Windows 10: win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password"

Discus and support win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password" in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hi, my girlfriends computer recently locked her out, we where ****ing around with trying to delete the windows.old folder after a recent... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by zentrobi, May 21, 2018.

1. zentrobi Win User

win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password"

hi, my girlfriends computer recently locked her out, we where ****ing around with trying to delete the windows.old folder after a recent update(wouldn't let us because of missing ownership) so she logged out and when she wanted to login again then it would say "welcome" for around 10-15sec and then say " incorrect password" and now we are stuck at this not knowing what todo. we've tryed to boot it into safe mode, but that requires a password today, the recovery, go back to previus state, opening cmd, basicly every option requires a login(wich again is not possibel) so anyone who have any suggestions?

:)

zentrobi, May 21, 2018

2. Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods:

Method 1

Please follow the steps below to go back to the normal startup:

• Type windows + r to open run command.

• Type msconfig to open system configuration.

• Uncheck the safe mode.

• Then restart the computer and check.
    Method 2

I recommend you to follow the article and check if it helps::

Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, May 22, 2018
  3. Can't login to my Windows 10 computer - incorrect password is correct.

Carolyn H Worsham, May 22, 2018
Thema:

win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password"

1. win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password" - Similar Threads - win10 login screen

2. I can’t login it keeps on saying password incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can’t login it keeps on saying password incorrect: My login keeps on saying password incorrect while that is my corrected password **** I need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-login-it-keeps-on-saying-password-incorrect/be230791-1099-4c78-851a-c6924b5a29cc
  3. I can’t login it keeps on saying password incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t login it keeps on saying password incorrect: My login keeps on saying password incorrect while that is my corrected password **** I need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-login-it-keeps-on-saying-password-incorrect/be230791-1099-4c78-851a-c6924b5a29cc
  4. I can’t login it keeps on saying password incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Having problem with Windows login, says incorrect password/login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problem with Windows login, says incorrect password/login.: Having problem with Windows login, says incorrect password/login. This is my office login, it works on another computer with same login. Tried many times, can't use safe mode, bit locker is asking for recovery key, which i don't have. No other option change change login/pwd...
  6. Having problem with Windows login, says incorrect password/login.

Having problem with Windows login, says incorrect password/login.: Having problem with Windows login, says incorrect password/login. This is my office login, it works on another computer with same login. Tried many times, can't use safe mode, bit locker is asking for recovery key, which i don't have. No other option change change login/pwd...
  7. Cant login to my pc, says password is incorrect but its not

Cant login to my pc, says password is incorrect but its not: So the issue started the other day when i turned on my pc and logged in normally, then my pc froze and i restarted it. Then i tried to log in with the same password i have used for 2 years and just used and it says its incorrect. I have tried changing the password multiple...
  8. Cant login to my pc, says password is incorrect but its not

Cant login to my pc, says password is incorrect but its not: So the issue started the other day when i turned on my pc and logged in normally, then my pc froze and i restarted it. Then i tried to log in with the same password i have used for 2 years and just used and it says its incorrect. I have tried changing the password multiple...
  9. Windows 10 login screen saying "Password is incorrect" after installing update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 login screen saying "Password is incorrect" after installing update: Hello. After I installed the new update, tried logging into Windows 10, but it says that my password is incorrect. I have NOT forgotten the password, as I have used it for a very long time. I have tried using the virtual keyboard -- password still does not work.Used multiple...
  10. Win10 login without a password and welcome screen

Win10 login without a password and welcome screen: Hi, i have an issue. I want to be able to boot my PC to desktop without any passwords. I've already tried "netplwiz" and all these kinds of commands (which leads to the same thing) and i had kinda success: i have no password on boot. Yet for any 20th or 30th boot I still got...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 login remove welcome

2. windows login welcome then wrong

3. windows says welcome.but then says incorrect passeord

4. window show welcome but wrong password,
  5. windows welcome when password is wrong,
  6. windows login say welome then password incorrect,
  7. windows says welcome then password incorrect,
  8. windows 10 login says welcome then password is incorrect,
  9. my computer says welcome then sign out,
  10. win 10 enter password say welcome then locking,
  11. pc says welcome but wrong password,
  12. windows says welcome then says password incorrect,
  13. windows login screen says password wrong but then i typ it in and its okay,
  14. my lockscreen says i am not the admistrator,
  15. how come some failed logins hang at welcome before saying its incorrect