Windows 10: Win10 How to Remove Background Picture For One Monitor Only

Discus and support Win10 How to Remove Background Picture For One Monitor Only in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 2 monitors and set a different picture as the background for each monitor. I want one solid color and the picture on the other but now I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by glezbsg, Oct 26, 2020.

1. glezbsg Win User

Win10 How to Remove Background Picture For One Monitor Only

I have 2 monitors and set a different picture as the background for each monitor. I want one solid color and the picture on the other but now I can only change them to both solid or a picture same or different on each. When I choose Solid Color both monitors go solid and when I choose Picture both get a picture. When I first tried this I set a picture only on one monitor and solid on the other was fine. But once a picture is set on both monitors it can't be undone on just one of them.

To find where individual monitor backgrounds are stored I created a new test user and set each monitor's background to different pictures/file names. I then searched the registry for the file names of both images. I found one monitor picture but not the other.

There doesn't appear to be a way to change only one of the monitors back to a solid color once a picture is set. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

glezbsg, Oct 26, 2020

2. Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Vladimir Win User
    2 Monitors Only One Background Picture

Interesting solution

Win10 How to Remove Background Picture For One Monitor Only :)

Vladimir, Oct 26, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

2 Monitors Only One Background Picture

If you don't want to use third party software such as: display fusion, ultra mon...

Assuming you have 2 monitors. A simple way to set different background for each monitor is as follows:
    1. Navigate to C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes
    2. Rename the first jpg background to: Transcoded_000 with no file extension for the first monitor
    3. Rename the second jpg file to: Transcoded_001 with no file extension for the second monitor
    4. sign out and sign back in.

Win10 How to Remove Background Picture For One Monitor Only [​IMG]

Hope this helps !!!

topgundcp, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 How to Remove Background Picture For One Monitor Only - Similar Threads - Win10 Remove Background

2. how to remove picture I put on background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove picture I put on background: I put a picture in the background and no clue how to remove it, Thank you*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-picture-i-put-on-background/bd55533e-76fb-48a4-bb41-a9d91d6e97c6
  3. how to remove picture I put on background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove picture I put on background: I put a picture in the background and no clue how to remove it, Thank you*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-picture-i-put-on-background/bd55533e-76fb-48a4-bb41-a9d91d6e97c6
  4. how to remove picture I put on background

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Two different background pictures, one for each monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two different background pictures, one for each monitor: I woke up this morning and i realised I'm not able to set up two different background images, as I said in the title. The "Set for monitor 1" and "Set for monitor 2" buttons just dissapeared and now it only shows "Set as background image" as a whole, both monitors now must...
  6. Win10 sees only one of 2 monitors correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 sees only one of 2 monitors correctly: I have a pair of Samsung S24F356 monitors, driven by the Quadro P1000 graphics card. These are each connected with a Rankie Mini DisplayPort Mini DP to HDMI Cable, 1.8 m. Win10 64 bit sees 2 monitors but had loaded Generic PnP drivers for both. I have just "updated" the...
  7. Win10 sees only one of 2 monitors correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 sees only one of 2 monitors correctly: I have a pair of Samsung S24F356 monitors, driven by the Quadro P1000 graphics card. These are each connected with a Rankie Mini DisplayPort Mini DP to HDMI Cable, 1.8 m. Win10 64 bit sees 2 monitors but had loaded Generic PnP drivers for both. I have just "updated" the...
  8. Removing Background on Pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Background on Pictures: Why under Picture Tools, do I only have the option for Rotate right or left and view slide show or set as background? I want to delete the background of a picture. Is this possible?...
  9. Only one monitor picture extremely bright and sharp

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only one monitor picture extremely bright and sharp: Hey everyone! So I don’t normally shut my pc down at night, but last night I shut it down and turned it on this morning and went to play a game before work and my monitor was extremely bright and sharp (i think that’s the right term) my other monitors seem to be fine....
  10. 2 Monitors Only One Background Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 Monitors Only One Background Picture: With the latest build 10074 there doesn't appear to be a way to use two different background pictures on two monitors. This feature has been available since Windows 7, perhaps earlier. I have provided that information to Microsoft. Using a horizontal inversion on one...