Windows 10: Win10: How to disconnect a bluetooth device without unpairing

Discus and support Win10: How to disconnect a bluetooth device without unpairing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Thank you Tom, #copied Hello, I found this tip on another forum, and it might be the easiest: - in Windows 10 open the action centre - click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mrSupes3, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Win10: How to disconnect a bluetooth device without unpairing

Thank you Tom, #copied

Hello,

I found this tip on another forum, and it might be the easiest:

- in Windows 10 open the action centre

- click on 'connect'

here you can manage your paired devices:

- click on the BT device then 'disconnect' to disconnect

- if disconnected (but still paired), click on the BT device to (re-)connect

The option we've been searching!

It's very stupid the 'Bluetooth manager' under Control Panel doesn't provide this simple option to disconnect and connect, but offers you only to 'remove device' which means unpairing... For dummy Win 10 users it seems like using audio cables is the fastest option!

Greetings from Belgium

Source : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t/99a66cc9-c715-4e8b-8410-aa6426a98e35?page=2

submitted by /u/mrSupes3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mrSupes3, Jan 19, 2021
  2. Mike 1430 Win User

Win10: How to disconnect a bluetooth device without unpairing

Thank you.

Answered: WIndows 10 Disconnect Bluetooth Device without Unpairing

Answered: WIndows 10 Disable Bluetooth Device without Unpairing

Answer: Sound/Playback/unDesiredDevice/Properties/Device Usage/Disable

It is absolutely absurd that the average Windows user can't easily share an earphone, or Bluetooth speaker between with their smart phone and their computer.

Why wouldn't Microsoft Corp merely add Enable/Disable to the Manage Bluetooth Devices?

Please, where do I post suggestions for Windows 10?

Remedying this seems like 10 minutes of programming and an hour or two of testing?

Makes you wonder if Windows Development Personnel even use Windows at home, lol!

Or do they ever even GO home?

Mike 1430, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Win10: How to disconnect a bluetooth device without unpairing

When I turn on my bluetooth audio receiver, my Win10 desktop connects automatically. Really nice when it's what I want.

But sometimes I want to connect my phone to the receiver instead. How do I get Win10 to disconnect from the receiver
    without unpairing it?

(Disconnect was possible and easy in Win8.1 and in Win7 if I recall correctly.)

Many thanks!

..Bill..

Bill_Lee_42, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Win10: How to disconnect a bluetooth device without unpairing

Hello,

I found this tip on another forum, and it might be the easiest:

- in Windows 10 open the action centre

- click on 'connect'

here you can manage your paired devices:

- click on the BT device then 'disconnect' to disconnect

- if disconnected (but still paired), click on the BT device to (re-)connect

The option we've been searching!

It's very stupid the 'Bluetooth manager' under Control Panel doesn't provide this simple option to disconnect and connect, but offers you only to 'remove device' which means unpairing... For dummy Win 10 users it seems like using audio cables is the fastest
    option!

Greetings from Belgium

TomCallens, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Win10: How to disconnect a bluetooth device without unpairing - Similar Threads - Win10 disconnect bluetooth

2. Can't unpair bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't unpair bluetooth device: Whenever I click the menu button on a bluetooth device in settings, the app becomes unresponsive. I'm on Windows 11 Dev Build. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpair-bluetooth-device/cdfaf869-427a-4823-ada0-49dde2af445a
  3. Can't unpair bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't unpair bluetooth device: Whenever I click the menu button on a bluetooth device in settings, the app becomes unresponsive. I'm on Windows 11 Dev Build. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpair-bluetooth-device/cdfaf869-427a-4823-ada0-49dde2af445a
  4. How do I disconnect a bluetooth device without disconnecting it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disconnect a bluetooth device without disconnecting it?: I have a bluetooth speaker I wanna pair it with my phone, but I have to disconnect it from my computer to show up, but I wanna keep it on my computer for later use, so instead of removing the device from my computer’s bluetooth, how do I disconnect it or unpair it? (My...
  5. Unable to unpair bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to unpair bluetooth devices: Starting this thread to attempt to diagnose this issue. Bluetooth devices will not unpair, when this is attempted it says that the attempt failed. I've tried several other options as well including reinstalling bluetooth drivers, removing bluetooth devices from device...
  6. Failed to connection to unpaired bluetooth LE device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failed to connection to unpaired bluetooth LE device: Hi, Win 10 Creator Update add feature to support unpaired Bluetooth LE Device connectivity (https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2017/P4178). I download "Bluetooth LE Explorer" from Microsoft Store and run it. On "Discover and Pair", I can find the designated device...
  7. How to Prevent Windows from Autoconnecting Paired Bluetooth Audio Device without Unpairing it?

How to Prevent Windows from Autoconnecting Paired Bluetooth Audio Device without Unpairing it?: It's quite unacceptable to be interrupted when I listen to music via bluetooth earbuds connecting to my iPhone just because I opened the lid of my portable pc and it says "all your bluetooth devices must connect to me!" What the hell was Microsoft thinking and causing this...
  8. Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired

Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired: The issue is; when I pair a device with my computer using Bluetooth I am no longer able to unpair, or even uninstall the device, as if i do, somehow windows will just automatically reinstall it even if it's not connected. This means that if i connect the device to something...
  9. Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 PC: How to: Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 PC How to Unpair a Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 PC Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetoothenabled devices located nearby each other. If one...
  10. Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Unpair a Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetooth–enabled devices...