Windows 10: Win10 keeps turning on from hybernate by itself

Discus and support Win10 keeps turning on from hybernate by itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, how can i prevent my win10 laptop to turn on from hybernate by itself ? My wake on WiFi is disabled. Regards, Frank 45077 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Frank1000, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Frank1000 Win User

Win10 keeps turning on from hybernate by itself

Hi,
    how can i prevent my win10 laptop to turn on from hybernate by itself ?
    My wake on WiFi is disabled.

Regards,
    Frank

:)

Frank1000, Mar 23, 2016
  2. Frank1100 Win User

How to prevent Win10 from turning on by itself ?

Hi,

how can i prevent my win10 laptop to turn on from hybernate by itself ?

My wake on WiFi is disabled.

Win10 keeps turning on from hybernate by itself [​IMG]

The lastwake shows nothing that helps to know why its starting

I had opened up a discussion before here Win10 keeps turning on from hybernate by itself - Windows 10 Forums

Regards,

Frank

Frank1100, Mar 23, 2016
  3. Frank1100 Win User
    How to prevent Win10 from turning on by itself ?

ok thx, will try that. Was hoping though the Microsoft Support Engineers could pull the solution for sure out of their respective employment.

Frank1100, Mar 23, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

One posibility is something has been set to run automatically at a set time...

You can see what started it up if it was hardware by using

running command prompt as administrator and typing

powercfg -lastwake

This command will show what's set to be allowed to wake the laptop.

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

Wullail, Mar 23, 2016
  5. Does this happen every time you hibernate?
    Is there any pattern to the waking up?

I can't offer any suggestions of explanations. I'm looking for any explanation, too, because it started happening to me recently. From sleep rather than hibernation, but I suspect that doesn't matter. It has happened only 4 or 5 times for me and always withing 15 seconds or so after putting my PC to sleep. And I know my situation has nothing to do with Windows 10 because the first occurrence was a couple weeks before I upgraded.

I suspect a hardware problem. powercfg -devicequery wake_armed shows only my mouse and keyboard. Each time the PC stay asleep just long enough for me to get up and step away from the mouse and keyboard so I know I touched neither of the.

If this situation is too different from yours I'll back off. I have no intention to hijack the thread.

pokeefe0001, Mar 24, 2016
  6. RknRusty Win User
    My old Win7 computer used to wake up after random periods of time. It turned out to be the Logitech laser mouse. Believe it or not, I fixed it by switching to a new mouse pad. It was black, whether or not that was a factor, I don't know. Hope you get lucky and it's as simple as that.
    Rusty

RknRusty, Mar 24, 2016
  7. Frank1000 Win User
    Hi & Thx for info,
    My laptosh woke up 2 times yesterday again, here is the cmd screenshot. Is it telling something that helps me out ?:

Frank1000, Mar 24, 2016
  8. Win10 keeps turning on from hybernate by itself

I think it's telling you that nothing woke up your laptop. I suspect you might disagree. There are event log entries associated with Windows returning to full power mode. Maybe they will provide more information.

pokeefe0001, Mar 24, 2016
  9. Wullail Win User
    If I'm reading that correctly , it's saying no hardware was involved with waking up your laptop , but that the laptop woke once.

It must be a software issue.

Wullail, Mar 25, 2016
  10. Frank1000 Win User
    thx for replies.
    Regarding software wake up, i at least wouldn't receive any dialog box report or such for system wake up reason, so it just happens silently.
    The event viewer resolves in event ids for which again one needs a chunk more sys admin capabilities than i can put up.

Frank1000, Mar 26, 2016
  11. Frank1000 Win User
    Any other idea around, how to get my laptop from turning on every night ?

Frank1000, Apr 12, 2016
  12. As mentioned earlier in this thread, it looks like your laptop reports it is waking up for no reason. I don't know how others on this forum feel, but I think that's probably worth reporting to Microsoft. I have no idea if that will do any good (or even how to do it), but this sure looks like a bug.

pokeefe0001, Apr 12, 2016
  13. badrobot Win User

Auto updates are probably waking up your PC which is triggered by network adapters.

Try going to Device Manager>>> expand Network Adapters >>> right-click on the network device listed >>> Properties.
    On the next window, go to Power Management tab and UNcheck "Allow this device to wake the computer".
    No guarantee but worth a try because it solved my problem (desktop on hibernate waking up at 2am every update).

badrobot, Apr 12, 2016
  14. Wouldn't the powercfg display show that?

pokeefe0001, Apr 12, 2016
  15. Frank1000 Win User
    yes i had turned it off before

will send a bug report & help me out request to microsoft

Frank1000, Apr 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Win10 keeps turning on from hybernate by itself - Similar Threads - Win10 keeps turning

2. why does my win10 computer keep turning itself on?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why does my win10 computer keep turning itself on?: My computer turns itself on every night.I turn it off in the evening, but it turns itself back on during the night.I've gone through the power options in the control panel, fast startup has been turned off, allow wake timers setting have been disabled, I have unchecked the...
  3. why does my win10 computer keep turning itself on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my win10 computer keep turning itself on?: My computer turns itself on every night.I turn it off in the evening, but it turns itself back on during the night.I've gone through the power options in the control panel, fast startup has been turned off, allow wake timers setting have been disabled, I have unchecked the...
  4. why does my win10 computer keep turning itself on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.

My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.: I have followed the steps suggested by others regarding why my computer keeps turning itself back on after I turn it of...and have had no success in making it stop. Anything else I can try? The only way I can keep it off is to push the power button which sometimes causes...
  6. Screensaver keeps turning itself off.

Screensaver keeps turning itself off.: I don't like having to turn off my monitor. My screensaver is turning off for some reason. Can I get some help? Windows version 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.959 160954
  7. Hotstop keeps turning itself off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotstop keeps turning itself off: Hello, i have an add-in network card that provides Bluetooth and Wi-Fi broadcasting to my desktop PC. My problem is that the hotstop keeps turning itself off, plus i found no way to turn it on automatically whenever i log into my PC AND no way to keep it on permanently. I'm...
  8. Hybernate that turns to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Hybernate that turns to sleep: I've configured my laptop to hybernate when I push power button when it's on. So it does. But randomly it turns itself on and goes into sleep mode. I might be out whole day and I don't know for how long it was in the sleep mode (basically on). Why does it decide what to do?...
  9. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...
  10. Laptop keeps turning on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop keeps turning on by itself: I have a toshiba satellite c55d, and ever since I upgraded to windows 10 my laptop keeps turning on by itself every 3-4 hours whenever I close to lid for it to go to sleep mode. I checked everything and everything came out fine. My bios setting was correct as well. Only thing...