Windows 10: Win10: Looked in Help for Status Bar. Nothing. Yet its under View, Folder Options. ?????

Discus and support Win10: Looked in Help for Status Bar. Nothing. Yet its under View, Folder Options. ????? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I click Help in Windows Explorer and nothing happens. ????You can't seem to activate the Status Bar page by page. It has to be universal on all pages.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bob Is Interested, May 15, 2023.

1. Win10: Looked in Help for Status Bar. Nothing. Yet its under View, Folder Options. ?????

I click Help in Windows Explorer and nothing happens. ????You can't seem to activate the Status Bar page by page. It has to be universal on all pages. How dumb is that? Win10 never ceases to amaze me in the boneheaded decisions they make. Could Win11 be even worse? How can they hire so many stupid people? How can management not see how dumb this is? It was so easy to show it as an option in the View Menu. What happened to the WinXP and Win7 team when things made so much more sense?

:)

Bob Is Interested, May 15, 2023

2. Unable to view status bar

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you able to access other icons on the task bar?

• Did you turned off, system icon?
    This might occur when the system icon is turned off.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the search area on the task bar and select
      Settings.

• Select the System option.

• Select Notification and action center.

• Select Turn on/off system icon.

• Turn on the icon which you want to view on your status bar.
    For any query related to Windows Operating System, feel free to post on Microsoft Community.

Santosh_Rai, May 15, 2023
  3. Ashton W Win User
    Missing Status Bar

Hi Biff,

I am an independent advisor and a Microsoft user like you, and I would be happy to help you out with this.

Are you referring to the status bar within File Explorer? (When you are viewing and navigating folders/files)

If so, when you have a window open, click on the View tab. Then click on "Options" in the ribbon menu, and this should bring up Folder Options.

Under Advanced Settings: there is the "Show status bar" checkbox, which you indicated you have already checked.

However, at the top under the Folder views section, you could click the "Apply to Folders" which would make it the default.

Can you let us know if you already tried this? Or is it a different status bar you might be referring to? Please reply and let us know and we would be happy to look into providing some different suggestions!

Regards,

-Ashton

Ashton W, May 15, 2023
  4. TomStrong Win User

Win10: Looked in Help for Status Bar. Nothing. Yet its under View, Folder Options. ?????

View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders

In a folder, when I do View>list and then in Options apply that to all folders, it often doesn't stick, i.e some sub folders under that folder show the details view. Any suggestions?

In fact it looks like all new folders are defaulting to details view.

TomStrong, May 15, 2023
Thema:

Win10: Looked in Help for Status Bar. Nothing. Yet its under View, Folder Options. ?????

1. Win10: Looked in Help for Status Bar. Nothing. Yet its under View, Folder Options. ????? - Similar Threads - Win10 Looked Help

2. Win10: Looked in Help for Status Bar. Nothing. Yet its under View, Folder Options. ?????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10: Looked in Help for Status Bar. Nothing. Yet its under View, Folder Options. ?????: I click Help in Windows Explorer and nothing happens. ????You can't seem to activate the Status Bar page by page. It has to be universal on all pages. How dumb is that? Win10 never ceases to amaze me in the boneheaded decisions they make. Could Win11 be even worse? How can...
  3. Win10: Looked in Help for Status Bar. Nothing. Yet its under View, Folder Options. ?????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10: Looked in Help for Status Bar. Nothing. Yet its under View, Folder Options. ?????: I click Help in Windows Explorer and nothing happens. ????You can't seem to activate the Status Bar page by page. It has to be universal on all pages. How dumb is that? Win10 never ceases to amaze me in the boneheaded decisions they make. Could Win11 be even worse? How can...
  4. Folder view option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder view option: How to always show folders as icons and show files as thumbnails? I went to Folder Option -> View tab and see that this two settings goes together https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-view-option/5a0d8e1d-8e72-4268-a547-15d778310392
  5. Folder view option

Folder view option: How to always show folders as icons and show files as thumbnails? I went to Folder Option -> View tab and see that this two settings goes together https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-view-option/5a0d8e1d-8e72-4268-a547-15d778310392
  6. Folder view option

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. nothing is showing under add an optional feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    nothing is showing under add an optional feature: I wanna add the wireless display feature when I open optional features and add a feature when I search it is showing nothing.[ATTACH]Is there any way to fix it [Moderator note: Moved topics for better clarity]...
  8. Is there a way to replace the View Options on Status Bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to replace the View Options on Status Bar?: https://i.imgur.com/UNW0J14.png We have Details and Thumbnails but would like to replace or add more options. submitted by /u/netocavalcanti [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzfa33/is_there_a_way_to_replace_the_view_options_on/
  9. Problem with Folders View on WIN10

Problem with Folders View on WIN10: Having a minor problem with the Folder view on the Photos app in WIN10. Just did a clean install of WIN10. The OS sits on an SSD, and my OneDrive Pictures folder sits on a HDD. I moved the default locations of Pictures, Documents and Videos from the SSD C:\ drive to my HDD...
  10. MSGTAG Status: Compatibility Mode under Win10?

MSGTAG Status: Compatibility Mode under Win10?: Hi, all: Shot in the dark here re: a relatively ancient, legacy software application -- MSGTAG Status. Is there anyone using it under Win10? If so, is it necessary or advisable to run it in Compatibility mode, e.g. as a Win7 application? Although the program is no...