Windows 10: Win10 Laptop stopped charging the battery. Suggested fixes applied but still not charging

Discus and support Win10 Laptop stopped charging the battery. Suggested fixes applied but still not charging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Win10 Laptop battery stopped charging. This started several weeks ago and everythingI’ve tried hasn’t fix the issue permanently. I’ve searched the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mackenrick, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Win10 Laptop stopped charging the battery. Suggested fixes applied but still not charging

Win10 Laptop battery stopped charging.

This started several weeks ago and everythingI’ve tried hasn’t fix the issue permanently. I’ve searched the internet and tried everything I have found without success. That includes, Troubleshoot Battery NotCharging Issues, Reinstall Power Management software, Reinstall BatteryDriver. The one thing that did worktemporarily, is when I Reinstalled Power Management Software. After rebooting the charging icon can back onthe task bar and “moved” showing that the battery was charging. The battery did indeed charge to 100%. The computer was later turned off for thenight and when it was turned back on the next day, the same issuereturned. The battery will notcharge. When I select the battery chargeicon on the task bar, it shows it as being plugged in but the charging icon isnot moving and the battery does not charge.

This is a Win7 computer that was upgraded to Win 10 but ithas never had any issues charging the battery until just a few weeks ago. Any additional ideas will be greatlyappreciated. Thank you.

:)

Mackenrick, Mar 29, 2021

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Win10 Laptop stopped charging the battery.  Suggested fixes applied but still not charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Win10 Laptop stopped charging the battery.  Suggested fixes applied but still not charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 29, 2021
  4. baskhara Win User

Win10 Laptop stopped charging the battery. Suggested fixes applied but still not charging

Acer battery won't charge

What if the battery unremoveable? Should I disassemble and remove it? also there is a switch underneath the case and around the RAM slot that prevent the laptop to turn on when the case is open and without the charger. Is that the same as removing the battery? although when turned on with charger, the laptop still see the battery. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I took the report, the design capacity was 41.440 mWh but full charge capacity is now 25.752 mWh. Is it that bad? Before this happened I believe HWMonitor also show the same number with 38% Wear Level.
    Here's the report file

baskhara, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Win10 Laptop stopped charging the battery. Suggested fixes applied but still not charging

1. Win10 Laptop stopped charging the battery. Suggested fixes applied but still not charging - Similar Threads - Win10 Laptop stopped

2. battery keeps charging then stopping then charging.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery keeps charging then stopping then charging.: This keeps happening. Everything is fine at first when I plug it in, but then it starts to blink. The laptop keeps stopping the charging only to start again. I know it's not because of the battery or because of heat. The battery is fine, and it keeps happening even when the...
  3. battery keeps charging then stopping then charging.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery keeps charging then stopping then charging.: This keeps happening. Everything is fine at first when I plug it in, but then it starts to blink. The laptop keeps stopping the charging only to start again. I know it's not because of the battery or because of heat. The battery is fine, and it keeps happening even when the...
  4. battery keeps charging then stopping then charging.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Asus laptop battery stopped charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus laptop battery stopped charging: Hello I bought a bran new Asus laptop less than a year ago and now it will only work if i have the power cord connected. The battery never takes a charge suddenly. Is there some kind of setting that might have gotten changed? I cant imagine the internal battery is shot...
  6. Battery stops charging.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery stops charging.: My battery stops charging at 68% and not charging more than that. What will be the issue. I have tried updating the drivers and runs the power troubleshooter, but still not charging more than 68%. Suggest me a solution please. My laptop - HP Omen 15-ce084TX Thanks....
  7. Laptop Battery Stops Charging at 94%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Battery Stops Charging at 94%: Hi there! I had some laptop battery problems here. Hoping that someone can help me. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series with Windows 10, which I bought 3 years ago. It was in the middle of 2019 when I noticed that the battery has issues already. The battery only...
  8. Laptop battery not charging

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop battery not charging: After the recent update KB4532695 my laptop battery has stopped charging. when I connect the directly to the power supply it briefly shows its charging then a few seconds later it stop. now I have to work with the laptop when its constantly connected to the power supply....
  9. Battery stops charging

Battery stops charging: Battery doesn't charge more than 47%, it is plugged in and shows charging sing but it does not exceed 47% even plugged more than 12 hours. I've done the hard reset and still yet nothing happens....
  10. Battery fully charged, but still charging

Battery fully charged, but still charging: My laptop has a battery light which tells me when my laptop is fully charged. When it is fully charged (it is green), Windows still says "05 minutes until fully charged" and then charges for another half hour. In the past the light has been reliable, so I believe that windows...