Windows 10: Win10 Hotspot

Discus and support Win10 Hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My hotspot has been working great, right out of the box. But, I have 2 questions: 1) I have to manually enable the hotspot every time I reboot. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevinBagby, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Win10 Hotspot

My hotspot has been working great, right out of the box.

But, I have 2 questions:

1) I have to manually enable the hotspot every time I reboot. Is there a way to make it start by itself, every time?

2) The hotspot is only running in the 5GHz band. I need to also run in the 2.4 GHz band. Running just the 2.4 GHz band

would be fine; I have TVs and Alexa and cameras and hubs that work only on 2.4...

:)

KevinBagby, Apr 9, 2019

2. Mobile Hotspot

We appreciate that you have tried the suggested steps above. Have you tried to connect other devices to the mobile hotspot on your PC?

Since the issue is still the same, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check if this will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.

We can also update the network adapter driver. Skip step 3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 9, 2019
  4. [mjc] Win User

Win10 Hotspot

Windows 10, Mcafee Firewall, Ethernet Broadband, Dell XPS User trying to use Win10 Hotspot for Ipad and Iphone

Questions from Nathanial with my responses underlined:

We would like to ask some questions to know the best possible resolution.

• Have you tried changing the password of the Wifi hotspot and update the password on your phone?
      Per your question, I just completed this: Edited my wifi hotspot password to a different one, "forgot" that wifi hotspot on my iPhone, selected it again and used new password, the iPhone was given a secure connection
      (indicated by the locked lock icon) but again in red reads "No Internet Connection." Clicking IPhone info, the suggestion was to reboot my modem, which I did and then reboot my pc (because doing that 3 times fast in the 90s worked magic) but to no avail.

• Have you tried connecting different device on your Wifi hotspot and check if the issue persists?
      I have tried all the same steps mentioned above with my ipad as well...both, however, have the same ios. The ipad pro did not work either and had same result.

• Have you tried to connect your phone to different Wifi hotspot and check if the issue persists?
      Both ipad and iPhone have used wifi hotspots seamlessly around the world several times with no issues. I run my iPhone hotspot and my ipad pro connects to it as does dell/win10.

I am guessing here, but i think the closest i have come to a resolution was to tinker with my mcafee firewall to try and "allow" my iPhone ipaddress through but I followed steps and it did not work. Plus, that just
    sounds to superuserish to me. However, my windows defender firewall is off and mcafee firewall is on...to complete the scenario.

This is a fairly default setup I have along with thousands of other dell pc's sold with win 10 and mcafee. I am shocked how elusive this setup is.

michael

[mjc], Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Win10 Hotspot

1. Win10 Hotspot - Similar Threads - Win10 Hotspot

2. Can't set win10 hotspot with 5GHz band

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't set win10 hotspot with 5GHz band: I know there are many question related to this, but I have serched a lot in all topics in Microsoft comunity or in reddit posts there were any working solutions or problem as mine some people had hardware incompatibility, not my case, etc. Proof: I have bougth this pc in...
  3. Intermittent kernel_security_check_failure when using Win10 WiFi hotspot

Intermittent kernel_security_check_failure when using Win10 WiFi hotspot: What it says in the Subject line. I get a BSOD every so often using my Samsung Galaxy S8 phone to connect to my Win10 desktop's WiFi hotspot. I've tried Win10's Memory Diagnostic, CHKDSK, and updating all relevant drivers. FWIW, this is a new desktop PC I put together last...
  4. Using Win10 as Mobile Hotspot

Using Win10 as Mobile Hotspot: I'm working towards using my mobile phone for my home internet instead of DSL. But since I have limited data, I think my best option is to connect my phone to my 2-in-1 tablet as a mobile hotspot, then connect all of my other devices to my tablet as a second hotspot....
  5. Win10 computer & Hotspot on Android phone - Security Key rejected

Win10 computer & Hotspot on Android phone - Security Key rejected: Windows 10 Home 64 bit Ver 1809 Greetings, Please forgive the brief description in my title but there was extremely limited room permitted. However that is basically the issue. I have a Win 10 Lenovo s145 computer and trying to use the mobile hotspot in my LG K30 Android...
  6. Win10 computer & Hotspot on Android phone - Security Key rejected

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 computer & Hotspot on Android phone - Security Key rejected: Windows 10 Home 64 bit Ver 1809 Greetings, Please forgive the brief description in my title but there was extremely limited room permitted. However that is basically the issue. I have a Win 10 Lenovo s145 computer and trying to use the mobile hotspot in my LG K30 Android...
  7. Miracast while using the Win10 hotspot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Miracast while using the Win10 hotspot: I was trying to use Miracast (the Windows "connect" feature) on my laptop to connect to my desktop pc at home. It's working if I connect both PCs to my WiFi, however the WiFi quality in this room is not great. Since my desktop pc has an Intel AC9560 wireless adapter and a...
  8. win10 WiFi hotspot

win10 WiFi hotspot: IPV4 No network access rights https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-wifi-hotspot/589083b3-4577-4c84-be86-28c8cd52029b
  9. Use WIN10 PC as a hotspot (ethernet)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use WIN10 PC as a hotspot (ethernet): Wasn't entirely certain how to phrase the title, but my problem basically is: My xbox 360 doesnt have a wifi-adapter and I would like to connect it to the internet, but my router is downstairs and I don't really have the option of moving it. My windows 10 Home (ver.) PC is...
  10. Can't get "Win10 mobile hotspot" to work. Need advice.

Can't get "Win10 mobile hotspot" to work. Need advice.: I'm sure I had this working before sometime in the past, but now that I'm running 1909 and actually wanting to use the facility, naturally it no longer works. I've done lots of searching, and have found many "solutions" from assorted sources. But no matter what I try I still...