Windows 10: Win10 install killed video output

Discus and support Win10 install killed video output in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was upgrading a perfectly functional, 5 year old, Win7 desktop to Win10 using the media creation tool on a USB drive. When I had tried on-line... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RLR, May 14, 2016.

1. RLR
    RLR Win User

Win10 install killed video output

I was upgrading a perfectly functional, 5 year old, Win7 desktop to Win10 using the media creation tool on a USB drive. When I had tried on-line upgrading this machine got hung up on "checking for updates" which is why I went to the MCT and disabled updates up front. After the "Installing Windows 10" message came up, I left the room. When I returned about an hour later the monitor was blank with the message "no input". The only sign of activity was the fairly regular blinking of the LED for the SSD where Windows is installed. I let it run for 8 hrs. like this. Then I hit reset...still no video so no visible POST and the SSD LED returned to blinking. Then I did a hard power down...same thing. I haven't built another computer since this one in 2011, where do I start?

:)

2. BrewerJoe Win User

OK, I'm stumped and out of ideas (Win10 crashing)

As I suspected, there isn't really much left on my system drive after the format and failed installs, so unfortunately there are no minidumps or memory.dmp files available.

Here is a link to my speccy txt output and a pic of the scrambled BSOD I've had to witness quite often:

Public

One thing I've found odd, is that most of my non-Win10 boot discs seem to load fine (ex. SeaTools, Memtest, Win7 Recovery), but whenever I attempt to load a Win10 based system (disc or USB Win10 install) I get BSOD'd.

This PC is about 7 years old, and I'm almost ready to bite the bullet and purchase a new one. Unfortunate since this one has 8GB RAM, two big HDDs installed, and was running just fine up until a few weeks ago Win10 install killed video output :(

Win10 seems to be killing me.

BrewerJoe, May 14, 2016
  3. muuseaha Win User
    An application problem in the N900 phone

OK mate

This was the output:

home/user # /etc/init.d/catblock stop

Stopping: CATblock daemon: catblock-daemon

Process not killed: not found, not root or kill failed

/home/user #

muuseaha, May 14, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

If you're not getting a POST display, you have problems beyond the OS.

All that I can suggest that doesn't involve real hardware troubleshooting is clearing the CMOS.

bobkn, May 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Win10 install killed video output - Similar Threads - Win10 install killed

2. Upgraded GPU, No Video Output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded GPU, No Video Output: I upgraded my GTX 1060 6gb to an RTX 3070. After installing it, turning the system on, and installing new drivers, I concluded that the computer worked fine. However, when I finished closing the side panels of my case and turned the computer on again, I saw that all the...
  3. Upgraded GPU, No Video Output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded GPU, No Video Output: I upgraded my GTX 1060 6gb to an RTX 3070. After installing it, turning the system on, and installing new drivers, I concluded that the computer worked fine. However, when I finished closing the side panels of my case and turned the computer on again, I saw that all the...
  4. Upgraded GPU, No Video Output

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Fresh Installation No Video Output

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fresh Installation No Video Output: I am currently trying to install windows 10 onto a computer I just built. I created a usb tool via the Media Creation Tool and for whatever reason, as soon as I begin trying to boot from that usb, my video cuts out, only after a brief flash of the Windows 10 logo. However, I...
  6. Bluetooth Kills Video playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Kills Video playback: How can I stop Bluetooth headset from freezing video both youtube and any media player. Disable bluetooth all video plays fine. Enable bluetooth and use Sennheiser PXC 250 II's or logitech headset and the video stream starts freezing. Play for 5 sec, freeze for 5 sec...
  7. Is there a device that can deliver VGA output into Win10 outside regular video connection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a device that can deliver VGA output into Win10 outside regular video connection?: Trying to solve a space issue. By using a Win10 all in one PC we could gain some room in an already crowded shop if there was some sort of device available that could pipe a VGA output into an app loaded on the Win10 PC. The source is not windows based but does output VGA....
  8. Win10 update kills my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update kills my laptop: After a recent update, the laptop went back to the last app before the update, but could not open any other app except the file directory. Subsequently this app also disappeared and only the file app was functioning. On seeing only the C directory using the file app, I...
  9. Laptop has no video output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop has no video output: Hi, About an hour ago when I finished doing what I needed to on my laptop, I closed the lid, now, recently I tried opening the lid and there was no video output, my gaming keyboard has output, as the lights will light up, but there is no output in video, not even in my...
  10. Win10 10586 Kills Game Performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 10586 Kills Game Performance?: Hello, I run Win 10 Pro, and from today i got this big update. But strangely this update killed COMPLETLY the game performance of my pc. no matter how i set the graphics settings, every 5 seconds every game i have lags for about 1 second (unplayable!). I never had such...