Windows 10: Win10 license

Discus and support Win10 license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hey, i got a prebuilt pc a year ago and now i want to build my own. if i take the drive with all my things + my win10 license, will it be verified on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kronaz, Mar 9, 2021.

1. kronaz Win User

Win10 license

hey, i got a prebuilt pc a year ago and now i want to build my own. if i take the drive with all my things + my win10 license, will it be verified on the new pc? if not, how do i verify it? will i need to buy a new copy of win10?

:)

kronaz, Mar 9, 2021
  2. wishihad Win User

Activation options for Win10 with instant clones

We have a secure (no internet access) lab environment setup to test and validate a VMWare VDI deployment of Win10 clients.

Our issue is activation of the Win10 clients as they require re-activation every time we logoff and back on because we are using instant clones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Here are the options we are considering and issues as we understand them:

• Setup a KMS server
      • Requires a Volume license, which is doable
      • Documentation says we must have a minimum of 25 hosts, we don' have that in our lab
    • Use our MSDN account
      • No support for Win10 KMS license
      • No support for MKS activation
    • Manually activate each time
      • Gonna spend a lot of time on the phone Win10 license :(
      • Win10 has no grace period so machines are crippled w/o activation
    Anyone have a thought or suggestions? I'm hoping I missed something.

Thanks

wishihad, Mar 9, 2021
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Win10 license

How to transfer Win10 license correctly?

No, you don't need to transfer any licenses.

If you upgrade your Win7 Pro to Win10 it will get a digital license for Win10 Pro in it's own right, based on having a qualifying activated Win7. Although MS have said the free upgrades have ended, quietly behind they scenes they still will be activated.

Use the Media Creation Tool to make an install USB then use Step 6 in this tutorial.

Upgrade to Windows 10

Bree, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Win10 license

1. Win10 license - Similar Threads - Win10 license

2. Unable to transfer license after upgrading to win10. What a scam.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to transfer license after upgrading to win10. What a scam.: I bought a windows 7 license many moons ago and like many people upgrade to win 10 that has been running using fusion on a Mac that’s 13 years old. Only used to run my financial software only because the Mac version is horrible. Decided to finally upgrade computer. When I...
  3. Unable to transfer license after upgrading to win10. What a scam.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to transfer license after upgrading to win10. What a scam.: I bought a windows 7 license many moons ago and like many people upgrade to win 10 that has been running using fusion on a Mac that’s 13 years old. Only used to run my financial software only because the Mac version is horrible. Decided to finally upgrade computer. When I...
  4. Unable to transfer license after upgrading to win10. What a scam.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Updated to Win10 LTSC Eval from 8.1, "License Expired"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updated to Win10 LTSC Eval from 8.1, "License Expired": With most things finally dropping 8,1 support, I've been forced to update to Win10. On updating, however, it said my "Windows license expired" and does the funny auto-shutdown.A legitimate product key from my physical 8.1 disc should still be able to update to Windows 10...
  6. Updated to Win10 LTSC Eval from 8.1, "License Expired"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated to Win10 LTSC Eval from 8.1, "License Expired": With most things finally dropping 8,1 support, I've been forced to update to Win10. On updating, however, it said my "Windows license expired" and does the funny auto-shutdown.A legitimate product key from my physical 8.1 disc should still be able to update to Windows 10...
  7. Updated to Win10 LTSC Eval from 8.1, "License Expired"

8. Forced update Win10 to Win11 stalls at license accept button, makes computer unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced update Win10 to Win11 stalls at license accept button, makes computer unusable: Hello,my computer wants me to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11, but clicking the Accept or Decline button on the License has just the visual effect of the button being clicked, although nothing happens. Wanting to Skip the Windows 11 installation brings me to the license...
  9. Forced update Win10 to Win11 stalls at license accept button, makes computer unusable

Forced update Win10 to Win11 stalls at license accept button, makes computer unusable: Hello,my computer wants me to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11, but clicking the Accept or Decline button on the License has just the visual effect of the button being clicked, although nothing happens. Wanting to Skip the Windows 11 installation brings me to the license...
  10. Forced update Win10 to Win11 stalls at license accept button, makes computer unusable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade