Windows 10: Win10 Mail: Can't change my mailing name

Discus and support Win10 Mail: Can't change my mailing name in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I need some help with changing my mailing name. So around 2 weeks ago everything was fine, I could send an email and the recipient would see my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TomsZ21, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Win10 Mail: Can't change my mailing name

Hi,

I need some help with changing my mailing name. So around 2 weeks ago everything was fine, I could send an email and the recipient would see my name and surname. Now whenever I send an email it displays my nickname that I use for other mailboxes. I can see how this could confuse a lot of people that I communicate with via E-mail.

So the thing is, I am not able to change it, I've read trough some forums but everywhere its the same. Account settings > Sync options > change name. But I don't have such a field under Sync options. Here's a screenshot of how it looks like for me.

Please help me figure this out!

submitted by /u/TomsZ21
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TomsZ21, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Bastet Win User

Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. Win10 Mail: Can't change my mailing name :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Nov 16, 2019
  3. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Win10 Mail: Can't change my mailing name

Windows 10 Mail app; how to change / update the mail display name ?

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting the query in Microsoft Community Forum!

Form the description; you want the display name to be changed in the mail app.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

Hope this information is helpful. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to reply.

Arul_D, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Win10 Mail: Can't change my mailing name

1. Win10 Mail: Can't change my mailing name - Similar Threads - Win10 Mail Can't

2. Can't change the previous mail name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't change the previous mail name: Hi I just got changed the or transferred my mail from @abc.com to @efg.com. Now in the account setting my previous mail is showing but I am getting and sending mails from my new account i,e @efg.com. How can I change the name in account settings to the new one....
  3. Can't change the previous mail name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change the previous mail name: Hi I just got changed the or transferred my mail from @abc.com to @efg.com. Now in the account setting my previous mail is showing but I am getting and sending mails from my new account i,e @efg.com. How can I change the name in account settings to the new one....
  4. Can't change the previous mail name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't change name for gmail account in mail app

Can't change name for gmail account in mail app: I'm using Win10 Mail App Version 16005.13426.20368.0 I recently realized that my gmail account sends mails under the wrong display name. My setup has 3 mail accounts gmx, gmail #1, gmail #2 and gmail #2 sends mails under the wrong name. I tried changing the name under...
  6. mail win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    mail win10: the files in attachment are not visible in mail win10 with a gmail-account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-win10/75192909-b05a-4fb4-858c-de6ae36505cc
  7. Win10 Mail Software Can't Display Mail Content Correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Mail Software Can't Display Mail Content Correctly: I use Win10 mail software to receive mail, But the contents of the mail are not displayed correctly. Who can tell me why? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-mail-software-cant-display-mail-content/27b29c6a-48e2-4521-867c-a84e365f93c4
  8. win10 mail

win10 mail: win10 mail will save my sent 'live.com' mails but will not save my 'plus.com' emails. this occurs in both IMAP and POP3. I have deleted and reloaded the accounts to no avail. Everything works fine in outlook but I much prefer the Win10 mail presentation....
  9. Why Can't You Change 'Sender' Name In Mail App??

in Browsers and Email
    Why Can't You Change 'Sender' Name In Mail App??: With Microsoft saying Live Mail won't work soon, and to switch over to the Mail app, I've done just that. Although currently, Live Mail is still working fine. What annoys me is. Is that I cannot whatsoever change my sender name via Mail app, when sending emails. It basically...
  10. Win10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail: I used Win Live Mail 2012 but now have to use Win 10 Mail. Is it possible to make a group of contacts? I could do this with Win Live Mail 2012. I have read some where that Win 10 Mail can not make groups of contacts. 76087