Windows 10: Win10 - how to reinstall on a new drive.

Discus and support Win10 - how to reinstall on a new drive. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 installed on it. I have also purchased a 1TB SSD that I wish to use to replace the original HD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RascalHoudi, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Win10 - how to reinstall on a new drive.

I have just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 installed on it. I have also purchased a 1TB SSD that I wish to use to replace the original HD.

1) Is this process as simple as creating a recovery USB, downloading the Win 10 iso from Microsoft and then doing a clean install on the new SSD HD?

2) My laptop is an Acer. Am I able to install the original MS version without the bloatware?

3) Would anybody be able to provide me with a link to the actual procudure(s) that I need to follow?

Thanks for you time. RH.

:)

RascalHoudi, Dec 19, 2018

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Dec 19, 2018
  3. JayTeeHam Win User
    Reinstalling Win10 On New Hard Drive, current hdd is failing and i need to replace.

Reinstalling Win10 On New Hard Drive, current hdd is failing and i need to replace fast! Backup and restore misses several key files so can't transfer to new hdd.

I need to reinstall my winOS on a new hdd, current hard drive is failing fast! I bought Win8, upgraded to 8.1 free, then 10 free. I can't find Win 10 Product Key Only Product ID Listed In SysInfo.

Can I download Win10 for free somewhere, and locate the Product Key to install for free, or do I have to buy the complete WinOS 10 Pro to the tune of $200!!!? Help Please! Thanks so much!

JayTeeHam, Dec 19, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10 - how to reinstall on a new drive.

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Win10 - how to reinstall on a new drive.

1. Win10 - how to reinstall on a new drive. - Similar Threads - Win10 reinstall drive

2. How to reinstall original win10 in new ssd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall original win10 in new ssd?: hi.. i want to replace my laptop's hdd with ssd and install windows 10 in it. How to reactivate the windows? i have original windows that comes with the laptop when i bought it before. Thank you!...
  3. How to reinstall original win10 in new ssd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall original win10 in new ssd?: hi.. i want to replace my laptop's hdd with ssd and install windows 10 in it. How to reactivate the windows? i have original windows that comes with the laptop when i bought it before. Thank you!...
  4. How to reinstall original win10 in new ssd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstalling win10 without external drive

Reinstalling win10 without external drive: Hello, I’ve recently replaced my old laptop ssd in a shady repair store, they also installed windows 10 for me on my new ssd. I’m not sure if they could’ve installed malicious windows, malware or smth. I’d like to clean install windows 10 on the device, concidering how the...
  6. reinstalled win10 on new drive & cant see system reserved partion.

reinstalled win10 on new drive & cant see system reserved partion.: Background. My old HD (disk 0) is looking faulty so I installed a new drive (disk 1) and did fresh win10 install. I left Disk 0 in PC to test/reformat etc. I now want to partition new C: drive so I have a separate smaller boot partition for cloning/ win reinstall but am...
  7. Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive

Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive: My hard drive on my pc has gone bad. I updated my win7 ultimate during major change to win 10. What do I do once I have replaced my hard drive. 124273
  8. Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive: My hard drive on my pc has gone bad. I updated my win7 ultimate during major change to win 10. What do I do once I have replaced my hard drive. 124273
  9. reinstall missing external drive win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reinstall missing external drive win10: reinstall missing external dive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/reinstall-missing-external-drive-win10/bc097b91-5de4-43be-b54b-ff581c5337e1
  10. Reinstall with new Motherboard? Win10

Reinstall with new Motherboard? Win10: I've purchased all the components for my new PC..and it includes a completely new chipset on the motherboard (1151). I recently purchased a windows 10 key from here (Windows 10 Home 32-bit/64-bit English International: Amazon.co.uk: Software). The USB flash drive Home...