Windows 10: Win10 intermitant fail to resume

Discus and support Win10 intermitant fail to resume in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro desktop 10.0.17134 Build 17134 All drivers & bios upto date, no hardware changed C:\ drive + 5x internal drives. Not a branded system,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Palcouk, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Palcouk Win User

Win10 intermitant fail to resume

Win 10 Pro desktop 10.0.17134 Build 17134

All drivers & bios upto date, no hardware changed C:\ drive + 5x internal drives. Not a branded system, current Gigabyte mobo, 2x Iiyama monitors

Balanced power settings, Occassionally PC fails to resume from sleep, generally this happens when the drives have failed to power down, I have to hard pwr off in order to restart.

The external drives are in an internal dock so can be disconnected, even this fails to help so the problem is not with the external drives.

I have reset the power settings, run the various trouble shooters, run sfc - No issues found

The system runs 24/7 as it runs various proccesses overnight, these all function without any problems, so the problem appears to be the display not resuming/waking

:)

Palcouk, Mar 24, 2019
  2. m3110w Win User

Win10 download have auto-resume capability if internet fails?

Hi All,

I plan to get a new Win8.1 laptop soon (I would rather get one with Win10 but they're not yet available here in India). My plan is soon after I get the Win 8.1 laptop to download and install Win10. Here in India the 3G cellular internet is slow and unreliable. I'm scared that if I try to download Win10 it will fail and I'll have to start the download from the beginning.

Someone told me that the Win10 download includes the ability to auto-resume so that if a download fails it can re-start from where it left off once the internet comes back. Is that true? I need to get confirmation on this before I get my new Win8.1 laptop.

If Win10 download really does have auto-resume capability then I can do the Win10 download and resume as needed if the download fails. without losing data.

Please confirm that Win10 download has auto-resume capability so downloaded data is not lost. Has anyone directly experienced a Win10 download re-starting from where it left off after losing internet connection?

Thanks,

m3110w, Mar 24, 2019
  3. m3110w Win User
    Win10 download auto-resume if connection fails?

Hi All, I just called Microsoft India and they said if I use the Window 10 Upgrade System Tray Icon to do the download then it will auto-resume with no data loss if the internet connection fails. She said if I try to download Win 10 Upgrade some other way then it does not have auto-resume and I'll lose the data and have to start over.

Just wondering if anyone can confirm this? Thanks!

I have 3G cellular internet here in India. It is unreliable and slow and often drops out. So auto-resume is an absolute necessity if I want to successfully upgrade to Win10.

m3110w, Mar 24, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

Windows 10 fails to resume from hibernation

Hello,

Failing to resume from Hibernate in Windows 10 may be caused by an outdated driver or operating system component or that an application is causing the resume from Hibernate to fail. For us to isolate the issue in failing to resume from Hibernate, kindly
    respond to the questions below:

• Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to the issue? If yes, what are they?
    • Are there any third-party applications installed on your device?
    • Have you checked if Windows 10 is updated? Go to Settings >
      Update & security
      > Check for updates.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 intermitant fail to resume - Similar Threads - Win10 intermitant fail

2. Computer intermitantly shuts down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer intermitantly shuts down.: Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-CertificateServicesClient-CertEnroll Date: 2023-03-04 6:41:44 AM Event ID: 86 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: SYSTEM Computer: PC-1 Description: SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for...
  3. question issue with intermitted crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question issue with intermitted crashes: I get intermitted freezes and or crashes when connected to the internet. sometimes when I hit shutdown the computer will not fully shutdown. did a Microsoft safety scan not sure what to make of the results....
  4. Can't pause & resume FH4 download in Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't pause & resume FH4 download in Win10: So, I'm trying to download Forza Horizon 4 using MS store or Xbox, but can't. As I live in a rural area I have an internet with 40GB/day cap, so can't download FH4 in one go. But that wasn't an issue for other game stores as I could just pause the download & resume it. I have...
  5. Win10 PC periodically freezes momentarily, then immediately resumes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 PC periodically freezes momentarily, then immediately resumes: My Windows 10 PC, an Alienware Aurora 9, is fully patched and running fine in every respect but one. Every once in a while typically at least once every couple of minutes, the action in any of my 3D games freezes similar to a lag spike, but Internet connect has been verified...
  6. Win10 PC periodically freezes momentarily, then immediately resumes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 PC periodically freezes momentarily, then immediately resumes: My Windows 10 PC -- a gaming rig -- is fully patched and running fine in every respect, but one. Every once in a while typically at least once every couple of minutes, the action in any of my games freezes similar to a lag spike, but Internet connect has been verified as...
  7. Win10 big update auto resume if internet drops?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 big update auto resume if internet drops?: Hi, I'm running Win10 Home on an i5 5th gen laptop. I'm trying to download the big new Win10 update but I live in India and my internet is unreliable. Does the Win10 download auto-resume? I can't tell. Does the download pick up from where it left off if the internet fails? So...
  8. Intermitant BSOD Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermitant BSOD Issue: Hello everyone, First time poster here. My PC is a custom built desktop running Windows 10 x64. Running a slight overclock, but the issues occur weather at stock or not. My PC was stable for a very long time, but recently has been BSOD every few days. I did...
  9. Win10 download auto-resume if connection fails?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 download auto-resume if connection fails?: Hi All, I just called Microsoft India and they said if I use the Window 10 Upgrade System Tray Icon to do the download then it will auto-resume with no data loss if the internet connection fails. She said if I try to download Win 10 Upgrade some other way then it does not...
  10. Win10 download have auto-resume capability if internet fails?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 download have auto-resume capability if internet fails?: Hi All, I plan to get a new Win8.1 laptop soon (I would rather get one with Win10 but they're not yet available here in India). My plan is soon after I get the Win 8.1 laptop to download and install Win10. Here in India the 3G cellular internet is slow and unreliable. I'm...