Windows 10: Win10 Kernel Crash

Discus and support Win10 Kernel Crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,I have a user-mode C++ app that reliably hangs/crashes my machine after several hours.It used to just hang, requiring a power off.After upgrading to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bengt-Olaf, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Win10 Kernel Crash

Hi,I have a user-mode C++ app that reliably hangs/crashes my machine after several hours.It used to just hang, requiring a power off.After upgrading to Visual Studio 2022, it actually crashes the machine and leaves a memory.dmp.Unfortunately, the info displayed by WinDbg means very little to me.I would appreciate any pointers to what causes this crash and how to fix this.Thanks in advance, Bengt-Olaf.Location of my zipped memory.dmp:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkjGEwEXFwUlkm_8pWLQ9n2ejaS7?e=GyWEnWBelow is what WinDbg produced:Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22473.1005 AMD64Copyright c

:)

Bengt-Olaf, Nov 26, 2021

2. Regular crashes, Win10, always DirectX kernel fault

Hi there--

I am running Win10 have been receiving regular crashes on my machine. BlueScreenView always shows the culprit to be a DirectX kernel crash:

dxgkrnl.sys

dxgmms1.sys

nvlddmkm.sys

dxdiag says I'm running DirectX11.2. Support doc's say that 11.2 was for 8.1 and 11.3&12 is for Win10.

Is this in itself a smoking gun?

If not, please read on. I've changed the graphics card (now running GT730). Crash. Downloaded the original Win10 driver for the card. Crash. Changed the microprocessor (was running a Q9450 and replaced it with a Q9400). Crash.

Any opinions for my next step? Motherboard and OS is all I have left!

Thanks much,

Steve

solidwalnut, Nov 26, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 26, 2021
  4. Win10 Kernel Crash

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Nov 26, 2021
Thema:

Win10 Kernel Crash

1. Win10 Kernel Crash - Similar Threads - Win10 Kernel Crash

2. Win10 Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Crash: Hello!I was playing Rimworld via Steam two nights ago when my computer BSOD'd, not just once but over and over, but seldom with the same message twice in a row. Over the course of several boot cycles as it attempted to restart I saw "Critical Process Died", "Kmode Exception...
  3. Win10 Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Crash: Hello!I was playing Rimworld via Steam two nights ago when my computer BSOD'd, not just once but over and over, but seldom with the same message twice in a row. Over the course of several boot cycles as it attempted to restart I saw "Critical Process Died", "Kmode Exception...
  4. Win10 Kernel Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Kernel Crash: Hi,I have a user-mode C++ app that reliably hangs/crashes my machine after several hours.It used to just hang, requiring a power off.After upgrading to Visual Studio 2022, it actually crashes the machine and leaves a memory.dmp.Unfortunately, the info displayed by WinDbg...
  5. Win10 Kernel Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Kernel Crash: Hi,I have a user-mode C++ app that reliably hangs/crashes my machine after several hours.It used to just hang, requiring a power off.After upgrading to Visual Studio 2022, it actually crashes the machine and leaves a memory.dmp.Unfortunately, the info displayed by WinDbg...
  6. WIN10 Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN10 Kernel-Power: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>8</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task>...
  7. Win10 crash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 crash: Microsoft crash Hallo ich brauch hilfe Mein window 10 ist beim update gecrasht ging nichts mehr. Konnte nicht mal mehr starten nur in dem zwischen menü rumspielen nicht mal der abgesicherte modus wurde gestartet, System zurück setzten ging, half aber nichts Ich konnte via cd...
  8. kernel power crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kernel power crash: been having this problem for about a week. ever since i updated windows and a game i play, it crashed on a black screen every time the game would start. tried to play other games and it will do the same thing. i checked the event log and got "kernel power error 41"i updated...
  9. Kernel crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kernel crash: Greetings, My laptop has been fatally crashing for some time now, to the point that I don’t know what else to do. I’ve tried everything, even installing a new Windows 10, but I still get the crash, which makes me wonder if it’s hardware related.. it should be noted that...
  10. Kernel Crash

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Kernel Crash: Hello I was wondering if someone can help me. I work as engineer in a small office and I keep getting a wired kernel crash that I can't narrow down while using an application called DaVinci Resolve. I was wondering if someone can help me understand win10 Logs. ?? I'm...