Windows 10: Win10 install from USB on tablet with 1 USB port impossible? no touchscreen support?

Discus and support Win10 install from USB on tablet with 1 USB port impossible? no touchscreen support? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please explain the correct method for interacting with the iso installation program when installing from USB onto a tablet which, per typical, has only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by samroney, Aug 27, 2018.

1. samroney Win User

Win10 install from USB on tablet with 1 USB port impossible? no touchscreen support?

Please explain the correct method for interacting with the iso installation program when installing from USB onto a tablet which, per typical, has only 1 USB port and an internal 20GB hard drive. The only USB port is in use by the USB drive, so there is no place to connect a mouse, and the 32bit installation program does not support touchscreen functionality. This appears to be a common impasse for consumers with Win10 tablet installations, but every response from Microsoft in Microsoft Communities seems to be one in which the Microsoft rep pretends to either misunderstand the central issue of the lack of touchscreen support as being a request for basic installation instructions, or they pretend that they believe there is some hardware failure causing the lack of ability to use the touchscreen. These answers are either ridiculously and absurdly dishonest, or you need to hire someone with better english language comprehension skills to answer questions. Either way, I would prefer you to skip the aforementioned Burns and Allen comedy routine and directly address the issue of the lack of touchscreen support an offer a work around or feasible method of interacting with the installation program. Thank you.

:)

samroney, Aug 27, 2018
  2. RejZoR Win User

Using USB hub for more USB ports on Windows tablet?

I had to reinstall OS on my Iconia W4 tablet and I've gone through hell to get Win10 re-installed because booting it directly from USB causes touch to be dead, meaning I couldn't select anything using screen. I also wasn't able to boot the thing with keyboard/mouse, because one and only USB port is occupied by bootable USB drive and swapping it later didn't work.

Then I thought, how about an USB hub (even passive one)? I'm not going to run anything super intensive on it, just keyboard+mouse and that USB drive. Does it work in terms of actually recognizing devices like they are individually hooked to the system? This is full Windows tablet so there shouldn't be any limitations otherwise found on Android tablets if you want to do the same.

Has anyone tried this?

RejZoR, Aug 27, 2018
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Win10 install from USB on tablet with 1 USB port impossible? no touchscreen support? [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

Win10 install from USB on tablet with 1 USB port impossible? no touchscreen support? [​IMG]

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Aug 27, 2018
  4. thraxed Win User

Win10 install from USB on tablet with 1 USB port impossible? no touchscreen support?

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 install from USB on tablet with 1 USB port impossible? no touchscreen support? - Similar Threads - Win10 install USB

2. Impossible to boot from USB to install Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to boot from USB to install Windows: I purchased a full version of Win 10 from Microsoft, that comes on USB stick.I am on a PC which in the past had run Windows, that lately built as a Hackintosh. This to say, I have been able in the past to boot from USB stick for the install. Now, I am unable to start from...
  3. Impossible to boot from USB to install Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to boot from USB to install Windows: I purchased a full version of Win 10 from Microsoft, that comes on USB stick.I am on a PC which in the past had run Windows, that lately built as a Hackintosh. This to say, I have been able in the past to boot from USB stick for the install. Now, I am unable to start from...
  4. Impossible to boot from USB to install Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Setup does not support installation from USB or IEEE 1394 port

in Windows 10 News
    Setup does not support installation from USB or IEEE 1394 port: [IMG]This article lists some solutions that will help you fix Windows cannot be installed to this disk. Setup does not support USB or IEEE 1394 port error while installing Windows 11/10. This error usually occurs while installing Windows OS on an external hard drive. However,...
  6. USB port stopped supporting USB hub / ethernet adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB port stopped supporting USB hub / ethernet adapter: Hello, I have a USB hub/ethernet-adapter I have been using that recently stopped functioning in one of the USB ports of my laptop. It does not show up, it does not load the driver, it is unusable. The mouse and keyboard I have used in the hub work in the same port, ruling...
  7. USB 3.0 port and HDMI port is not working after installation of WIN10

USB 3.0 port and HDMI port is not working after installation of WIN10: USB 3.0 port and HDMI port is not working after installation of WIN10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-30-port-and-hdmi-port-is-not-working-after/2c2922c3-6f73-482f-bc4a-d4d0f48a1841
  8. How to stop Win10 from scanning USB ports

How to stop Win10 from scanning USB ports: When I shutdown or restart Win10, it took a long time (like 4 minutes) to happen. I discovered that if I disconnect the USB2 cable from my Hauppauge HD-PVR device, the shutdown or restart happens in about 16 seconds. The long 4 minute delay never used to happen when I was...
  9. Unable to Install Win10 on tablet using USB - Boot Fail?

Unable to Install Win10 on tablet using USB - Boot Fail?: Hello; The resolution for me was to 'Disable Secure Boot'! I thank everyone for the assistance. Here is my original question: I'm unable to install the windows 10 tech preview. Any assistance is appreciated. I downloaded the iso file from the windows page...
  10. Installing Win10 Pro from USB

Installing Win10 Pro from USB: Hi Have another issue with upgrading OS on new laptop that has Win10 Home. I am going to double check that I have indeed burned the correct iso but I think I have. The laptop goes through the install routine from the USB but still shows windows home as activated rather...