Windows 10: Win10 Home to W10 Pro Upgrade Error using Product Key

Discus and support Win10 Home to W10 Pro Upgrade Error using Product Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all - I'm attempting to upgrade a Dell W10 Home, x64 Laptop to W10 Pro, x64. Using a couple of what I was told were legit keys, I receive this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Compumind, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Compumind Win User

Win10 Home to W10 Pro Upgrade Error using Product Key

Hi all -

I'm attempting to upgrade a Dell W10 Home, x64 Laptop to W10 Pro, x64.
    Using a couple of what I was told were legit keys, I receive this error after W10 accepts the key...

Win10 Home to W10 Pro Upgrade Error using Product Key [​IMG]

Activation software problem?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

EN *Think

:)

Compumind, Sep 30, 2018
  2. kjl1956 Win User

upgrade from win10 home to pro using a win8 product key

Is this possible ?

Win7 home on an OEM pc.

I have a win 8 pro ( not 8.1 upgrade retail product key.

If I upgrade win7 hp to win10 home,

can I use the win8 pro retail key to upgrade win10 to pro

edition ?

kjl1956, Sep 30, 2018
  3. EliSherer Win User
    Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 - Unique Product Key situation

No... let me try again.

• Old computer is running Win7 Pro (SP1) with a Product key I have from a few years ago. The Product is activated already, but I do NOT use this computer at this point, so I didn't worry about using the Product key when moving to the new computer (see below).
    • New computer is running Win10 Pro, with data and OS migrated from the Old computer, (same Product key as above), then Upgraded to Win10 (without getting a new Product Key).
    What I am trying to do now...

• I want to upgrade the OLD computer (Win7 Pro) to Windows 10... using a new Product Key I just purchased.
    • I have tried to do this internally, and also using the ISO burned to a thumb drive. But it does not want to work.
    • Steps:
      • Start from USB drive.
      • Enter New Product Key (or click "I don't have one").
      • Install initiates and then tells me to restart from Windows and then open the installer again to continue.
        • At this point, I actually need to Quit the installation to restart the machine.
      • When restarted, I go to the USB drive and restart/resume the installation process.
      • I have tried to download and not to download updates, but when the installation fails, I see the message, "Something happened" and "Setup has failed to validate the product key".
      • NOTE This happens if I enter the NEW Windows 10 Product Key, or if I skip that step (which I assume means that it will use the old Windows 7 Key for the upgrade).

EliSherer, Sep 30, 2018
  4. kjl1956 Win User

upgrade from win10 home to pro using a win8 product key

I understand the upgrade path from retail or OEM .

What I want to do is use the free upgrade from win7 home

OEM licenses to windows 10 home licenses first.

Then upgrade the windows 10 home OEM version to windows 10

pro version; with the last step to win8.0 pro retail key

On the last step above, will the licenses stay on a OEM licenses or change to retail key ????

or is this not even achievable unless I do the install buy media, usb or dvd.

If that is the case than doing the same method from win7 to win8.0 pro would be a more direct route; but the issue is still if I can upgrade win 7 home OEM to win 8.0 pro with a retail

key??????

If that is the case neither route will get the end results win7 home to win 10 pro; unless at one time I do the upgrade with media, usb or dvd, wiping what ever previous operating system was installed before that one.

Win7 home to win10 home or win8.0 pro; then upgrade to win10 pro with a mix of OEM and retail keys.

Thanks

kjl1956, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 Home to W10 Pro Upgrade Error using Product Key - Similar Threads - Win10 Home W10

2. Product key for win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key for win10 Pro: How can I get a product key for Win 10 Pro? I upgraded from Home edition online at Start menu and paid the $99 fee.At first I got an error code 0x80070005. I rebooted and according to "System/About" I have Win 10 Enterprise but I can't activate without either a product key or...
  3. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro: I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade...
  4. Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro

Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro: I'm trying to upgrade my win10 home to pro but I'm stuck. The steps taken are below: 1. I disconnected my internet-connection. 2. I went to systems->"Update&Security" -> Activation -> "Change Product Key" 3. I entered the generic key "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" and the...
  5. Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?

Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?: I'm needing a workable procdure for this upgrade. Since its been a long time since I purchased a NEW manufactured system (usually build all my own desktops), I know little in what form the machine will be in at power up. Some history first: I have just purchased a Lenovo...
  6. Windows 10 Home upgrade to W10 Pro with a product key fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to W10 Pro with a product key fails: Hello Community. I have a new Dell XPS15 64bit with W10 Home. My old laptop has a goosed display and I have located from its hard drive the Key from my W10 Pro. But when I try to upgrade my Dell XPS15 using the Product key from my old laptop W10 Pro the process fails to...
  7. Win10 Pro Product Key

Win10 Pro Product Key: I upgraded from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro a few years ago. I am now receiving a message in Settings saying that my product key is for Win 10 Home. This is not correct. It is, and always had been, a valid and activated installation of Win10 Pro. Why is this happening?...
  8. Reusing W10 Home product key after upgrading to W10 Pro

Reusing W10 Home product key after upgrading to W10 Pro: A long time ago I upgraded a computer from W10 Home to W10 Pro. This was a custom build and both the original W10 Home activation and the new W10 Pro activation were done via product keys ordered from Amazon. No Microsoft account has ever been involved with either key. Back...
  9. Upgrading Home install to Pro with generic product key

Upgrading Home install to Pro with generic product key: I'm curious, I might have to try this on an extra partition... My computer is fully activated on Pro version. I've also done a clean install after the upgrade and activated immediately just fine. So, let's say I bungled and clean installed Windows 10 Home by mistake. Of...
  10. Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: Recently I have replaced my Win 8.1 Home edition with a Win 10 Home edition. (64-bit) Now I would like to upgrade Win10 Home to a Win10 Pro Edition. How do I do that and what will it cost me? 31154

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 home to w10 pro produktkey