Windows 10: Win10 Mail app not showing notifications

Discus and support Win10 Mail app not showing notifications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The notifications have stopped on my Win10 mail app. It used to show up as a number on the icon in my taskbar when an email from one of the linked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BananaFrappe, May 7, 2019.

1. Win10 Mail app not showing notifications

The notifications have stopped on my Win10 mail app. It used to show up as a number on the icon in my taskbar when an email from one of the linked accounts showed up. It has stopped doing that.

Every linked account is set to DOWNLOAD NEW CONTENT AS ITEMS ARRIVE. Sync options for email, calendar, and contacts are all ON.

Windows 10 Home

version 1803

OS build 17134.706

*** Please don't suggest that I upgrade to the May 2019 Windows update. I have heard there are issues with that update and I won't update it until the issues are cleared up.

:)

BananaFrappe, May 7, 2019
  2. shmu26 Win User

Mail not showing notifications

I am not getting toast or action center notifications for Mail app, although in the Mail app settings, I have notifications enabled.
    In Windows settings, "notifications & actions", both the mail app and the calendar app are missing from the list.
    I have not set up the calendar app, but I did set up the mail app with my gmail account, and aside from notifications, it seems to be working properly.

win10 pro x64 Creators Update

shmu26, May 7, 2019
  3. Captship Win User
    No notifications from Mail app

Hello,

Thank you for suggestion but I had already turned on notifications from within the app without success.

Mail app is not available (not in list of apps) to turn on or off in the settings – background apps nor is it available from – settings -system – notifications – show notifications from these apps (not in list of apps)

In settings -system -apps & features – the mail app uninstall/move button is grayed out and unable to uninstall

When I first upgraded to WIN10 the Mail app was not functioning properly (well known problems and resolved since) so I uninstalled. The Mail app returned part of an upgrade

Suspect corruption during the reinstall which is prohibiting mail app to interact fully with OS

Appreciate more suggestions to resolve problem

Thanks

Steve

Captship, May 7, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Win10 Mail app not showing notifications

Mail app not receiving notifications

Hi Dave,

It seems that the Mail app is not running in the background. To show the app in the "Notifications & Actions" settings page, we suggest running it in the background. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Privacy
    • In the left pane, select Background apps.
    • Under Let apps run in the background, toggle the switch to turn on or off the background apps.
    • Once you're done, you may now turn on the Mail app in the "Notifications & Actions" settings page to get notifications.

Feel free to post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Win10 Mail app not showing notifications

1. Win10 Mail app not showing notifications - Similar Threads - Win10 Mail app

2. Is there a FIX for Win 10 Mail App not showing New Mail Notifications ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a FIX for Win 10 Mail App not showing New Mail Notifications ?: I have been searching the forums here and Google looking at every article I could find on this subject , and everything I find is a couple years old , what I am looking for is a FIX , for the Win 10 Mail App on my new to me PC , it has a fresh install/reset of Win 10 Home...
  3. Mail app not sending notifications.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app not sending notifications.: So, when I set account syncing to "as items arrive" the app stops sending new email notifications and only works when its open which kinda defeats the purpose of notifications. It works fine when set to "every 15 minutes" but thats a little too much, I'd prefer something as...
  4. Mail app favorites notification.

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app favorites notification.: Hello! I would be grateful if someone could explain a way to make a favorite folder in the Windows 10 Mail app to show a notification when an email arrives to that folder. I have favorited many folders from my email but only the Inbox is giving/showing notifications when an...
  5. Windows Mail app not showing any badges/notifications for gmail

Windows Mail app not showing any badges/notifications for gmail: With the latest Mail update the Windows 10 mail app is not showing any badge notifications or any notifications at all for gmail accounts. Verified that all notifications work just fine for outlook accounts just not gmail. Have tried uninstalling, resetting etc. but still no...
  6. WIN10 mail app does not show notification banner for incoming emails from gmail + yahoo...

WIN10 mail app does not show notification banner for incoming emails from gmail + yahoo...: WIN10 mail app does not show notification banner for incoming emails from gmail accounts its only for gmail + yahoo emails, i get a banner for outlook emails who knows?...
  7. Mail app not showing notification in action center

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app not showing notification in action center: The only way I know if their is a emailnis if I open the app. The sync settings are set To show a banner and play a sound. To test I send a email from my phone and nothing happens on the pc unless I open the mail app. In settings it set fine. Their was a update this morning...
  8. Mail app notifications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app notifications.: No notifications for my Mail app. It's greyed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/mail-app-notifications/5a5a4f1b-a889-4e6a-9531-9e39884730c1
  9. Mail not showing notifications

in Browsers and Email
    Mail not showing notifications: I am not getting toast or action center notifications for Mail app, although in the Mail app settings, I have notifications enabled. In Windows settings, "notifications & actions", both the mail app and the calendar app are missing from the list. I have not set up the...
  10. No Mail app notifications

in Browsers and Email
    No Mail app notifications: OK so I've found the first app I like and have converged all my web mail boxes into the Mail app which is convenient and works well, though sometimes its hard to find the download links anywhere which forces me to the web version. I get mail notification sounds on my...