Windows 10: Win10 locked taskbar irregardless of settings.

Discus and support Win10 locked taskbar irregardless of settings. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why does the Task View icon on Taskbar lock taskbar regardless of taskbar settings? Pls help unlock taskbar. It seems that I can click on the Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Uticus, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Uticus Win User

Win10 locked taskbar irregardless of settings.

Why does the Task View icon on Taskbar lock taskbar regardless of taskbar settings? Pls help unlock taskbar.

It seems that I can click on the Task View icon and thus hide the taskbar and get a vibrant rendition of my landscape desktops. But only when i click on this icon.

Settings are set to hide the taskbar in desktop and tablet mode but so what, this doesn't work.

If I click on the Task view icon nothing else is available until i click the screen and get the taskbar view again and of course a dulled desktop.

:)

Uticus, Aug 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 6, 2020
  3. My Taskbar suddenly stretched out

Hello,

I realize that the Taskbar is stretched or extended in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and check if the Lock the Taskbar
      is checked.
    • If it is checked, uncheck it and drag the taskbar down
      and check the taskbar to lock the taskbar again.
    • Check if the issue is resolved.
    Please post to us if the taskbar issue is resolved. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 6, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

Suggest you try simply dragging the taskbar with e.g. that command as a first step.

Then (and I don't know quite how you'd make use of it):

Unlocking taskbar: see Option 3 for useful info:
    Lock or Unlock Taskbar in Windows 10 | Tutorials

dalchina, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 locked taskbar irregardless of settings. - Similar Threads - Win10 locked taskbar

2. Taskbar setting locked, nothing can be changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar setting locked, nothing can be changed: Hi, I have this situation where almost all configs in 'taskbar settings' are locked except for 'Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode'. Before this symptom I believe I saw this popup 9fe62d1b398f8ee542755faa3afe7fde519a8d01.png 444×492 dopus.com, but I'm not 100%...
  3. Taskbar not staying locked even after checking "Lock the taskbar" option in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar not staying locked even after checking "Lock the taskbar" option in settings: I was screwing around on my computer and installed Nexus Dock for some reason, but eventually got rid of it. However, now the dock isn't staying put no matter what option I try in settings. I don't understand why, since "Lock the taskbar" is checked when I right click on the...
  4. win10 taskbar

win10 taskbar: Can anyone explain or help me with my taskbar? I notice the other day that my taskbar was on the top of the screen and I didnt tell the op system to put it there and today is was on the left side. Why is win10 op system just randomly moving my taskbar? My son does do some...
  5. Win10 Lock Screen Settings Inaccessible

Win10 Lock Screen Settings Inaccessible: Hello, I wanted to change the pic on my Win 10 (64 Bit) lock screen but the only thing that is functional on it is the ability to add an app to it. I have a message in yellow at the top that says, "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization". This...
  6. Lock the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock the taskbar?: In taskbar settings there is an option to lock the taskbar. I've tried on and off and can't tell what the difference is. Google is silent on the issue, though there are lots of instructions how to do it. What is it? 118959
  7. Unable to set a lock screen background image (Win10).

Unable to set a lock screen background image (Win10).: I am currently unable to set a lock screen background image (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit). When on the Lock Screen customization window, it is pretty bare with no images to choose from. Browsing and choosing any image results in nothing happening and it does not add it (refer to...
  8. Lock taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock taskbar: is it really important to lock the taskbar windows 10 ?. Also how many icon are aloud to show in taskbar near the clock? Thanks. 75502
  9. No Win10 Start screen and Control Panel locked in TaskBar

in Windows 10 Support
    No Win10 Start screen and Control Panel locked in TaskBar: Desk Top opens with Task bar and not the normal Win 10 start screen. The Start button only display's a menu when Right Button on mouse is used and the Cortana button does nothing. They have worked before. I have the Control Panel on the Task Bar and it works but I cannot move...
  10. Win10 taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 taskbar: I hope this is just a setting, but I have a very lazy taskbar (bottom) that will not become visible unless I keep moving the mouse up and down or sometimes sideways to get it to appear. Lock is not on, auto-hide is checked when this happens. Is this a 9879 problem? Till I...