Windows 10: Win10 Mail App not Syncing after Outlook Server Change

Discus and support Win10 Mail App not Syncing after Outlook Server Change in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just thought I'd post a note incase others are having issues with the mail App, M$ has quietly changed the Mail App's Server for my old Hotmail Account... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kbird, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Kbird Win User

Win10 Mail App not Syncing after Outlook Server Change

Just thought I'd post a note incase others are having issues with the mail App, M$ has quietly changed the Mail App's Server for my old Hotmail Account and the Mail App is no longer connecting to that Hotmail account to sync, has not for 5 days but I hadn't noticed as I am using WLM and accessing it via IMAP instead usually .

The Server has been switched to eas.outlook.com from bayXXX-m.hotmail.com and won't let me change it back , but so far I have not tried to remove the Account and re-add it as I was hoping it was just a problem on the Server end and M$ would sort it out in a day or two but so far that has not happened. I am guessing all the Email is still accessible on Outlook.com too but personally I don't like WebMail and so far WLM and IMAP isn't an issue.

My other Hotmail Account on the Bay.Hotmail Servers is still fine BTW.

KB

Note: bayXXX-m.hotmail ...the XXX number will depend on where you are etc

:)

Kbird, Aug 28, 2016
  2. HaroldSF Win User

windows 10 mail app won't sync

After weeks of no outlook app sync at msn.com I set server to m.hotmail.com and I have a working win 10 outlook mail! Thank you.

HaroldSF, Aug 28, 2016
  3. Email disappearing in Win 10 Mail

'Win10 mail apparently reloads messages from your mail server each time you get mail.'

The mail app syncs messages with the server. Messages that have already been downloaded are not downloaded again.

'Change all of your email accounts to 'POP3' and set to NOT delete from the server' is not a solution.

That means that emails would have to be marked as read and deleted on each device used to access the emails.

Ron Sommer MVP, Aug 28, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

This morning's error message , I will have to look into more..... will post back with a fix when i find one....

Win10 Mail App not Syncing after Outlook Server Change [​IMG]

Win10 Mail App not Syncing after Outlook Server Change [​IMG]

Kbird, Aug 28, 2016
  5. Kbird Win User
    OK , Error 0x86000c09 is often found on Mobile Devices by the look as all the advice refers to Phones but following the Advice below , I could see this Desktop listed too , and even though it says Status:Ok it also hadn't sync'd in a week, so I removed it per the instructions along with My old Windows Phone which was also Status Ok but no Sync for a Week . After removing the Phone , I turned it off and restarted it , it immediately resync'd and now shows the Emails per Outlook.com on the Web.

If like me you have your Mail App Account set to Sync "Everything" this process can take awhile *Smile but it appears to be working for it too....still going...

***Update: The Mail App kept throwing the Error even though I could see it was sync'd fully until I restarted the Computer.

1st info found here :
    Reset Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) connections for Exchange, Office 365 and Outlook.com accounts - MSOutlook.info

and more info found in the pop out above once you look at the "details" for a particular sync.

Support - Office.com

KB.

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 Mail App not Syncing after Outlook Server Change - Similar Threads - Win10 Mail App

2. Outlook's sign-in to the Win10 mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook's sign-in to the Win10 mail app.: My outlook can't be signed in on the win10 mail app. I'm here two places in the circle [ATTACH] That's it if you log in. [ATTACH] Chinese meaning: this account is already assisted It's available to log in with IMAP, but you can't get mail. [ATTACH]This means:...
  3. Sbcglobal e-mail stopped syncing and connecting to server in Outlook

Sbcglobal e-mail stopped syncing and connecting to server in Outlook: My Sbcglobal e-mail stopped syncing and receiving e-mails within Outlook. It throws an error that it can not synchronize or connect to the server. Error: 0x800CCCOE. The e-mail account cannot be repaired and when trying gives an error: Cannot log onto incoming IMAP...
  4. bigpond mail not syncing in outlook mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bigpond mail not syncing in outlook mail: my bigpond mail is not syncing in outlook mail......new laptop and was working for a few days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bigpond-mail-not-syncing-in-outlook-mail/b3e01bc9-822b-4624-ac0a-08c36e023f0d
  5. Gmail account not syncing with win10 mail app

Gmail account not syncing with win10 mail app: I've tried this and resetting the app but emails from my Gmail account still do not sync. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-not-syncing-with-win10-mail-app/768bd4c9-f7fc-4e0d-b998-3419ee0b10c5
  6. sync aliyun mail in win10 mail app

sync aliyun mail in win10 mail app: How to sync aliyun mail successfully in window 10 mail app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-aliyun-mail-in-win10-mail-app/f75170db-6146-450a-bd31-d20b333a34b1
  7. AOL Mail not syncing on Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    AOL Mail not syncing on Outlook: I've been running AOL Mail on Outlook for years. In the several weeks it has stopped automatically syncing received and sent emails. When I try to force a sync using "update folders" I get this error message: Task "synchronising subscribed folders …..; reported error...
  8. Win10 Outlook Mail

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Outlook Mail: Suddenly, all sent messages go to the drafts folder instead of sending. Once they are in the drafts folder, they become difficult to send. All suggestions appreciated. Dee 112489
  9. Outlook 2010, and Windows Mail App wont sync

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010, and Windows Mail App wont sync: For the last week or so, my emails are not syning with either Outlook 2010, or the Windows Mail App. I am using Hotmail (yes i know, still?) I got an email from Microsoft, saying something along the lines of "remove and then re-add your account", which i have done....
  10. Mail app does not access Outlook servers

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app does not access Outlook servers: or so it appears. Creating a new account choosing the outlook option, either with my signed in MS system account, or the generic outlook choice returns error 0x80070525. I can, however, access gmail and yahoo sign ins. 13793