Windows 10: WIN10 Logon Screen Shows Password Icons to Click Instead of Username

Discus and support WIN10 Logon Screen Shows Password Icons to Click Instead of Username in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has anyone seen this before and if so how do I correct this. Tried 3 different times and rolled back to Win 7 Home Premium and reinstalled Win 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by copprtop99, Nov 8, 2015.

1. WIN10 Logon Screen Shows Password Icons to Click Instead of Username

Has anyone seen this before and if so how do I correct this. Tried 3 different times and rolled back to Win 7 Home
    Premium and reinstalled Win 10.
    WIN10 Logon Screen Shows Password Icons to Click Instead of Username [​IMG]

:)

copprtop99, Nov 8, 2015
  2. Zacronzer Win User

Windows 10 No user and password screen

My laptop suddenly stop showing the log in screen (username and password) instead it only shows wifi icon, power and date. What can i do about it?

Zacronzer, Nov 8, 2015
  3. Martmcd Win User
    How do I disable login password, netplwiz NOT WORKING! PLEASE HELP!

click start and type
    netplwiz
    and hit enter

on the users tab look for the tick box next to "users must enter a username and password to use this computer."

if it is unticked, tick and click apply

then

Untick "users must enter a username and password to use this computer." and click apply

you will be asked for a username and password - this is the user that will automatically be logged on at boot. (it will not work if you leave it blank).

if you are using a Microsoft account, the username is the FULL email address.

enter the password for the account (if you enter the password incorrectly or leave it blank - it will not work)

enter the password again to verify it.

click OK

when you next boot, it will attempt to automatically log on using the details you provided, if the details were entered incorrectly it will show you the logon screen.

also go to settings -> accounts -> sign-in options

under "require sign-in" select never

this will prevent it asking for a password when waking from sleep.

Martmcd, Nov 8, 2015
Thema:

WIN10 Logon Screen Shows Password Icons to Click Instead of Username

1. WIN10 Logon Screen Shows Password Icons to Click Instead of Username - Similar Threads - WIN10 Logon Screen

2. Stuck on wallpaper screen and after clicking any key instead of password screen it show...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck on wallpaper screen and after clicking any key instead of password screen it show...: Stuck on wallpaper screen and after clicking any key instead of password screen it show Black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-wallpaper-screen-and-after-clicking-any/70220239-19fd-4009-902a-dae3bb4aa671
  3. Stuck on wallpaper screen and after clicking any key instead of password screen it show...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on wallpaper screen and after clicking any key instead of password screen it show...: Stuck on wallpaper screen and after clicking any key instead of password screen it show Black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-wallpaper-screen-and-after-clicking-any/70220239-19fd-4009-902a-dae3bb4aa671
  4. Stuck on wallpaper screen and after clicking any key instead of password screen it show...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. usernames and passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    usernames and passwords: how do i access all my usernames and passwords. I had them written down but lost them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usernames-and-passwords/62585e2c-7c94-4fa2-98fe-5755f3f02907
  6. Lock screen not showing username

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lock screen not showing username: (Windows 10 1909) When I lock screen from my current login, my username is not displayed to indicate that i am currently using the PC. It is now showing username as blank. When someone else tried to login using another credential, it is not able to and there is a prompt that...
  7. SID shows instead of Username in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    SID shows instead of Username in Windows 10: [ATTACH]A Security Identifier (SID) is a unique value of variable length that is used to identify a security principal (such as a security group) in […] This article SID shows instead of Username in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Log in with username@computername instead of computername\username

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in with username@computername instead of computername\username: Hi all On a small network that does not have a domain controller, a Windows 10 pro workstation is sharing a folder over the network. We used to be able to connect to this network share with username@computername instead of computername\username (e.g. shareuser@pc20 instead...
  9. Username and Password textbox not showing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Username and Password textbox not showing: Hi Friends, Today my laptop upgraded to windows 10 automatically after i logged into my account if i take the sharing the username and password field is disabled and it is taking my current username and password when i not able to take the RDP it pops the same message....
  10. Logon Screen with "key/password" icons?? Also User corruption.

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon Screen with "key/password" icons?? Also User corruption.: Just installed win10 (build 10130) last night onto my Asus laptop. I upgraded from Win 7 Home. There was only 1 user on Win7, me, system admin. On the first upgrade, after attaching my profile to my Windows account, after the first reboot, I could no longer successfully...