Windows 10: WIN10 keyboard input does not work; Microsoft office 2010 keyboard input does work.

Discus and support WIN10 keyboard input does not work; Microsoft office 2010 keyboard input does work. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After WIN10 boot, Cortina, CMD window, and Windows Setup search will not take local or remote keyboard input. However Microsoft Office 2010 apps do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AbigailHudson, Jan 1, 2021.

1. WIN10 keyboard input does not work; Microsoft office 2010 keyboard input does work.

After WIN10 boot, Cortina, CMD window, and Windows Setup search will not take local or remote keyboard input. However Microsoft Office 2010 apps do take both local and remote keyboard input. Any suggestions?

:)

AbigailHudson, Jan 1, 2021

2. Help with the keyboard input

Dear TenForums members,

I have had this problem since I thought I had solved the chinese input. But, it turned out to be available for a few hours and then the IME is unavailable until next sign in.

In brief, to get the chinese input back, it need to sign out and sign in back and it will going to happen again continually.

Please tell me how to fix this.

Thank you.

WIN10 keyboard input does not work; Microsoft office 2010 keyboard input does work. [​IMG]

*Picture above shows when it's unavailable.

WIN10 keyboard input does not work; Microsoft office 2010 keyboard input does work. [​IMG]

*Picture above shows the language input setting

Steps that don't worked for me:
    - Alt + Shift
    - Win + Space
    - Setting the Chinese language as default language (worked for a while)

unidentified, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

WIN10 keyboard input does not work; Microsoft office 2010 keyboard input does work.

keyboard override for default input method not working...

I've had the same issue. This does not sound logical, I know, but selecting a single option in Advanced keyboard settings resolved it for me:

There really is no logic in this, but after ticking that one selection box, my default keyboard has always remained as I'd prefer.

Kari, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

WIN10 keyboard input does not work; Microsoft office 2010 keyboard input does work.

1. WIN10 keyboard input does not work; Microsoft office 2010 keyboard input does work. - Similar Threads - WIN10 keyboard input

2. First keyboard inputs not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    First keyboard inputs not working: Every time I leave my keyboard for a couple of seconds, the next first couple of inputs don't work, it takes 2 seconds for the keyboard to start working normally. When I'm in the flow of typing, it works fine, but as soon as I stop typing for a few seconds, it happens again....
  3. Keyboard input not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input not working: My keyboard and mouse have been working fine, except when I unplugged my keyboard to clean it and re plugged it, my computer didn’t take any inputs from it. I verified the keyboard works by plugging it into a laptop and tried all the usb ports on my PC. The weird thing is...
  4. Keyboard input not working

Keyboard input not working: My keyboard and mouse have been working fine, except when I unplugged my keyboard to clean it and re plugged it, my computer didn’t take any inputs from it. I verified the keyboard works by plugging it into a laptop and tried all the usb ports on my PC. The weird thing is...
  5. Keyboard input not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Initial keyboard inputs not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Initial keyboard inputs not working: Every time I leave my keyboard with no input for ~5-10 seconds, there appears to be about a second where no keys register. E.g. typing Microsoft into the search bar, only "crosoft" entered into my search bar. Another E.g. when I click the caps lock, the little light wont come...
  7. Initial keyboard inputs not working

Initial keyboard inputs not working: Every time I leave my keyboard with no input for ~5-10 seconds, there appears to be about a second where no keys register. E.g. typing Microsoft into the search bar, only "crosoft" entered into my search bar. Another E.g. when I click the caps lock, the little light wont come...
  8. Virtual Keyboard does not produce input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Keyboard does not produce input: My physical keyboard is not producing input in Windows 10, so I used my mouse to click through and pull up the virtual keyboard. I tried inputting into Word, Cortana, and settings, but no text appears.I am trying to connect to the internet, and not only can I not produce...
  9. Virtual Keyboard does not produce input

Virtual Keyboard does not produce input: My physical keyboard is not producing input in Windows 10, so I used my mouse to click through and pull up the virtual keyboard. I tried inputting into Word, Cortana, and settings, but no text appears.I am trying to connect to the internet, and not only can I not produce...
  10. Keyboard and mouse inputs not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse inputs not working: Hey guys. Recently, my PC has stopped taking inputs from my keyboard in mouse. They work on the boot screen, but nothing past that. I’ve tried multiple mice and keyboards, to no avail. Is there anything I can do to fix this?Windows 10 HomeHP Pavilion Gaming PC...