Windows 10: Win10 Logo -> 1 minute black screen -> login | SSD Upgrade

Discus and support Win10 Logo -> 1 minute black screen -> login | SSD Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everybody i messing with a problem and i need some help.I have an HP laptop Pavilion G6 and recently i installed Windows 10 on it because i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jigsawpade, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Win10 Logo -> 1 minute black screen -> login | SSD Upgrade

Hello everybody i messing with a problem and i need some help.I have an HP laptop Pavilion G6 and recently i installed Windows 10 on it because i upgraded it with an SSD so i made a clean install.Once i finished the installation e.t.c. everything was working fine, the laptop's speed was awesome but the only thing i noticed was: When i turn on my laptop it shows for almost a second the windows logo with spinning dots and then for about 1 minute and 30 seconds a black screen (without cursor) and then it boots normally on the system and it is really really fast.After a research i found that if i could turn off the fast startup option could fix the problem but i did it my laptop booted after 3 minutes instead of 1,40 that was before so i re-enable it again.Any idea what i have to do to fix that?It is the only problem that my laptop has.Waiting for your replies guys.

:)

jigsawpade, Jul 30, 2020

2. More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD

I have a full description of the problem here: More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD

For some reason, a few weeks ago, my Windows 10 is taking over 1 minute to boot. That is, more than 1 minute just in that initial black window with the Windows 10 logo and the little dots circling.

1. That's my current hardwarespecifiations
    2. Windows boot screen stays more than 1 minute to then display the login screen
    3. Initially, I had just one Windows 10 x64 installation, then I installed a new Win10 on dual boot to compare
    4. After the new win10 dual boot installation, the boot time was reduced to 8 seconds (in this case the default win10 was automatically set to the new installation)
    5. But changing to default win10 startup to the old win10, the time came back to 1 minute
    6. Both win10 are with Fast Startup OFF
    7. Safe boot doesn't change the boot time
    8. The red led in front of the desktop (disk I/O) is completely OFF until the login screen is reached (so, no disk I/O during 1 minute)
    9. The drivers for BIOS, RAID, Motherboard are the same for both win10 installations, so it's not a hardware or driver problem.

RogérioDec, Jul 30, 2020
  3. 2 minute Black Screen between windows logo and login screen after February update

Put an SSD into my old Toshiba laptop over a year ago and Windows was loading up as fast as expected UNTIL I installed all the February 27 updates (including the optional update). Now, when I power on the windows logo appears immediately for 2 seconds
    then the screen goes black for at least 2 minutes before the login screen appears. Using Safe mode I tried uninstalling the Display Adapters and I tried changing hyperboot enabled from 1 to 0 in regedit but neither worked. And suggestions/ideas would be most
    appreciated?

hops castle, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Win10 Logo -> 1 minute black screen -> login | SSD Upgrade

More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD

Summarize

1. That's my current hardware specifiations
    2. Windows boot screen stays more than 1 minute to then display the login screen
    3. Initially, I had just one Windows 10 x64 installation, then I installed a new Win10 on dual boot to compare
    4. After the new win10 dual boot installation, the boot time was reduced to 8 seconds (in this case the default win10 was automatically set to the new installation)
    5. But changing to default win10 startup to the old win10, the time came back to 1 minute
    6. Both win10 are with Fast Startup OFF
    7. Safe boot doesn't change the boot time
    8. The red led in front of the desktop (disk I/O) is completely OFF until the login screen is reached (so, no disk I/O during 1 minute)
    9. The drivers for BIOS, RAID, Motherboard are the same for both win10 installations, so it's not a hardware or driver problem.

Original Question:

For some reason, a few weeks ago, my Windows 10 is taking over 1 minute to boot.
    That is, more than 1 minute just in that initial black window with the Windows 10 logo and the little dots circling:

Win10 Logo -> 1 minute black screen -> login | SSD Upgrade 43U0J.png

... aside from the time remaining when already logged in ...

And my Windows 10 is on an SSD!

Would anyone know to tell me any program that allows me to audit which process is causing this delay in the boot? I want to find out the villain ...

Edit

Following the suggestion in the comments (https://superuser.com/a/1205327/905372), I got the analysis:

Win10 Logo -> 1 minute black screen -> login | SSD Upgrade S8Ict.png

Win10 Logo -> 1 minute black screen -> login | SSD Upgrade f4BvL.png

Win10 Logo -> 1 minute black screen -> login | SSD Upgrade W0vxH.png

But I can't understand what's the problem.

I also uploaded the result files here.

Could anyone help me with this issue?

Edit 2

Just to confirm, I made another Windows 10 installation in a new partition on my SSD, using dual boot.
    For the new Windows 10 installation, the startup is IMMEDIATE.
    For the old Windows 10 installation, the startup is STILL MORE THAN 1 MINUTE.

So, once for all, IT'S NOT A HARDWARE PROBLEM!

Edit 3

After installing the new Win10 partition, Windows created a dual boot (and set the new Win10 as the default system).

In this case, the boot takes 8 seconds to reach the dual boot screen.

But changing the default startup system to the OLD Win10 (as described here), strangely, the boot back to take more than one minute to reach the dual boot screen.

Win10 Logo -> 1 minute black screen -> login | SSD Upgrade uusQk.png

So the problem may be something before Windows itself.

Edit 4

As explained in this comment, Fast Startup is not influencing in this case.

Edit 5

One thing I have not commented on before is that during this minute of waiting, the red LED on the front of my desktop, which accuses disk access, is completely off. That is, there is no disk access for 1 minute.

It is as if the boot is waiting for some signal and only after 1 minute does it "release" itself to start the boot itself...

Rogério Dec, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Logo -> 1 minute black screen -> login | SSD Upgrade

1. Win10 Logo -> 1 minute black screen -> login | SSD Upgrade - Similar Threads - Win10 Logo minute

2. Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity: I use Windows 10 Home. After system update Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 I find that desktop screen goes black after 1 min of inactivity, no matter what I specify in settings: 10 min, 30 min or 'never'....
  3. Black screen for ~20 minutes after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen for ~20 minutes after login: I have a virtual environment where everyone logs into they physical desktop and then connects to a dedicated virtual desktop via VMware. I've already taken this to VMware support, and they say it's not their problem. With certain users on certain VM's, after they enter their...
  4. Win10 black screen for 3 minutes before signin screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 black screen for 3 minutes before signin screen: I have a dell Inspiron 3537 with intel hd graphics 4400,when i boot my laptop after windows logo a black screen for 2-3 minutes,when i disabled display adapter same issue coming,how can i solve the problem...
  5. Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login: First of all, thanks in advanced for your help. I've been having this issue for quite a while and it's still happening. Every time after I log in (password screen), the screen only displays black screen for a few minutes before the background and everything shows up. During...
  6. 2 minute Black Screen between windows logo and login screen after February update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 minute Black Screen between windows logo and login screen after February update: Put an SSD into my old Toshiba laptop over a year ago and Windows was loading up as fast as expected UNTIL I installed all the February 27 updates including the optional update. Now, when I power on the windows logo appears immediately for 2 seconds then the screen goes black...
  7. Win10 upgrade from 7... black screen after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 upgrade from 7... black screen after login: I upgraded my desktop computer from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 and everything seemed to be working. I was able to work on the computer without problem for the rest of the day (hours). But the next day when I restarted the computer I got a black screen with flashing...
  8. Black screen for minutes?

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen for minutes?: Hello I have a very annoying issue. My system is taking forever to get to the lock in screen, I have black screen for a very long time! My security is: Bitdefender Total Security+Heimdal(Thor)Pro & Voodoo-Shield Pro. My Maintance Programs: WiseCare 365 Pro+Ccleaner Pro Plus....
  9. Win7 --> Win10 upgrade black screen after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Win7 --> Win10 upgrade black screen after login: Yesterday updated from Win7Pro to Win10Pro my old Lenovo Thinkpad x220. The laptop does have the original 320GB HDD and a mSATA 240GB SSD, the latest used as main disk now with Windows 10. For security reasons I never deleted the older Win7 installation in the HDD. At...
  10. Two minutes of black screen before login

in Windows 10 Support
    Two minutes of black screen before login: Hi. When I boot into Windows 10, just before the login, my screen turns black for like two minutes. There doesn't seem to be any drive activity (I've got Windows installed on a SSD). Cursor appears like fifteen seconds before the login screen. This started happening like a...