Windows 10: win10 mail app blocks outgoing messages containing a dropbox link

Discus and support win10 mail app blocks outgoing messages containing a dropbox link in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use dropbox to share my written articles and photos. This morning I sent the usual email using win10 mail, through my BT Mail account. The message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by circle365, Oct 6, 2019.

1. circle365 Win User

win10 mail app blocks outgoing messages containing a dropbox link

I use dropbox to share my written articles and photos. This morning I sent the usual email using win10 mail, through my BT Mail account. The message contained a link of the form:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xuqvdveoajo25eu/AAAE0UougxWT..... etc

and the message failed to get through, repeatedly. When I delete the link, it gets through.

Sending the message via win10 app and hotmail was also successful. I tried sending it directly from my BT Mail account (via the web and browser) and it was also successful. This suggests something amiss between win10 mail and the BT mail server.

Any ideas? I'm using win 10 home, ver 1809, build 17763.775

Thanks.

:)

circle365, Oct 6, 2019

2. Block e-mails

Hello

I'm Peter F independent Advisor

to block the senders please follow these steps

open the message you want to block.

Add the sender to the blocked senders list.

In Windows Live Mail, choose Actions→Junk E-Mail→Add Sender to Blocked Senders List.

In Windows Mail, choose Message→Junk E-Mail→Add Sender to Blocked Senders List.

In Outlook Express, choose Message→Block Sender.

Click the Yes button or click OK.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. win10 mail app blocks outgoing messages containing a dropbox link :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 6, 2019
  4. win10 mail app blocks outgoing messages containing a dropbox link

Outgoing email Blocked Link

When inserting a link into an outgoing email "blocked" appears when passing the cursor over the link for example my brother
    plumbing company website.

"Blocked" is observed at both the sending and receiving end.

How is this fixed?

Thanks for your help

BobbyCantle, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

win10 mail app blocks outgoing messages containing a dropbox link

1. win10 mail app blocks outgoing messages containing a dropbox link - Similar Threads - win10 mail app

2. Phone Link duplicates my outgoing text message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link duplicates my outgoing text message: I've been through all the troubleshooting tips and even recently reinstalled Windows 11. When I send a text through the Phone Link app, it duplicates whatever I send....
  3. Phone Link duplicates my outgoing text message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link duplicates my outgoing text message: I've been through all the troubleshooting tips and even recently reinstalled Windows 11. When I send a text through the Phone Link app, it duplicates whatever I send....
  4. Phone Link duplicates my outgoing text message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Phone Link duplicates my outgoing text message

6. Can Phone Link schedule outgoing messages?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Phone Link schedule outgoing messages?: Question says it all. Can Phone Link schedule outgoing messages like Android Messages? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-phone-link-schedule-outgoing-messages/fb33295c-22ac-4813-8e0d-5defd6e6775e
  7. Can Phone Link schedule outgoing messages?

Can Phone Link schedule outgoing messages?: Question says it all. Can Phone Link schedule outgoing messages like Android Messages? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-phone-link-schedule-outgoing-messages/fb33295c-22ac-4813-8e0d-5defd6e6775e
  8. Mail app signs my name on outgoing messages from any account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app signs my name on outgoing messages from any account: Hello! I've been using the Windows 10 Mail app and, for the most part, it works fine. I recently discovered that several of my emails I've sent from the app never actually sent (not in outbox, sent, or spam) and can only be found via search. A quick search on this sub...
  9. Windows Mail app outgoing mail is suddenly being rejected

Windows Mail app outgoing mail is suddenly being rejected: Hi I use the windows Mail app for my hotmail address. Today outgoing mail has started to be rejected no matter where I send it to I have tried a non-gmail account too. Mail sent from the web based version of outlook from the same address arrives as expected. Any help...
  10. link to dropbox online

in Windows 10 Customization
    link to dropbox online: In file explorer on the left hand menu bar I used to be able to scroll down in the dropbox folder and get an option"view dropbox online" I used that since I don't sync much to my laptop since that defeats the purpose of saving space on harddrive Suddenly that option is gone...