Windows 10: Win10 Mail --- Not working after "Focused" update March 1st

Discus and support Win10 Mail --- Not working after "Focused" update March 1st in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Unfortunately I was wrong in my thinking it was Fixed *Smile Mail is working again but if I reboot my Computer , eg shutting down last night , my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kbird, Mar 3, 2017.

1. rofl48 Win User

Win10 Mail --- Not working after "Focused" update March 1st

We're discussing this issue on another thread here. The "reset app" thing is rigged, you'll need to uninstall/reinstall the app using Windows Powershell to make it temporary work again until we wait for Microsoft to update the app.

rofl48, Mar 13, 2017

2. Why can't MS leave these native apps alone, they just break them all the time.

Scottyboy99, Mar 13, 2017
  3. Kbird Win User
    Hi thanks for the Info Rofl , I am not sure what you mean by rigged though ? can you link the other Thread so I can have a look please , thanks.

was going to try another Reset tonight but no point by the sounds , time to get more conversant with PowerShell I guess.

KB

Kbird, Mar 14, 2017
  4. Win10 Mail --- Not working after "Focused" update March 1st

It's to the point now that I must create a new account every time I open Mail; before yesterday's Windows Update, Mail at least worked a couple of times before I needed to create the account. It only takes 10 seconds or less to do it but that doesn't discount that the Mail App is now broken and Microsoft needs to fix it. Likelihood of that is I expect small. Looking then for a mail app and I won't be buying the standalone Outlook to fill that need.

wordsworth, Mar 14, 2017
  5. Guys, I just seen an update come through in the store app for mail and calendar. Might be worth running a manual check to install it and see if it helps. Keeping fingers crossed it fixes your issues

Scottyboy99, Mar 15, 2017
  6. Thanks for this. Installed but will wait at least a couple of days to see whether it really resolves the problem. Right now closed and opened Mail a couple of times and it is working where just moments ago I needed to set up the account again. We'll see.

wordsworth, Mar 15, 2017
  7. Kbird Win User
    Thanks for the Heads-Up Scotty , just checked and it was just wrapping up an Update Of Mail, Xbox, AlarmClock ,Voice Recorder, Calculator and Sticky Notes .....could thing I don't use the other Apps much , if at all, I guess *Smile

will reboot and see how things go as my accounts aren't there right now...

KB.

*** might be premature but my Accounts are still there after a Reboot , so that's a step in the right direction anyway *Smile

****Well the Account is there but it won't Sync today's 6 Emails I can see in Windows Live Mail (setup with IMAP)
    it is synced upto yesterday though....

Kbird, Mar 15, 2017
  8. Win10 Mail --- Not working after "Focused" update March 1st

Day two of Mail working properly. Considering it had reached a point after the Windows Update of my needing to recreate the account with every opening of Mail, this is looking good so far. My guarded apologies to Microsoft for doubting a fix would come anytime soon.

wordsworth, Mar 15, 2017
  9. rofl48 Win User
    Good to know. Keep us posted if the issue happens again. I'm still going to wait a few days to set up my email again.

rofl48, Mar 15, 2017
  10. Kbird Win User
    Ok Mail is working again properly and it IS SYNCING ..... sorry ...I forgot about the new Focused/Other Pane , having disabled it 1st time around and didn't notice the OTHER Tab was Active again after the Update , the Mail I thought wasn't Syncing was All on the Other Tab.

KB

Kbird, Mar 16, 2017
  11. Another day and Mail is still working fine on this machine also.

wordsworth, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Mail --- Not working after "Focused" update March 1st

1. Win10 Mail --- Not working after "Focused" update March 1st - Similar Threads - Win10 Mail working

2. Calendar app no longer starts after the March 1st update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar app no longer starts after the March 1st update: Today I updated the Mail and Calendar app. The Calendar no longer starts, empty main window appears for a while, then closes. I can reproduce the issue on multiple machines, the latest update 16005.14326.21344.0 is apparently broken. There are already similar reports in the...
  3. Calendar app no longer starts after the March 1st update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar app no longer starts after the March 1st update: Today I updated the Mail and Calendar app. The Calendar no longer starts. I can reproduce the issue on multiple machines, the latest update 16005.14326.21344.0 is apparently broken. There are already similar reports in the Feedback app: https://aka.ms/AAju1w0I also tried to...
  4. Windows Search still not working after March Updates

Windows Search still not working after March Updates: Similar to other threads, I have been unable to use the Windows Search feature, either in the bar at the bottom toolbar or in a file folder. When I click into it, it looks like it is about to pop up, but then it immediately closes. Here are the other threads I've seen, with...
  5. Windows Search still not working after March Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search still not working after March Updates: Similar to other threads, I have been unable to use the Windows Search feature, either in the bar at the bottom toolbar or in a file folder. When I click into it, it looks like it is about to pop up, but then it immediately closes. Here are the other threads I've seen, with...
  6. Simple Questions Thread - Week of March 1st, 2020.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Simple Questions Thread - Week of March 1st, 2020.: Welcome to the Simple Questions thread, for questions that don't need their own thread. We still recommend you use the search, FAQ/Wiki on the sidebar, or even a Bing search before asking. Also please post tech support related questions on /r/techsupport. Some examples of...
  7. Windows update after October 1st

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update after October 1st: Okay, so I updated Windows on my laptop on the 1st and everything worked, but then at about the 4th it updated again and now it says "Your PC did not start correctly" I need help fixing this....
  8. Win10 Mail not working

Win10 Mail not working: Installed Win10 Mail on my Win10 machine but it was not working (most of the buttons were not showing), so I went to Settings/Apps to uninstall and noticed something unusual there – a link called Advanced Options. It offered me some Permissions and one of them was Email and...
  9. Lather rinse repeat update 1st March-2nd March 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lather rinse repeat update 1st March-2nd March 2016: Hi this process took 10 hours for the first cycle (1st March) then another hour or so today (2nd March) how do I check where my update is at? How will I know its finished? anyone thanks 42648
  10. Internet not working after 15 March MS updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet not working after 15 March MS updates: The Windows updates of 15 March 2018 have stopped my internet working. These are: kb4011695, kb4018291, kb4011234, kb4088785, kb4088776, kb408876, kb4088776 (9) The computer can see my wifi router, but reports a yellow triange warning and 'no internet access'. Three...