Windows 10: Win10 laptop does not see computers on LAN, but WAN & Internet is OK

Discus and support Win10 laptop does not see computers on LAN, but WAN & Internet is OK in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an Asus X53 laptop that I upgraded to Win10 early in the year - fresh install. Everything was OK for quite a while until MS downloaded some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by schmidklaus, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Win10 laptop does not see computers on LAN, but WAN & Internet is OK

I have an Asus X53 laptop that I upgraded to Win10 early in the year - fresh install. Everything was OK for quite a while until MS downloaded some Win10 updates. Now the laptop is OK on the internet and accesses anything on the WAN. However, it will not access the LAN. None of my other computers show up in Network and I can't map drives. I cannot ping to or from the laptop to the LAN, but I can ping sites on the WAN just fine. I have tried everything I could find on the wb, including uninstalling the NIC and reinstalling it with the latest Qualcomm drivers - all to no avail. The attachment shows everything I've tried. Any ideas?

:)

schmidklaus, Dec 8, 2020

2. Internet/LAN/WAN Services Are Not Working!

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

We understand that, Internet/LAN/WAN services are not working on your system and we are glad to assist you to fix the issue.

• Which applications did you use to use the Wi-Fi?

Please follow these steps below, to resolve the issue:

Network troubleshooter:

Open the Network Adapter troubleshooter by typing troubleshooting in the search box, and then tapping or clicking Troubleshooting. Tap or click Network and Internet, tap or click Network Adapter, and follow the instructions on your screen.

I suggest you to remove the same applications and re-install the Wi-Fi drivers and check, if the issue persists.

Uninstall and Reinstall the Wi-Fi
    Network Card Drivers.

Step 1:

Uninstall the Wi-Fi
    Network Adapter Drivers:

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Wi-Fi
      Network Adapter from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation Window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer, if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest
    Wi-Fi drivers and check, if that resolves the issue.

Step 2:

Go to the Computer or Wi-Fi
    Network Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Network Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Also, for the RAM and processor not available or showing up on your system, then follow these steps below.

1. Press Windows key + R key.

2. Type msinfo32 in the RUN command Window.

3. Check, information about RAM and processor in the System information Windows.

For more information, let’s try to follow the steps in the Microsoft articles below and check, if it helps:

Fix network connection issues:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Why can't I get online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Ralf_G Win User
    PPPOE WAN internet sharing as wifi hotspot

Not knowing the reason that you've created a software PPPOE connection (direct connection to a modem?) instead of using the Ethernet connection directly but some sort of incompatibility with the Windows hotspot/internet connection sharing services does seem
    to be the issue. Lack of DHCP LAN addressing and/or NAT services could be part of the problem. Your internet connection would have WAN=>PC1 internet addressing but not necessarily PC1<=>PC2(etc) LAN addressing and/or the NAT (network address translation) capabilities
    for WiFi connected computers to pass through your WAN connection.

All of those functions would typically be provided by hardware in either a router or a modem with routing capability. Or by software installed for the same purpose. If you are connecting directly to a modem it might not have LAN routing services at all,
    or possibly if it does have them that facility might be turned off in the modem.

A solution with the least headaches would be to connect an inexpensive router (or wifi router) to your WAN connection and share the internet connection using the DHCP and NAT services that the router provides.

Ralf_G, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Win10 laptop does not see computers on LAN, but WAN & Internet is OK

Lan networking

Hi to everyone, as a ignorant guy on lan networking, I want add a computer with win10 os to an existing lan computers of network have win7 os. Is there anybody who can explain the steps of this process simply?In
    my setup there is a switch and there is no internet connection.

ferhatözel, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Win10 laptop does not see computers on LAN, but WAN & Internet is OK

1. Win10 laptop does not see computers on LAN, but WAN & Internet is OK - Similar Threads - Win10 laptop does

2. Can't click OK button in LAN Settings under Internet Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click OK button in LAN Settings under Internet Options: Hi,I want to change my proxy settings or wanna use automatically detect settings but I cannot even click on OK button in LAN Settings.I did network reset but it does not work.My machine is running on Windows 10 Pro 22H2....
  3. Can't click OK button in LAN Settings under Internet Options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't click OK button in LAN Settings under Internet Options: Hi,I want to change my proxy settings or wanna use automatically detect settings but I cannot even click on OK button in LAN Settings.I did network reset but it does not work.My machine is running on Windows 10 Pro 22H2....
  4. Can't click OK button in LAN Settings under Internet Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Metered Network blocks local LAN traffic. The LAN isn't metered, only the WAN. How to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metered Network blocks local LAN traffic. The LAN isn't metered, only the WAN. How to...: We have 5 computers on LAN, needing to share data, print, and send workstation backups to a NAS.This LAN has a router using 5G Cellular Hotspot as WAN connection.We've told Windows the it's a metered network to avoid downloading Windows Updates and the like.Problem is our...
  6. How To Create A WAN/ LAN Homegroup connection in Windows 10 for 2 laptops & a PC using the...

How To Create A WAN/ LAN Homegroup connection in Windows 10 for 2 laptops & a PC using the...: I have 2 laptops and one pc all running on Windows 10 & using the same TP- Link router for internet connection. The laptops connect using wifi but the pc is connected using the ethernet cable. Now, if it would've been Windows 7 or 8, it would've been easy to create a...
  7. Internet Connection Sharing works but the shared NIC can't see LAN nor LAN can't see the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet Connection Sharing works but the shared NIC can't see LAN nor LAN can't see the...: Windows 10 Home Hi, My PC has Wireless connection to the Internet and LAN thru a router, and it has 2 Ethernet that are free. I connect my NAS to an Ethernet port on my PC and and I share the internet connection with the Ethernet 2, then I can connect from my PC to the NAS...
  8. System Browses LAN but can't see INTERNET

System Browses LAN but can't see INTERNET: Hello, We have five Win 10 systems... All can browse our LAN with no trouble. But one system cannot connect to Internet. I have tried everything I can think of, and have had extended conversations with a pretty senior tech from our Provider (happens to be Comcast.) I...
  9. No wifi. Lan Ok.

No wifi. Lan Ok.: My wifi is gone after the useless upadate. This laptop is useless without wifi. Cant do my job. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/no-wifi-lan-ok/de61763d-c333-4de1-8aaa-9c081852ab8f
  10. WAN Internet disconnects very frequently

WAN Internet disconnects very frequently: Hello everyone, I have the following problem which is slowly driving me mad: About two months ago I built a new desktop PC from scratch. The relevant specs: Mainboard: MSI B250M Mortar Arctic Processor: Intel i5 7500 Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB GDDR4 Windows...