Windows 10: Win10 Login screen idle timeout - how to change time?

Discus and support Win10 Login screen idle timeout - how to change time? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My Win10 PC will turn off the display if I boot the PC and let it idle on the Login Screen for a minute or two. How can I change that time? I want the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheWitty97, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Win10 Login screen idle timeout - how to change time?

My Win10 PC will turn off the display if I boot the PC and let it idle on the Login Screen for a minute or two. How can I change that time? I want the display to remain active while sitting on the Login Screen. I've checked all the usual Power Management and local policies but I cannot figure out what is setting that timeout duration.

Any suggestions? TIA

submitted by /u/TheWitty97
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheWitty97, Mar 2, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10

It won't send you to the lock screen when the timeout has been reached.

Console lock display off timeout is the amount of minutes Windows will wait idle with no activity while on the lock screen when a user locks the computer before timing out and automatically turning off the display.

You might see if these below may be turning off the display instead.

Brink, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Win10 Login screen idle timeout - how to change time?

Extend Login Time for students learning to type

Hi Brian,

For us to isolate your concern with login time on Windows 10, have you tried checking/changing the
    Screen timeout settings? If not, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Lock screen settings; then, hit
      Enter.
    • Click Screen timeout settings.
    • Change/update the value under Screen as per requirement.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Win10 Login screen idle timeout - how to change time?

1. Win10 Login screen idle timeout - how to change time? - Similar Threads - Win10 Login screen

2. How to disable connected standby triggered by idle timeout?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable connected standby triggered by idle timeout?: My laptop would go into connected standby mode after some time Event ID 506. Normally this would not be a problem, but it sometimes does this when my laptop is doing some real work like rendering and the system would enter the said connected standby mode which might cause a...
  3. Windows 11 Idle Screen Timeout setting not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Idle Screen Timeout setting not working: Good afternoon, I have a windows domain with a GPO setup to lock all computers after 10 minutes of idle activity. The policy had been working fine, until just a few days ago. I have looked at the local machines Windows 11 Pro under gpedit.msc and the policy is still correctly...
  4. Windows 11 Idle Screen Timeout setting not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Idle Screen Timeout setting not working: Good afternoon, I have a windows domain with a GPO setup to lock all computers after 10 minutes of idle activity. The policy had been working fine, until just a few days ago. I have looked at the local machines Windows 11 Pro under gpedit.msc and the policy is still correctly...
  5. Win10 Screen Time changes

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10 Screen Time changes: Hi. My child pc screen time ended at home. I granted another 1 hour screen time from my workplace via my hp browser login. Does my child need to Restart/reboot pc for screen time added? Or just Sign out and Sign in again? My concern if need to reboot/restart pc, it seems...
  6. how to see date/time on Win10 login screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to see date/time on Win10 login screen?: There are tons of tutorials to show the date/time on the lock screen. I have that. When I bump my desk the mouse moves, and Win10 goes to the login screen, and hides the date/time. I just want to see the date/time either way-- lock screen and login screen. Don't make me...
  7. when pc is idle, how to change the time when lock screen appears

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    when pc is idle, how to change the time when lock screen appears: when pc is idle, how to change the time when lock screen appears? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-pc-is-idle-how-to-change-the-time-when-lock/585d2736-968b-47ed-805a-f435e11a96a5
  8. Win 10 Laptop doesn't wake after idle time/after idle screen timeout.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Laptop doesn't wake after idle time/after idle screen timeout.: Hello, I have a HP Pavillion Laptop 15-cc1xx running win 10 64 bit version 2004, my laptop when left idle turns the screen of after 5 mins as per the setting, but doesn't turn back ononly power LED is on continuously and I hear small sound of fan running I guess or it might...
  9. Win10 file location permissions timeout setting? not screen or login timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 file location permissions timeout setting? not screen or login timeout: I've been experiencing an intermittent problem, starting several weeks ago. I'm not sure if it might have been the result of a Win10 update or an IT configuration change, so I'm posting here just to get ideas of what to check. I leave my PC at my desk each night, turned on...
  10. how to change screen timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change screen timeout: how to change screen time out setting in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-screen-timeout/3a2fad57-aad6-42ab-9db1-70741c2b4b23

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 login screen timeout