Windows 10: Win10 laptop audio only works with Airpods!

Discus and support Win10 laptop audio only works with Airpods! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Everything was working fine with my Win10 Toshiba satellite pro audio until I connected my daughter's apple Airpods. Her batteries were low so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Biggurs, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Biggurs Win User

Win10 laptop audio only works with Airpods!

Hi

Everything was working fine with my Win10 Toshiba satellite pro audio until I connected my daughter's apple Airpods.

Her batteries were low so I tried to connect my normal headphones but didn't work. I tried without any headphones and still no audio.

I double checked all settings.. disconnected Bluetooth and still no audio.. but strangely enough the audio ONLY WORKS WITH AIRPODS now!

Everything was fine until they were connected !

I've tried other websites such as youtube and still no audio... only though Airpods and no other headphones even when the Bluetooth is disconnected and no audio through the speakers.

Can someone please please help me out

:)

Biggurs, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

AirPods paired but won't connect.

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand, Human Interface Devices.
    3. Look for AirPods Audio/Video Remote Control HID and
      AirPods Hands-Free Call Control HID, right click on each entry and select
      Properties.
    4. Go to the Power Management Tab, clear the checkbox for
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    5. Also, repeat step 4 for Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID.
    6. Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Airpods not playing ALL PC audio

Hi everyone,

I have a specific issue about certain sound sources not playing through bluetooth-connected Airpods. This problem is occurring on an HP laptop that runs Windows 10. The issue is that audio from Spotify and Youtube plays through my Airpods, however audio
    from a Zoom meeting does not and continues to play out of my laptop's speakers, even when, for example, Spotify is playing through my Airpods simultaneously.

In the Bluetooth devices settings page, under the Audio section, it says my Airpods are 'Connected voice, music". I believe the "music" part of that is why sound from Spotify and Youtube will play through the Airpods but not audio from Zoom, for example.
    I want ALL sound from my PC to go through my Airpods. Any ideas how to fix this? I do not own another set of bluetooth headphones.

I have tried going into the Advanced audio settings page titled "App volume and device preferences", under which I can specify which apps go through which audio output. Even when I changed Zoom's setting to go through my Airpods, the Zoom audio was not routed
    to my Airpods and continued to play through the laptop's speakers.

Thank you in advance.

JackKelly7, Jan 30, 2021
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Problem with audio playing through Apple Airpods

I found this on the CNet website in less than 2 minutes with a search engine (GoogleWin10 laptop audio only works with Airpods! :)

Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Add Bluetooth or other device.

In the Add a device window, click Bluetooth.

Put your AirPods in their case and open the lid. Press and hold the button on the back of the case until you see the status light between your two AirPods start pulsing white, and then let go. Your AirPods should show up in the Add a device window. Click to
    pair and connect.

After making the initial connection , you'll be able to reconnect your AirPods and your PC by returning to the Bluetooth & other devices page in Settings. You'll see all of your paired audio devices listed under the Audio header. Select your AirPods from
    the list and click the Connect button.

BulldogXX, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Win10 laptop audio only works with Airpods! - Similar Threads - Win10 laptop audio

2. Airpods Max detected as only Audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods Max detected as only Audio device: I am using Airpods Max and Im trying to use them as a headset. Iam using a Razer blade 18 laptop. The headphones are detected as a audio device. in settings when I clicked on bluetooth devices it says "Connected audio". When I connect the headphones to a different laptop it...
  3. Airpods Max detected as only Audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airpods Max detected as only Audio device: I am using Airpods Max and Im trying to use them as a headset. Iam using a Razer blade 18 laptop. The headphones are detected as a audio device. in settings when I clicked on bluetooth devices it says "Connected audio". When I connect the headphones to a different laptop it...
  4. Airpods are not working on pc video or audio calls

Airpods are not working on pc video or audio calls: Hello! Can you please tell me when I connect my airpods to my computer I hear everything but when I want to attend a Zoom meeting or any Video call I can't hear and My mic also does not work. I tried to set up the microphone on the Control panel but there was no sound. I also...
  5. Windows 10 laptop audio only works with Airpods

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 laptop audio only works with Airpods: Hi, I checked all the settings, disconnected the Bluetooth and still no audio but funnily enough, the audio ONLY WORKS WITH AIRPODS now! Everything was fine until they connected! Tried other websites like youtube and still no audio with only Airpods and no other headphones...
  6. Windows 10 laptop audio only works with Airpods

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop audio only works with Airpods: Hi, I checked all the settings, disconnected the Bluetooth and still no audio but funnily enough, the audio ONLY WORKS WITH AIRPODS now! Everything was fine until they connected! Tried other websites like youtube and still no audio with only Airpods and no other headphones...
  7. Windows 10 laptop audio only works with Airpods

8. Airpod Flickering Audio

Airpod Flickering Audio: I've been having an issue since the last Windows update that causes my audio to rapidly flicker back and forth between Speakers, my Airpod Stereo Audio, and Airpod AG Audio. If I revert back to the last update, it fixes my audio, but I would like a more long term solution...
  9. Airpod's audio problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Airpod's audio problem: Hello! I have this problem with my AirPods that I recently found out about a week ago and it's still happening. My audio is very bad and is in extremely low quality. There's a pausing every 2 seconds with a crackly, annoying sound sounds like a microphone underwater or in the...
  10. Bluetooth airpods will only play hands-free audio, stereo audio does not work

Bluetooth airpods will only play hands-free audio, stereo audio does not work: I've been trying to get my bluetooth airpods to play stereo audio for awhile now but no matter what I've tried nothing seems to work. I've done everything you can imagine with the drivers, I did a system restore, I tried to set the audio as default etc. I not sure what else...