Windows 10: Win10 - Laptop screen doesn't turn on at boot, but does after closing/reopening laptop.

Discus and support Win10 - Laptop screen doesn't turn on at boot, but does after closing/reopening laptop. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop that I recently re-installed Windows 10 onto. I have an issue that when I turn on the laptop, the screen does not turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BigAT, Sep 26, 2020.

1. BigAT Win User

Win10 - Laptop screen doesn't turn on at boot, but does after closing/reopening laptop.

I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop that I recently re-installed Windows 10 onto. I have an issue that when I turn on the laptop, the screen does not turn on at all and just stays black.

Hitting keys doesn't do anything, neither does hitting the power button or clicking on the trackpad. However, if I close my laptop, let it suspend itself and then open it back on, the login screen to Windows does finally display itself.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? Thank you.

:)

BigAT, Sep 26, 2020

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Sep 26, 2020
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    How to disable a laptop screen?

Closing it got rid of the laptop's display from being shown in the "Screen Resolution" list, so now it's just the two externals...but it still is saying Unable to Save Display Settings.

OrbitzXT, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Virus-j Win User

Win10 - Laptop screen doesn't turn on at boot, but does after closing/reopening laptop.

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 - Laptop screen doesn't turn on at boot, but does after closing/reopening laptop. - Similar Threads - Win10 Laptop screen

2. Laptop screen is black after closing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen is black after closing it: Every time I close my laptop without putting it to sleep first, or if it is left alone for too long either way, the screen is black but the light and fan are on. I then have to restart it for it to work again. I have a brand new SGIN laptop on windows 11. I first noticed this...
  3. Laptop screen is black after closing it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen is black after closing it: Every time I close my laptop without putting it to sleep first, or if it is left alone for too long either way, the screen is black but the light and fan are on. I then have to restart it for it to work again. I have a brand new SGIN laptop on windows 11. I first noticed this...
  4. Win10 Laptop crashes after closing lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Laptop crashes after closing lid: Hi,I am using Windows 10 on Acer Swift SF314-43 AMD Ryzen 5, RadeonI had encountered this persistent error whenever I close my lid to sleep.It either crashes/freezes or displays BSOD.These are my recent activities before this happened:Installed Easy Driver UpdaterInstalled...
  5. After closing and reopening my laptop the sound stops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After closing and reopening my laptop the sound stops: So recently I noticed my mic wasnt working anymore, so I deleted and reinstalled my Realtek High Definition Driver. After that my mic worked perfectly fine. But when I closed and reopened my laptop the sound doesnt work (even with headphones). I just do the troubleshooting...
  6. There is no sound after I close and reopen my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There is no sound after I close and reopen my laptop: The sound also suddenly goes away after I close an application that was using sound. After that, I either have to plug in some earbuds, use my Bluetooth speaker/headphones, or restart my computer for the sound to start working again....
  7. 2-IN-1 laptop does not boot/light up/resume after closing and reopening the laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    2-IN-1 laptop does not boot/light up/resume after closing and reopening the laptop: Hi, My computer is an Asus Q524U IR Camera version, the problem is that almost a year ago windows hello was not working, I did not mind at the time and I had not fixed it since. My computer was working flawlelesly well, with no other issue since then. Today, I had some...
  8. Laptop does not turn on the screen after sleep mode

Laptop does not turn on the screen after sleep mode: Hi, my name is Andres Morales, and I have a laptop of MSI called GL62M 7REX. Which have an Intel I5 of 7th generation, Nvidia GTX1050 TI,... Two days ago I install a new SDD because the laptop only had an HDD of 1TB, and I decided to buy an chinese SSD of 120 GB. Then I...
  9. Laptop doesn't turn on

Laptop doesn't turn on: Hi, I have a laptop acer aspire that doesn't turn on. I replaced the DC Power Jack with a new one since the old one is faulty (checked with a multimeteer) when I press the power button the LED stays on for a few seconds and then goes off and the computer doesn't start,...
  10. WiFi disconnects, must close and reopen laptop to reconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi disconnects, must close and reopen laptop to reconnect: Hey everyone, I'm a college kid who has been having major issues with my laptop, I'm desperate for some help. The problems: My Wifi cuts out at random, and after that my laptop won't reconnect- or connect to any wifi- until I either close the lid, wait for the green...