Windows 10: Win10 Home Start Menu tiles settings reset with every restart

Discus and support Win10 Home Start Menu tiles settings reset with every restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Since the latest update last week, I just cannot customize my Start Menu. I did pin some apps to my Start Menu and I did update settings to show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZoltanNagy2, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Win10 Home Start Menu tiles settings reset with every restart

Hi,

Since the latest update last week, I just cannot customize my Start Menu. I did pin some apps to my Start Menu and I did update settings to show Documents, Music, Downloads and Pictures on the left-hand side of my Start Menu (Personalization > Start > Choose which folders appear on Start), but after a reboot, everything is lost and my Start Menu is back to original system default that shows the most useless Apps that I can possibly think of, considering my preferences (Paint 3D, Groove Music, etc.).

Am I the only one to have this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Z

:)

ZoltanNagy2, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

How to reset the tile layout in the start menu

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern with resetting the tile layout in the Start menu. Kindly answer the following:

• Is your computer connected in a domain?
    • Which build of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Have you tried the steps given by DaveM121 on a different user profile?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Win10 Home Start Menu tiles settings reset with every restart

Phone tile is missing from the Start Menu.

Original Title: Microsoft Lumina 640 start tile

Last Friday 10th June my Lumina 640 phone updated to the latest Windows 10.

When it restarted the phone tile had disappeared from the start menu.

When I tried to re-pin to start from the list of apps by holding down the app the "Pin to Start" function was grey suggesting that the app was already pinned.

I have unpinned all the start tiles in an effort to find the phone tile but to no avail

Please advise how I can restore the missing phone tile

StephenShacklady, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Home Start Menu tiles settings reset with every restart

1. Win10 Home Start Menu tiles settings reset with every restart - Similar Threads - Win10 Home Start

2. Start menu / Settings tile selection bouncing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu / Settings tile selection bouncing: https://youtu.be/bVrhRzH1k7w So recently after a fresh install of Windows 10 I've ran into a very annoying issue where the tile selection in the start menu and settings etc. bounces around like crazy so bad so I can't even click on a tile to open it any thoughts on what...
  3. start menu tiles win10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu tiles win10 version 2004: I am a long time reader of this forum. Never posted but find it very informative. It this time I am looking for a little help with a problem I created. I have been using a little program called "Pin It" by a Sergi But... Absolutely love it, but I accidentally deleted it the...
  4. Win10 Start Menu Tile Title Wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Start Menu Tile Title Wrong: Has anyone reported the misspelled title in the Start Menu's Tile section; Web Browers? If not, thought you should know. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-start-menu-tile-title-wrong/6f630f1c-e5e2-4988-bc24-b1942ae933a3
  5. Start Menu resetting to default after every restart.

Start Menu resetting to default after every restart.: Hi, I've reset my PC recently, and since then, my Start Menu keeps resetting to its default after restarting my PC. Also, when I try to pin any apps to the Start Menu, they don't physically appear in the menu. But when I right click the app again, the option "unpin from...
  6. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  7. Start Menu resets itself every restart

Start Menu resets itself every restart: I recently updated to the newest version of Windows (Build 1809) and ever since the update my Start Menu keeps resetting itself. EVERY piece of software listed shows New underneath it, even though none of my software is actually new. I have also (twice now) personalized my...
  8. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  9. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start tiles reset

2. unpinned tiles return after reboot

3. start tiles reset when windows explorer restarts

4. windows start titles resett to default every restart