Windows 10: WIN10 Mail App - How to edit contacts

Discus and support WIN10 Mail App - How to edit contacts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I use the mail app in Windows 10 not Outlook and want to edit the contacts but can't seem to figure out how. When I start to type in the 'to' field it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MichaelDemby, Aug 30, 2021.

1. WIN10 Mail App - How to edit contacts

I use the mail app in Windows 10 not Outlook and want to edit the contacts but can't seem to figure out how. When I start to type in the 'to' field it auto populates with suggestions, but those are not in the contacts list - I want to delete old/mistyped ones, and want to edit some. How?

:)

MichaelDemby, Aug 30, 2021
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Aug 30, 2021
  3. Bastet Win User
    Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. WIN10 Mail App - How to edit contacts :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Aug 30, 2021
  4. WIN10 Mail App - How to edit contacts

email contacts

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add an email to your contacts, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:-

1. Open Yahoo Mail, click on the Contacts icon.
    2. Now click on a contact.
    3. Click Edit Details.
    4. Add email address to the contact.
    5. Click Save.

If you are using Mail App and want to edit contacts stored in People App, I suggest you to refer to following article under
    Edit contacts
    for steps to edit the contact and add an email.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 30, 2021
Thema:

WIN10 Mail App - How to edit contacts

1. WIN10 Mail App - How to edit contacts - Similar Threads - WIN10 Mail App

2. windows 10 mail edit contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 mail edit contacts: My Dad died recently, him and my Mum shared an e mail address. I was finding it upsetting seeing Dad's name so I changed in the people app to say Mum instead of dad and mum. It does not seem to have worked as when I try to send mum an email it still comes up as dad and mum. I...
  3. windows 10 mail edit contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 mail edit contacts: My Dad died recently, him and my Mum shared an e mail address. I was finding it upsetting seeing Dad's name so I changed in the people app to say Mum instead of dad and mum. It does not seem to have worked as when I try to send mum an email it still comes up as dad and mum. I...
  4. Editing Contacts in Wins 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing Contacts in Wins 10 Mail: No matter what I do I cannot correct the spelling of an existing contact in Wins 10 mail edit/delete/reenter, etc.. Wins 10 mail will not let me correct the spelling of the name of a contact. The address is perfect but I can't edit the associated name....
  5. Editing Contacts in Wins 10 Mail

Editing Contacts in Wins 10 Mail: No matter what I do I cannot correct the spelling of an existing contact in Wins 10 mail edit/delete/reenter, etc.. Wins 10 mail will not let me correct the spelling of the name of a contact. The address is perfect but I can't edit the associated name....
  6. Mail app contacts

Mail app contacts: Ok here goes. windows 10. I add a contact. When sending an e-mail to that person it comes back undeliverable. Then I realize I spelled it incorrectly. I go to that contact, click edit & correct & save the info. Now, when I forward an e-mail I click in the To: window, start...
  7. Tidying Win10 mail contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Tidying Win10 mail contacts: Hello, My contacts list has got rather long over the years, with people on it who are no longer with us. However I can't find a way of removing them, if I go into people and right click the name delete is greyed out. Is there a way of exporting these contacts in a csv form...
  8. Windows Mail App contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail App contacts: Dear Team, I am using windows mail app and when i given any reply to new contact it is automatically saving in contacts list. Means if i try to compose mail to the same contact it is showing that contact in list but in Peoples app that contact is not there. Please help me...
  9. Create a Contact from a received email, Win10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create a Contact from a received email, Win10 Mail App: How do you add a person to your Contacts/People from their email? Until a few months ago , I could click on their icon or email address in their email to me, and it would be saved. Now, if I click on their email address, I just get an option to save the link. I have to...
  10. How to remove contacts from Mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove contacts from Mail app?: I've synced my contacts with mail, but is only shows a small section of them in contacts. How do I remove unwanted contacts from Mail app? 4390