Windows 10: win10 installation does not go on

Discus and support win10 installation does not go on in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I intended to do a clean install on a Acer Aspire 3660 so that I created a 32 bits Windows 10 install pen drive , changed the boot order on BIOS and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ron Wolpa, May 16, 2017.

1. Ron Wolpa Win User

win10 installation does not go on

I intended to do a clean install on a Acer Aspire 3660 so that I created a 32 bits Windows 10 install pen drive , changed the boot order on BIOS and booted the machine to start the setup.
    It booted from the pen drive , started to read from the device (pen driver's led blinked all the time & the blue win 10 logo came up on the screen ) but it took a long time and no action at all the screens that were supposed never loaded.

In order to test the win 10 setup files I had on my pen drive , I booted the previously installed windows 7 from hard drive and started win 10 installation which ran up to 100% until it rebooted then failed reverting to win7.
    There are 2 questions I have to ask :
    1- why the installation did not go on from the boot pen drive ? (I still prefer to do a clean install)
    2- why win10 installation failed (by the 2nd method from within win7) ?
    Thank you.

:)

Ron Wolpa, May 16, 2017

2. win10 does not support BCM4313, installation suspends at startup, leaving the logo on the screen alone

Its your Wireless LAN driver, depending on the version of Windows installed, I would launch Device Manager then uninstall it from Network Adapters.

Power down computer.

Wait 10 minutes.

Start computer.

Setup will automatically restore your previous Windows 10 build or previous version of Windows.

Andre Da Costa, May 16, 2017
  3. win10 does not support BCM4313, installation suspends at startup, leaving the logo on the screen alone

win10 does not support BCM4313, installation suspends at startup, leaving the logo on the screen alone.

any solution?

andrew.s.zhao, May 16, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I'd start by checking your disk.
    E.g. Hard Disk Sentinel (trial).

If that's ok, you'd need to examine any windows update log files that were created (not easy).

Note that your machine isn't listed here (probably and XP machine?)
    Windows 10 Upgrade
    (there's probably a UK equivalent list).

So you may have problems with compatible drivers.

dalchina, May 16, 2017
  5. Ron Wolpa Win User
    Well , what made me feel comfortable to install win10 is the available drivers for the series 3660 I found over the internet
    , to name one : Acer Aspire 3660 Drivers Download for Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP. There seems to be the complete set of drivers for all devices.
    But what is really strange is the fact the setup does not go on as I booted with pen drive.
    Thank you.

Ron Wolpa, May 16, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    driverscape isn't an official source for drivers. Such sites- and that one in particular- appear as a result for any device whatsoever, unfortunately. Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

It is not uncommon for attempted installations to fail. For example, does the processor meet Win 10 minimum requirements?

Repeat- first basics- check your disk.

Then
    a. Update your BIOS to latest available.
    b. Disconnect any unnecessary peripherals- esp. any wireless ones.
    c. Try installing again if anything has changed by doing a) & b).

If ok, you could try looking at the Windows update logs - but this is not straightforward- you can research this if you wish.

And post a message on Acer forums - and check there for anyone who has experience of trying to install Win 10 on this.

dalchina, May 16, 2017
  7. Ron Wolpa Win User
    Thank you for the tips

Ron Wolpa, May 16, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. win10 installation does not go on - Similar Threads - win10 installation does

2. SSD SATA M2 installed does not go online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD SATA M2 installed does not go online: Hello, I recently bought a notebook acer aspire 5, 1 week after use I went to install my old sata on it, I made the correct installation following installation tutorial, but when turning on the notebook in disk management, I need to activate the ssd to be able to use, but not...
  3. SSD SATA M2 installed does not go online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD SATA M2 installed does not go online: Hello, I recently bought a notebook acer aspire 5, 1 week after use I went to install my old sata on it, I made the correct installation following installation tutorial, but when turning on the notebook in disk management, I need to activate the ssd to be able to use, but not...
  4. Win10 Pro want to go back to Win10 Family

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Pro want to go back to Win10 Family: Hello,Being short in supply with win10 Pro's laptops, we bought several laptop with the Family edition for our customers, we also bought electronics licences for the Professional edition and install them on these computers by changing the product key.Now, some of these laptop...
  5. Win10 new install cannot stop from going to lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 new install cannot stop from going to lock screen: I'm running a background program and I want the PC to stay on ALL THE TIME! I've set, reset and reset the sleep & power settings to ensure Sleep NEVER and Hibernate NEVER etc, but every time I go check the status the PC is on the Lock Screen and my background app is stopped....
  6. Update Does Not Go Away After Installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Does Not Go Away After Installing: Hello everyone, I was installing some optional driver updates on my wife's laptop HP ENVY - 17m-ce0013dx which went very well and quickly and no problems seen after installs. However there is one update that is still showing up in the Optional Update Queue in Settings...
  7. WIN10 is going very badly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WIN10 is going very badly: [ATTACH] I don't remember if I had this problem before upgrading to the latest version of win10 but my PC sometimes goes slow: they don't load the pages properly, sometimes they fall off and in games the latency goes to hell. This is sporadic, sometimes it goes well but...
  8. Screensaver does not go on (Win10)?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver does not go on (Win10)?: Hi, I have set my screensaver to 2 minutes but it does not turn on, what now? Bildschirmschoner geht nicht an (Win10)?
  9. install of win10 wont go passed the boot screen before the lockscreen

install of win10 wont go passed the boot screen before the lockscreen: I started having problems with my pc so I decided to do an in place install chosing to keep my files and programs after it completed I noticed my desktop files were all gone it was still acting weird so I restarted it and when I did it would get to the lock screen I would...
  10. Does clean install of Win10 format hard drive?

Does clean install of Win10 format hard drive?: Granted...this may be a dumb question...but I botched the upgrade to Win10 by selecting 32-bit instead of 64-bit. *Redface*cry*Sad I'm planning to do a clean install, from a bootable flash using the Media Creator tool (that includes the Ann. update) I know I'll lose all...