Windows 10: Win10 in desktop mode doesn't automatically trigger the keyboard when input field is focused

Discus and support Win10 in desktop mode doesn't automatically trigger the keyboard when input field is focused in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I noticed that in desktop mode when I click into a text field (any text field, the search bar, Editor, etc.) the keyboard doesn't automatically... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BaxterStockman, May 16, 2019.

1. Win10 in desktop mode doesn't automatically trigger the keyboard when input field is focused

Hi,

I noticed that in desktop mode when I click into a text field (any text field, the search bar, Editor, etc.) the keyboard doesn't automatically come up. In tablet mode it works fine.

I tried adding "--disable-usb-keyboard-detect" to the target via the properties but that didn't do anything.

I was wondering if anyone had an idea? OR additionally where could I find a list of all possible flags I can add to the target in the properties?

Thanks!

:)

BaxterStockman, May 16, 2019

2. How to get the on-screen keyboard to pop up in tablet mode

In tablet mode the on-screen keyboard rarely pops up when touching a text input field, and there is no task bar and no touch keyboard icon. What is the point of tablet mode if I can't use it as a tablet? Touch functionality took 3 steps back in Win10.
    compared to 8.1.

Mark McQuaide, May 16, 2019
  3. keyboard doesn' t working

keyboard doesn' t working, it doesn't popup on my nokia lumia 735 after I took windows 10, 10586 version. Please, help!!!

ZelenaVisnja, May 16, 2019
  4. Win10 in desktop mode doesn't automatically trigger the keyboard when input field is focused

Keyboard in input field problem (not english nor french)

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the keyboard language. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer\keyboard?

2. Have you tried connecting other keyboards and check if the issue persists?

I suggest you to remove the other keyboard languages apart from English Language
    and check if the issue still persists.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Type Windows + X and then select Control Panel
    • Select Languages.
    • In Keyboard layout select the language.
    • Select the other languages apart from the English language in the input method and then select Remove.
    Please reply us back if the issue still persists. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Win10 in desktop mode doesn't automatically trigger the keyboard when input field is focused

1. Win10 in desktop mode doesn't automatically trigger the keyboard when input field is focused - Similar Threads - Win10 desktop mode

2. Character repeats automatically forever in all input fields randomly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Character repeats automatically forever in all input fields randomly.: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/input-area-automatically-filled-with-character-6/ea1b9b06-869a-45b2-96c7-7d86d2f78f78 is an old post that clearly states a problem I am having. Many more posts all the way back to 2016 are similar. No one has ever posted a...
  3. Character repeats automatically forever in all input fields randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Character repeats automatically forever in all input fields randomly.: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/input-area-automatically-filled-with-character-6/ea1b9b06-869a-45b2-96c7-7d86d2f78f78 is an old post that clearly states a problem I am having. Many more posts all the way back to 2016 are similar. No one has ever posted a...
  4. Character repeats automatically forever in all input fields randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ctrl key automatically triggers in external keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl key automatically triggers in external keyboard.: I have a strange bug with the keyboard, the ctrl key gets triggered automatically, this is how it started I bought this keyboard a month back 10 to 20 minutes into using the keyboard the control key gets triggered and I made sure this is not the key boards fault per se. I...
  6. Ctrl key automatically triggers in external keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl key automatically triggers in external keyboard.: I have a strange bug with the keyboard, the ctrl key gets triggered automatically, this is how it started I bought this keyboard a month back 10 to 20 minutes into using the keyboard the control key gets triggered and I made sure this is not the key boards fault per se. I...
  7. Language input doesn't match typed characters in some fields

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language input doesn't match typed characters in some fields: I have two language inputs in my keyboard settings: "English United States - US" and "Japanese - Microsoft IME." However, in most fields/web pages etc. in this field, for instance, I can't switch to Japanese/kana characters because IME is "disabled." What is required to...
  8. [Bug] Focus assist is turned on automatically when the desktop is shown.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Bug] Focus assist is turned on automatically when the desktop is shown.: [ATTACH] Basically Focus assist turns on by itself if the desktop is the foremost window (if i can call it like this) Note that I had some customization apps open: Rainmeter, TranslucentTB, FalconX but I closed all of them and it didn't help at all. I also closed all the...
  9. Automatic Keyboard input language change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Keyboard input language change: Hello, I'm using surface pro 4 in Korea which was bought directly from America. So, English, (United States) US Keyboard and Korean IME are both on language preference. When I write something, I start with Korean IME and shift Korean to English and vice versa with simple...
  10. Automatic Keyboard input language change

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Keyboard input language change: Hello, I'm using surface pro 4 in Korea which was bought directly from America. So, English, (United States) US Keyboard and Korean IME are both on language preference. When I write something, I start with Korean IME and shift Korean to English and vice versa with simple...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to automatically trigger keyboard in tablet mode