Windows 10: Win10 installation fails or frezera upon launch

Discus and support Win10 installation fails or frezera upon launch in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have bought an HP pavilion laptop 3 days ago and have been trying to install windows 10 ever since. Whenever I try to launch the wi dows installer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JanLisowski1, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Win10 installation fails or frezera upon launch

I have bought an HP pavilion laptop 3 days ago and have been trying to install windows 10 ever since.

Whenever I try to launch the wi dows installer in the UEFI mode, the i stallation freezes. I tried multiple ISO files. I tried using the media tool, I tried using the ISO you can download directly from Microsoft's website, etc.

When launching the installer in legacy mode, the installation progresses normally. However, it freezes as soon as the "getting ready screen appears".

Through trial and error, I managed to install windows by switching back to uefi the secont the first reboot occurs after installation from the usb has completed, but the set-up has not yet initiated the part where the user is asked to select the time zones, etc..

However, the version that launches with this procedure fails to load half of the time, whenever the computer goes into sleep mode, it is unable to recover from it and needs a hard reset to try and launch.

Could you please suggest what else can be done?

I have ruled out the faulty usb drive, as I tried this on multiple units. I tried various ISOs, in different languages. The computer is brand new and seemed to operate normally once I managed to install the unstable win10 mentioned above.

I have already put 16+ hours into this issue. I feel pretty frustrated.

:)

JanLisowski1, Apr 13, 2020
  2. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Apr 13, 2020
  3. yls1hCURx Win User
    after upgrade to win10 1709,ie11 failed to launch

after upgrade to win10 1709, ie11 failed to launch. but after a reboot ie11 can launch.

yls1hCURx, Apr 13, 2020
  4. jds21 Win User

Win10 installation fails or frezera upon launch

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Win10 installation fails or frezera upon launch

1. Win10 installation fails or frezera upon launch - Similar Threads - Win10 installation fails

2. Error 0xc0000005 upon launching an Application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc0000005 upon launching an Application: Hello,Upon trying to launch a few specific applications 3, they close themself without something popping up. On Event Viewer I say an Error with the Errorcode: 0xc0000005This is only for a few specific applications, nearly all other programs work fine.Name der fehlerhaften...
  3. Error 0xc0000005 upon launching an Application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0xc0000005 upon launching an Application: Hello,Upon trying to launch a few specific applications 3, they close themself without something popping up. On Event Viewer I say an Error with the Errorcode: 0xc0000005This is only for a few specific applications, nearly all other programs work fine.Name der fehlerhaften...
  4. Windows Live Failing upon launch of Resident Evil 5

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Live Failing upon launch of Resident Evil 5: Hello I recently bought Resident Evil 5 from the Steam marketplace . I tried to launch it and attempts then crashs and gives me this Windows error------------------------------- Logging Started: 06/18/2021 19:42:58 Source Folder:...
  5. WPA closes instantly - upon launch

in Windows 10 Support
    WPA closes instantly - upon launch: I had some error causing Windows Performance Analyzer to crash upon launch. I did clean install and it worked, but now it doesn't work again (different error) LOL... Ofc. 3 search engines coldn't find anything about Event Viewer errors - classic... And I don't know how...
  6. Win10 Media Creation Tool failed to install win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Media Creation Tool failed to install win10: So after the recent windows 10 update, my computer is getting slow boot times, and the boot log says that wimmount.sys, WdFilter.sys, NDProxy.sys, and dxgkrnl.sys are not loaded. I tried sfc /scannow but the error message says "windows resource protection could not start the...
  7. Adobe XD crashed upon launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe XD crashed upon launch: Hi, I tried to launch adobe XD but it keeps crashing and the event viewer shows this error Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 6/18/2020 1:46:40 AM Event ID: 1000 Task Category: 100 Level: Error Keywords: Classic...
  8. Win10 installation fails or freezes upon launch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 installation fails or freezes upon launch: I have bought an HP pavilion laptop 3 days ago and have been trying to install windows 10 ever since. Whenever I try to launch the wi dows installer in the UEFI mode, the i stallation freezes. I tried multiple ISO files. I tried using the media tool, I tried using the ISO...
  9. Oracle Virtualbox install fails to launch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Oracle Virtualbox install fails to launch: I run the installer and it appears to work but then I have two issues; 1. I get the following error when I try and launch virtualbox; Failed to acquire the virtual box COM object Completely failed to instantiate CLSID_VirtualBox: ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND 0x80070002. Result...
  10. Explorer Crashing Upon Launch.

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Crashing Upon Launch.: Hi I have an issue where on one of our laptops, when user opens their file explorer, it would spin for a second then crashes. It only happens under her profile, if I log in, I can run File Explorer just fine. If I use Internet Explore then go the address bar and type...