Windows 10: Win10 Mail app hanging?

Discus and support Win10 Mail app hanging? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Trying to setup Mail app, and it won't let me past the "Add account" screen ... I added a hotmail account, it indicated that was successful. I added a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by grumpyoldmen, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Win10 Mail app hanging?

Trying to setup Mail app, and it won't let me past the "Add account" screen ... I added a hotmail account, it indicated that was successful. I added a Yahoo mail account, again indicated success ... but it keeps returning to the "Add account" screen, and the "Ready to go" button is greyed out / non-clickable.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get past this?

:)

grumpyoldmen, Jun 18, 2016
  2. Palcouk Win User

Outlook closes unexpectedly, Win 10 Anniv

Win10 mail is a completely different program to MS Outlook which is included in some versions of MS Office

If the problem is with the Win10 mail app you should be posting to both the win10 and outlook.com groups

Palcouk, Jun 18, 2016
  3. My Outlook contacts not showing in my "People" option on my phone

Does this concern a device running Win10 Mobile or a computer running Win10?

Your Microsoft Account's username and password are the same for Outlook.com (webmail); i.e.,
    Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email

To make matters even more confusing, the Mail app on a Win10 computer is called Outlook Mail app on a Win10 Mobile device!

...then there's MS Outlook (part of MS Office and Office365)!

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jun 18, 2016
  4. Win10 Mail app hanging?

Two things you can try
    One run a Command Prompt Admin SFC /Scannow
    Link in my Signature
    Also an in-place Upgrade
    Again link in my Signature

Let us know how you get on

hTconeM9user, Jun 18, 2016
  5. LM2007 Win User
    I have the same, problem. I tested creating or adding the email account in another Windows account and it was added, but as soon as i sing in again with my Windows account and open again the Mail app everything is gone, tell us if Admin SFC /Scannow fixed the problem, grumpy.

LM2007, Jun 21, 2016
  6. snickie Win User
    Have you by any chance changed the settings in 'Settings->Privacy'? I had the same problem. Check that these settings allow for:
    "Lets app access and send email".
    You probably have to change the settings for 'Contacts' and 'Calendar' if you use them.

snickie, Jun 21, 2016
  7. LM2007 Win User
    That did the trick for me, thank you so much. Is odd that none of Microsoft Troubleshooters packages detect it, luckily and gratefully we have this amazing forums

LM2007, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Mail app hanging?

1. Win10 Mail app hanging? - Similar Threads - Win10 Mail app

2. Windows mail app hangs after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows mail app hangs after 20H2 update: The Win10 mail app has always worked well for me. Recently, after 20H2 update, it started hanging. When I click on a message it doesn't show up and at the process "Microsoft Outlook Communications" starts to take about 25% of the CPU. I tried to reset the app, uninstall and...
  3. Outlook's sign-in to the Win10 mail app.

Outlook's sign-in to the Win10 mail app.: My outlook can't be signed in on the win10 mail app. I'm here two places in the circle [ATTACH] That's it if you log in. [ATTACH] Chinese meaning: this account is already assisted It's available to log in with IMAP, but you can't get mail. [ATTACH]This means:...
  4. Win10 Mail App Attachment issues

Win10 Mail App Attachment issues: Hello, This problem only started recently. I am unable to download attachments in emails - the loading circle turns forever. Things I have tested: 1. The problem is only with the company exchange email; outlook account bound to the Mail App doesn't have this problem...
  5. mail app hangs after sharing with snip and sketch

mail app hangs after sharing with snip and sketch: mail app appears to be having a sync problem only way to fix it is to close and then reopen the mail app happens every time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-hangs-after-sharing-with-snip-and-sketch/9b0839cb-49f7-4995-8962-1b52dba6a7cd
  6. internet connection & Win10 Mail App

internet connection & Win10 Mail App: Mail in Win10 said it couldn't connect to my account, as I was offline. I checked the network setting and it says there is no connection, nor is an Ethernet cable plugged in. Obviously it is and there is a connection as I am signed into my account and typing this message....
  7. sync aliyun mail in win10 mail app

sync aliyun mail in win10 mail app: How to sync aliyun mail successfully in window 10 mail app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-aliyun-mail-in-win10-mail-app/f75170db-6146-450a-bd31-d20b333a34b1
  8. Win10 Mail app not showing notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Mail app not showing notifications: The notifications have stopped on my Win10 mail app. It used to show up as a number on the icon in my taskbar when an email from one of the linked accounts showed up. It has stopped doing that. Every linked account is set to DOWNLOAD NEW CONTENT AS ITEMS ARRIVE. Sync...
  9. Apps not opening and/or Hanging (Mail esp)

Apps not opening and/or Hanging (Mail esp): Can anyone help, I have been having issues with apps locking/not loading? Suddenly today my Mail app will not open at all, just stuck on the splash screen. The Store app is also locking when checking for/downloading updates. I've had nothing but problems so far 13333
  10. Win10 x64 hanging

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 x64 hanging: Hi My Win10 x64 randomly hangs for about 5 min and then comes back. *Sad Anyone with the same behaviour? how can i know if it's HDD related? thanks Edit: found a Windows error report at + or - the same time of last hang and here it is, related files are not in given...