Windows 10: win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password"

Discus and support win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password" in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hi, my girlfriends computer recently locked her out, we where ****ing around with trying to delete the windows.old folder after a recent... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by zentrobi, May 21, 2018.

1. zentrobi Win User

win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password"

hi, my girlfriends computer recently locked her out, we where ****ing around with trying to delete the windows.old folder after a recent update(wouldn't let us because of missing ownership) so she logged out and when she wanted to login again then it would say "welcome" for around 10-15sec and then say " incorrect password" and now we are stuck at this not knowing what todo. we've tryed to boot it into safe mode, but that requires a password today, the recovery, go back to previus state, opening cmd, basicly every option requires a login(wich again is not possibel) so anyone who have any suggestions?

:)

zentrobi, May 21, 2018

2. Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods:

Method 1

Please follow the steps below to go back to the normal startup:

• Type windows + r to open run command.

• Type msconfig to open system configuration.

• Uncheck the safe mode.

• Then restart the computer and check.
    Method 2

I recommend you to follow the article and check if it helps::

Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, May 22, 2018
  3. Can't login to my Windows 10 computer - incorrect password is correct.

Carolyn H Worsham, May 22, 2018
Thema:

win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password"

1. win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password" - Similar Threads - win10 login screen

2. My password says its incorrect in safe Mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My password says its incorrect in safe Mode: So I have a file on my computer that I cant delete for some odd reason and I looked up ta tutorial how to do it and it requires me to go into safe mode and put my password in but it says its incorrect and ive changed the password but im wondering how do I remove the password...
  3. (Solved) Windows 10 1903 Safe mode says password is incorrect

(Solved) Windows 10 1903 Safe mode says password is incorrect: Hello, I am trying to log in to safe mode so that I can uninstall nvidia drivers but it says the password is incorrect even though it is definitely the right password. I tried the following: - safe mode with networking - reformatting PC then made a new password, same issue...
  4. Windows 10 1903 Safe mode says password is incorrect

Windows 10 1903 Safe mode says password is incorrect: Hello, I am trying to log in to safe mode so that I can uninstall nvidia drivers but it says the password is incorrect even though it is definitely the right password. I tried the following: - safe mode with networking - reformatting PC then made a new password, same issue...
  5. Startup repair says "incorrect password" on password that works

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Startup repair says "incorrect password" on password that works: Basically title. Every password i input in startup repair is incorrect, even though when i login to microsoft using the same acc it works. 131484
  6. Win10 login without a password and welcome screen

Win10 login without a password and welcome screen: Hi, i have an issue. I want to be able to boot my PC to desktop without any passwords. I've already tried "netplwiz" and all these kinds of commands (which leads to the same thing) and i had kinda success: i have no password on boot. Yet for any 20th or 30th boot I still got...
  7. Windows 10 says " That password is incorrect" for correct password after windows update

Windows 10 says " That password is incorrect" for correct password after windows update: Windows not accepting my correct password after reset windows 10. Same password is working for live.microsoft.com. Please help. My login screen does not even show a power button :(...
  8. Unable to Login into Windows 10, says Password is incorrect - but I am entering correct...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to Login into Windows 10, says Password is incorrect - but I am entering correct...: Hi All My windows 10 is logically locked and I am unable to login even after giving correct password. I am stuck at Login screen. My observation is that it says "Incorrect Password" and it is right. Why is it right , because it is not accepting all the characters. say...
  9. Can not log on. Says password is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not log on. Says password is incorrect.: I can not log onto my computer. The pin logon option does not come up . Only the password. It states my password is wrong. I can not get online to change password....
  10. Incorrect password on Windows 10 login screen.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Incorrect password on Windows 10 login screen.: My parents are having an issue logging on to their computer. It seems that my mother miss-typed her microsoft email address when she activated it. Now she has a login in screen that asks for a password for the miss-typed account address. She cannot get past this screen since...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows login welcome then wrong

2. my lockscreen says i am not the admistrator

3. how come some failed logins hang at welcome before saying its incorrect

4. welcome then password incorrect,
  5. welcome screen incorrect password