Windows 10: Win10 Mail not working

Discus and support Win10 Mail not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Installed Win10 Mail on my Win10 machine but it was not working (most of the buttons were not showing), so I went to Settings/Apps to uninstall and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hesed3, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Hesed3 Win User

Win10 Mail not working

Installed Win10 Mail on my Win10 machine but it was not working (most of the buttons were not showing), so I went to Settings/Apps to uninstall and noticed something unusual there – a link called Advanced Options. It offered me some Permissions and one of them was Email and it was OFF (Contacts and Calendar were ON). That seems a bit wild to me since I really want to use the Mail program for my mail. (I heard that my Live Mail 2012 is obsolete.)

Normally, I would slide to ON, but because of this weird action, I am wondering if I should first just do the Uninstall and then start from scratch and do another download.

:)

Hesed3, Jul 29, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Win10 Mail not working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Mail not working

1. Win10 Mail not working - Similar Threads - Win10 Mail working

2. iCloud mail set up on win10 mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud mail set up on win10 mail: HI , I have a new laptop with win 10 home . I am trying to set up my iCloud mail and BT mail accounts but it just can't find the accounts in the set up box ? I know I am putting in the correct unto date details , with the iCloud account I have set up and tried a App password...
  3. Configuring Win10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Configuring Win10 Mail: Help me please configure my Outbox folder in Win10 Mail. I want to have the recipients’ name instead of my name in the outbox. Moreover it is difficult to find a required email. It is a problem with my Gmail account....
  4. mail win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    mail win10: the files in attachment are not visible in mail win10 with a gmail-account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-win10/75192909-b05a-4fb4-858c-de6ae36505cc
  5. Win10 mail & calendar sucks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 mail & calendar sucks: If someone sends me a outlook meeting request, and i'm on mail&calendar with a pop account, i accept the meeting, and it doesn't get added to calendar. What kind of ass backwards shit is this? No local calendar? what a useless program. submitted by /u/pittyh [link]...
  6. sync aliyun mail in win10 mail app

sync aliyun mail in win10 mail app: How to sync aliyun mail successfully in window 10 mail app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-aliyun-mail-in-win10-mail-app/f75170db-6146-450a-bd31-d20b333a34b1
  7. win10 mail

win10 mail: win10 mail will save my sent 'live.com' mails but will not save my 'plus.com' emails. this occurs in both IMAP and POP3. I have deleted and reloaded the accounts to no avail. Everything works fine in outlook but I much prefer the Win10 mail presentation....
  8. Win10 Outlook Mail

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Outlook Mail: Suddenly, all sent messages go to the drafts folder instead of sending. Once they are in the drafts folder, they become difficult to send. All suggestions appreciated. Dee 112489
  9. Win10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail: I used Win Live Mail 2012 but now have to use Win 10 Mail. Is it possible to make a group of contacts? I could do this with Win Live Mail 2012. I have read some where that Win 10 Mail can not make groups of contacts. 76087
  10. Win10 Mail will not print

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail will not print: Win 10 Mail will not print an E-Mail. Win Live Mail 2012 will print an E Mail. My printers work.How do I get the printers to work with Win 10 Mail? JN 20962