on or off? [img] 108883