Windows 10: WIN10 mail app does not show notification banner for incoming emails from gmail + yahoo...

Discus and support WIN10 mail app does not show notification banner for incoming emails from gmail + yahoo... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; WIN10 mail app does not show notification banner for incoming emails from gmail accounts its only for gmail + yahoo emails, i get a banner for outlook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HELLO6HELLO6, Feb 8, 2020.

1. WIN10 mail app does not show notification banner for incoming emails from gmail + yahoo...

WIN10 mail app does not show notification banner for incoming emails from gmail accounts

its only for gmail + yahoo emails, i get a banner for outlook emails

who knows?

:)

HELLO6HELLO6, Feb 8, 2020

2. Mail Notification Banners not showing

I want this feature in Windows 10 Mail. I followed the steps you mentioned. App Notifications are enabled and mail is showing in apps to show notifications but still I don't get a banner notification.

Kashif Tasneem, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Mail Notification Banners not showing

Hi,

Do you want to turn on this feature for Windows 10 Mail app or Outlook 2013?

If you haven't performed these steps to display the New Email Notification banner for messages that you receive please follow the below steps:

1. In the search option of the taskbar type “Notifications & actions settings” without quote and press enter.

2. In Notifications & Actions, Show app notifications should be “On”. If it is not, click to the slider to turn on.

3. Scroll down to Show Notifications from these apps and click on
    Outlook.

4. Notifications should be “on”.

5. In the “Show notifications from these apps section” make sure Show notification banners should be “on” for Outlook 2013 application if you want to display banners in the lower right corner as messages arrive.

Note: The New Email Alert will only display when the message is delivered to the Inbox folder. If you want the alert to display for other messages you’ll need to make a rule to display the alert.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 8, 2020
  4. desertman Win User

WIN10 mail app does not show notification banner for incoming emails from gmail + yahoo...

Sound for incoming emails

Yes, I have (and had) Notifications - Show in action center on and a checkmark at Play a sound - but don't get a sound for incoming mails.

However, I don't have Mail listed in Settings - Privacy - Let apps run in the background and also not in Settings System - Notifications & actions - Show notifications from these apps. In the first setting other applications are listed (but Mail is not one of them), in the second setting no application is listed and it only says "No apps have provided notifications yet".

Just to clarifiy it - I also don't get a sound for incoming emails when Mail is the active foreground application.

desertman, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

WIN10 mail app does not show notification banner for incoming emails from gmail + yahoo...

1. WIN10 mail app does not show notification banner for incoming emails from gmail + yahoo... - Similar Threads - WIN10 mail app

2. Windows Mail App not showing emails in gmail subfolders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App not showing emails in gmail subfolders: I have been using the Windows 11 Mail app the envelope icon with my gmail account and it has been working fine except for showing emails in existing folders. Screenshot below shows an example. The folder New Fence contains emails but in the mail app, it is empty. I get around...
  3. Windows Mail App not showing emails in gmail subfolders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail App not showing emails in gmail subfolders: I have been using the Windows 11 Mail app the envelope icon with my gmail account and it has been working fine except for showing emails in existing folders. Screenshot below shows an example. The folder New Fence contains emails but in the mail app, it is empty. I get around...
  4. Gmail account in Windows Mail app not showing alerts for incoming mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail account in Windows Mail app not showing alerts for incoming mail: Incoming Gmail mail alerts that appear in the lower right corner only pop up when I open the Windows Mail app itself, They don't appear when the Mail app is closed.This issue is not present with my Hotmail account that I've also added to the Mail app. This Gmail issue was not...
  5. Gmail account in Windows Mail app not showing alerts for incoming mail

Gmail account in Windows Mail app not showing alerts for incoming mail: Incoming Gmail mail alerts that appear in the lower right corner only pop up when I open the Windows Mail app itself, They don't appear when the Mail app is closed.This issue is not present with my Hotmail account that I've also added to the Mail app. This Gmail issue was not...
  6. Stop Gmail from labeling incoming mail

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Gmail from labeling incoming mail: I am using Windows 10 & check my email through the Vivaldi browser. When I get emails, they always have some sort of Label: Social, Updates, Forums or Promotions. I'd like to stop having my emails labeled. I've gone through these steps: Logged into my Gmail account through...
  7. No notification banner in windows 10 mail app in gmail account

No notification banner in windows 10 mail app in gmail account: Hello, I have noticed that recently my windows 10 mail app does not show the notification banner when I receive an email from a gmail account. In another outlook account it does appear. Notifications only appear when I manually open the app. The sync and notification...
  8. Win10 Mail app not showing notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Mail app not showing notifications: The notifications have stopped on my Win10 mail app. It used to show up as a number on the icon in my taskbar when an email from one of the linked accounts showed up. It has stopped doing that. Every linked account is set to DOWNLOAD NEW CONTENT AS ITEMS ARRIVE. Sync...
  9. YAHOO MAIL and email apps

in Browsers and Email
    YAHOO MAIL and email apps: I see from searching there are others who have a problem similar but not the same as mine. For no reason Windows started to report that accounts in the Windows Mail app needed fixing. Google was not affected but Outlook and Yahoo were and many attempts to fix them failed. The...
  10. Still no Mail app Notification Sound or Banner

in Browsers and Email
    Still no Mail app Notification Sound or Banner: I did a clean install of Windows 10 yesterday and used a local account instead of an MS one. No Mail notifications what so ever. All settings are correct. 22404