Windows 10: Win10 Local Account does not allow login after creation

Discus and support Win10 Local Account does not allow login after creation in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am creating a local account. The wizard has me set the username, password, and recovery questions. When that user attempts to login it's asking for... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by PeterRozek, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Win10 Local Account does not allow login after creation

I am creating a local account. The wizard has me set the username, password, and recovery questions. When that user attempts to login it's asking for email address and password. I then change the Login Options to Username, but now it wants a PIN, which I have not.

Microsoft seems to have created an impossible combination of login credentials.

:)

PeterRozek, Mar 12, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Creating a local account in Win10 pro

How do I create a local account in Win10 Pro? I've created local accounts on my laptop with Win10 Home by
    • Select ' Accounts'> 'Family & other users'.
    • 'Add someone else to this PC'

and then going through the account creation process, however my Win10 Pro doesn't have the option for Accounts'> 'Family & other users'. and I can't find a way of creating the account.

Oneeasygeezer, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Win10 Local Account does not allow login after creation

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Win10 Local Account does not allow login after creation

1. Win10 Local Account does not allow login after creation - Similar Threads - Win10 Local Account

2. Is possible to block local login from an account but allow "run as"or UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is possible to block local login from an account but allow "run as"or UAC: I want to remove admin rights from local accounts, but have a special account used forand only for elevation prompt in UAC or RunAS, the special account should cannot logon to the system.Is it possible?I tried to set "Deny log on locally", but unfortunately this account...
  3. Is possible to block local login from an account but allow "run as"or UAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is possible to block local login from an account but allow "run as"or UAC: I want to remove admin rights from local accounts, but have a special account used forand only for elevation prompt in UAC or RunAS, the special account should cannot logon to the system.Is it possible?I tried to set "Deny log on locally", but unfortunately this account...
  4. Is possible to block local login from an account but allow "run as"or UAC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft account does not allow login to computer if internet is OFF

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account does not allow login to computer if internet is OFF: My computer does not allow Log in when I do not have internet. RESOLVE please. Microsoft take note we are in Africa. There is not always internet! Correct this silly requirement. I want to use my computer even when offline and access my computer! This is really a ridiculous...
  6. Local account creation error.

Local account creation error.: When attempting to create a local account on a windows 10 machine running the latest update, I'm running into the issue where after following the process to create a local account and selecting, "I don't have this person's sign-in information" it reports "Something went...
  7. Change login email to local win10 account.

Change login email to local win10 account.: Hi, my son and his friend have created a new local account on his win 10 desktop. Unfortunately, this new instance has his friends email account linked to it. My sons original account is still on the PC but non of his data, apps etc. How can I change the login email to this...
  8. Creation of a local account as a family member

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creation of a local account as a family member: Hi How do I create a local account, as a family member? Thanks Bye 22792
  9. can't login on win10 local account please help

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can't login on win10 local account please help: I updated win7 to win 10 finally when im going to use it, ask for my local account password when I put on exactly the same password that I used on win7 it says it is incorrect password, I keep trying but it doesn't work ad I need it for school and i don't know what to do, so...
  10. OneDrive and Local Account login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive and Local Account login: Can I acces OneDrive with the desktop app even if logging into my computer with a local account? I know this wasn't possible on Windows 8/8.1. Thanks. 11996

Users found this page by searching for:

1. local windows 10 login not allowed

2. win10 account not allowing local login