Windows 10: win10 icons take long time to show (windows Explorer)

Discus and support win10 icons take long time to show (windows Explorer) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I first open the Windows Explorer after starting my computer the icons for the files show up as a white box. I have run virus scans, malware scans... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by artoo, Nov 17, 2015.

1. artoo Win User

win10 icons take long time to show (windows Explorer)

When I first open the Windows Explorer after starting my computer the icons for the files show up as a white box. I have run virus scans, malware scans which both finding nothing, then I defraged the drive and tried resetting the icon cache then rebooted. The same thing happens. The icon do eventually show up after the computer has been on for a while.

Has anyone else experienced this and what is a fix?

Thanks

:)

artoo, Nov 17, 2015
  2. Joe_964 Win User

Outlook live

Outlook live and browser google chrome take a long time to open when i click on the icons since i upgraded to win10

Joe_964, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10 long boot time!!!

Please help!!!

Windows 10 takes long time to boot.

After I reach the desktop it takes a minute or more for the network, and task bar icons to appear.

The start menu lags a bit, Explorer wont respond for some time...

After 5-6 min its lag free..

Thank you for your help.....

HariPrasad72, Nov 17, 2015
Thema:

win10 icons take long time to show (windows Explorer)

1. win10 icons take long time to show (windows Explorer) - Similar Threads - win10 icons long

2. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time: Recently, my windows explorer is really slow whereby a green loading bar is visible for a long time. I tried multiple options such as: - a refresh via the task manager - rebuilding index - clear explorer history +launching folder windows in a separate process - uncheck "Allow...
  3. Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loading of documents in windows explorer takes long time: Recently, my windows explorer is really slow whereby a green loading bar is visible for a long time. I tried multiple options such as: - a refresh via the task manager - rebuilding index - clear explorer history +launching folder windows in a separate process - uncheck "Allow...
  4. Icons disappearing, not loading and Explorer windows taking a long time to load.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons disappearing, not loading and Explorer windows taking a long time to load.: Hello, before I elaborate on the issue, please do not tell me to delete all thumbnails, run SFC or reinstall Windows. I have tried all of these and nothing worked. It seems that after an attempt to troubleshoot a network issue I updated my PC sometime during the...
  5. Icons disappearing, not loading and Explorer windows taking a long time to load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons disappearing, not loading and Explorer windows taking a long time to load.: Hello, before I elaborate on the issue, please do not tell me to delete all thumbnails, run SFC or reinstall Windows. I have tried all of these and nothing worked. It seems that after an attempt to troubleshoot a network issue I updated my PC sometime during the...
  6. Icons disappearing, not loading and Explorer windows taking a long time to load.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Files in Explorer taking a long time to display

Files in Explorer taking a long time to display: Similar to a question only asked very recently, my case might be the same. The problem is Explorer not displaying files for some time after selecting a folder and this seems to have happened following my recent update to Win10 21H1 although I cannot be certain. This problem...
  8. Windows Explorer Taking a Long Time to Function?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Taking a Long Time to Function?: Hello all, I try to right-click on files whilst exploring files in Windows Explorer. As of late, it's taken a while for the contextual window to appear. Does anyone know why this may be? 175606
  9. "This PC" or File Explorer takes long time to show icons and drives

"This PC" or File Explorer takes long time to show icons and drives: Good Day... I have HP Probook 450 G5 laptop, with Intel i7; 8GB Ram and 250GB SSD. in which I just recently formatted. It works perfectly fine at my home and when I use it one of my workplace it suddenly takes forever to open "This PC" folder. The odd thing is, other...
  10. Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to...

Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to...: As per title, Windows10 takes almost 2 minutes to open any executable file. File Explorer takes up to 3 minutes to load a folder and up to one minute whenever I right click something. Disabled most of the shell extensions that caused trouble but it still lags a lot. I just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icons on windows 10 taking long time to show