Windows 10: Win10 isn't activated after my hardware upgrade

Discus and support Win10 isn't activated after my hardware upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've gone through a hardware upgrade replacing my motherboard, CPU and RAM. This caused Windows to have trouble recognizing my license.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Georgy Larkin, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Win10 isn't activated after my hardware upgrade

Hi everyone,

I've gone through a hardware upgrade replacing my motherboard, CPU and RAM. This caused Windows to have trouble recognizing my license.

I've used the troubleshoot assistant, but it couldn't help me out.

My error code from the assistant: 0xC0EA000A

I'm running Win10 Pro.

:)

Georgy Larkin, Apr 13, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Activation after Hardware upgrade win10

Hi

I plan to upgrade my SSD from a128G to a 1T

I believe win10 is activated against some kind of a hash of the product key obtained using a signature hardware config.

Would It be possibleto activate windows after the upgrade??

Regards

SJ

ShinuJohn1989, Apr 13, 2019
  4. red454 Win User

Win10 isn't activated after my hardware upgrade

Activation after new hardware upgrades?

Right - my point was to see what would happen if I tried the OS from one system on a totally different motherboard, and it went better than I expected, other than the activation - which I expected. I did chat with a Microsoft rep today online and he confirmed that after the hardware upgrade on a free Win10 upgrade that they (Mircosoft) will have to remote access my system to verify the proper key, etc. before they can reactivate it.

red454, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Win10 isn't activated after my hardware upgrade

1. Win10 isn't activated after my hardware upgrade - Similar Threads - Win10 isn't activated

2. Win10 Hardware Upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Hardware Upgrade: I intend to upgrade my pc and I am worried that my drive will be hardlocked due to it. I intend to upgrade the motherboard, CPU, GPU, PSU, and RAM. My upgrade will be AMD to AMD rather than Intel to AMD or vice versa. I currently do not have an active version of Windows and...
  3. Activating after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating after hardware upgrade: I know NOW that i should have linked my license to my Microsoft account and gotten a product key. I didn't know that before I changed my motherboard, cpu and memory. My question is, if I now change back to my old hardware, will Windows be activated again and can I then do...
  4. Windows will not activate after hardware upgrades

Windows will not activate after hardware upgrades: I recently upgraded the hardware in my computer (motherboard, CPU, RAM). Windows will not activate now. The error code I have is, 0xC004F025 I've tried everything from this KBA, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change It...
  5. Activation after hardware upgrade

Activation after hardware upgrade: I upgraded my MB, cpu and ram and am unable to activate windows 10. I linked my windows licence to my Microsoft account before my upgrade but it will not let me activate. I've tried trouble shooting activation (clicking on changed hardware) and customer support, but they...
  6. Reinstalling Win10 after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Win10 after hardware upgrade: I will be upgrading my PC with all new hardware and will have to reinstall Win10 in the process. I have Windows ready to install from a USB drive, and I just want to be sure that my personal (as opposed to my work) account is what I will need to activate Windows once it is...
  7. Can't activate new hardware replacing activated, upgraded win10

Can't activate new hardware replacing activated, upgraded win10: My retail Win 8 pro went through upgrades to 8.1 and 10, and is/was fully activated and attached to my MS account. Changing the hardware, I can't reactivate, getting error c004c003. On using slui, and calling, I'm told I cannot activate the current product key -- that is...
  8. Activation win10 after hardware change

Activation win10 after hardware change: Hello everyone, I've recetly change some of my hardware (motherboard, CPU and RAM) and when i started pc i could not active windows again. Error code that i have is 0xC004C003. On my previus computer was (before hardware upgrade) OEM and now it is something else. I can...
  9. Windows Activation after hardware upgrade

Windows Activation after hardware upgrade: We have a laptop Manufacturer: LENOVO Model: 20C600HHZA Serial Number: PF040HX3 that currently running Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.10586 that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10. We need to replace the harddrive, is it possible to activate it again on...
  10. Activation after hardware upgrade

Activation after hardware upgrade: Just a quick question please, is there any way of reactivating a digital entitlement license obtained by upgrading from Win7 for free, on upgraded hardware, without having to link a MS account? Privacy issues and all that...I know phone activation worked for me with Win7 once...