Windows 10: Win10 just a little bit laggy

Discus and support Win10 just a little bit laggy in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Win 10 on my laptop is just a *little* bit laggy. It takes just a half-second too long for explorer windows to open up, for control panel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by countchocula, May 9, 2019.

1. Win10 just a little bit laggy

Hi all,

Win 10 on my laptop is just a *little* bit laggy. It takes just a half-second too long for explorer windows to open up, for control panel windows to populate, etc. It's slow enough to be annoying - and I know it can be snappier (it is when everything is disabled) - but i'm not sure what the root of the problem is. (It's not ram, hdd swapping, etc, and nothing is chewing up CPU or disk access). I could disable everything and then slowly turn things on one by one, but I'm wondering if there's a faster way to narrow down the issue - common culprits I could try first, etc, before diving deep. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Alex

Win 10 Pro 10.0.17763
    Dell Precision m5510, 24 GB ram

:)

countchocula, May 9, 2019
  2. Wade_Rain Win User

Sound laggy after Win10 upgrade

I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and everything is fine but the sound is laggy and has a metallic ting to it. It didn't do it on Win7.

and its everything from simple computer noises to music and videos. My sound card is on the motherboard, I uninstalled the driver, reinstalled it. Tried to update it and tried using different sound drivers. Nothing changes. I also tried changing the bit
    rate for 16 to 24, it helped a little but not much.

I always have music playing on this computer and would like to get it fix, the sound is just unusable now.

Wade_Rain, May 9, 2019
  3. Win User
    Laggy UI

Solar, the Microsoft employee in this thread said "Clicking the clock located at the lower-right corner of the desktop
    is designed to have a little bit delay." You see? It's laggy software by design!

4. Win10 just a little bit laggy

slow and laggy performance

windows 10 is little bit laggy and slow why please tell me

is intel hd graphics good

is K7 total security intivirus good

thank you

parikshit singhVD, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Win10 just a little bit laggy

1. Win10 just a little bit laggy - Similar Threads - Win10 little bit

2. make a little bit fast

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    make a little bit fast: I know and accept that my computer is not compatible with Windows 11. I just want to make it a little bit faster. This is only 2 and half years old and this PC is up to date. However, when I try to browser or do something it will load slower. This is just for home use and Im...
  3. make a little bit fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    make a little bit fast: I know and accept that my computer is not compatible with Windows 11. I just want to make it a little bit faster. This is only 2 and half years old and this PC is up to date. However, when I try to browser or do something it will load slower. This is just for home use and Im...
  4. make a little bit fast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A little bit of curiosity on installing Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A little bit of curiosity on installing Windows: Hey there, Speed here.I was wondering if I could install Windows on a tablet using an installation media on a PC connected to the tablet.Is it possible to install Windows to the tablet using the PC with the installation media and then go to OOBE on the tablet?My installation...
  6. A little bit of curiosity on installing Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A little bit of curiosity on installing Windows: Hey there, Speed here.I was wondering if I could install Windows on a tablet using an installation media on a PC connected to the tablet.Is it possible to install Windows to the tablet using the PC with the installation media and then go to OOBE on the tablet?My installation...
  7. A little bit problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A little bit problem.: Hi, I have a problem with my pc, I don't use it for a few minutes, around 15-20 minutes, the screen shows me a blue screen, after a few mouse clicks it returns to its settings I have disabled the sleep and shutdown mode options automatic. Can you help me with this issue,...
  8. Wouldn't a SSD improve minecraft performance just a little bit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wouldn't a SSD improve minecraft performance just a little bit?: I am aware i asked this many times, but if i do eventually buy a ssd, would it atleast give me a slight fps boost? I've come to know that when minecraft is rendering a 16x16 chunk, it is also writing that chunk into the world gen files, and with my slow hdd it can cause...
  9. Win10 just a little bit laggy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 just a little bit laggy: Hi all, Win 10 on my laptop is just a *little* bit laggy. It takes just a half-second too long for explorer windows to open up, for control panel windows to populate, etc. It's slow enough to be annoying - and I know it can be snappier (it is when everything is disabled) -...
  10. Windows 10 is a bit laggy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is a bit laggy: [First of all,I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section,and I'm sorry if my english is bad too] Hi there ! I just did a clean installation of Windows 10 , I installed the latest drivers and the necessary software ( like Java ) , windows runs perfectly well as he...