Windows 10: Win10 Media creator USB made today. What Version on USB?

Discus and support Win10 Media creator USB made today. What Version on USB? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me what version of Win10 is created on the USB I just made? I made it for another computer. I'm hope it's at least my present Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by winxp, Nov 22, 2020.

1. winxp Win User

Win10 Media creator USB made today. What Version on USB?

Can anyone tell me what version of Win10 is created on the USB I just made?
    I made it for another computer.
    I'm hope it's at least my present Desktop version of Pro. (20H2) Build 19044.630
    Is their anyway to tell by a particular file or...?

Hopefully someone can answer.

P.S.
    I did quickly find out that Win10 will no longer fit on a DVD.

:)

winxp, Nov 22, 2020

2. USB-IF to Develop Media Agnostic USB Specification

The USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) today announced the development of the Media Agnostic (MA) USB specification. The specification is designed to allow wireless devices and docking stations to communicate over the USB protocol, without the need for a physical USB connection. An important design goal of the specification is to achieve wireless gigabit transfer rates while leveraging existing USB infrastructure, present in the form of:

• Open application programming interfaces in every major operating system
    • USB class specifications by USB-IF device working groups
    • A wealth of open-source/OS specific drivers for USB classes
    • Vendor-specific device drivers for a multitude of USB vendor-specific devices

Win10 Media creator USB made today. What Version on USB? superspeed_usb_logo_thm.jpg

The WiGig Serial Extension (WSE) v1.2 specification from the Wi-Fi Alliance will provide the initial foundation for the Media Agnostic USB specification. The WSE specification has been formally transferred to the USB-IF from the Wi-Fi Alliance, and the WSE specification already incorporates the USB protocol.

"We are pleased to see the USB-IF use the WiGig Serial Extension in its development of the Media Agnostic USB specification," said Edgar Figueroa, president and CEO of Wi-Fi Alliance. "Advanced wireless usages of serial bus technology have the potential to deliver great benefit to users."

Wireless devices implementing the Media Agnostic USB specification will be compliant with SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) and Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0). The USB-IF has established a Media Agnostic USB Work Group which is currently developing the MA USB specification 1.0.

Cristian_25H, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Win10 Media creator USB made today. What Version on USB?

USB-IF Completes Media Agnostic USB Specification

Today the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) announced the completion of the Media Agnostic (MA) USB v1.0 specification. This specification is now available for download on the USB-IF website.

The MA-USB specification is designed to enable devices to achieve wireless gigabit transfer rates while leveraging existing USB infrastructure. The specification allows wireless devices and docking stations to communicate over the USB protocol, without the need for a physical USB connection. MA-USB supports multiple media types, including Wi-Fi operating in 2.4 and 5 GHz; WiGig operating in 60 GHz; WiMedia UWB radios operating between 3.1-10.6 GHz, and other existing or new wired or wireless media types that want to use the USB protocol as the transport. MA-USB is compliant with SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.1 and USB 3.0) and Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0).

The USB-IF utilized the WiGig Serial Extension (WSE) v1.2 specification from Wi-Fi Alliance as the initial foundation for the MA-USB specification. Products that incorporate MA-USB as an underlying ingredient technology can identify MA-USB support with the USB-IF's ingredient brand "Powered by MA-USB". Use of the ingredient brand will require that products pass the USB-IF certification program for MA-USB. Products that are "Powered by MA-USB" give consumers more flexibility to wirelessly connect their USB-enabled devices.

"We share a commitment with the USB-IF to enhance wireless connectivity," said Edgar Figueroa, president and CEO of Wi-Fi Alliance. "The completion of MA-USB supports our efforts to deliver wireless data, display and audio applications, all while providing the best user experience."

Cristian_25H, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Media creator USB made today. What Version on USB?

1. Win10 Media creator USB made today. What Version on USB? - Similar Threads - Win10 Media creator

2. Installation Media USB for Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation Media USB for Win10: Asking for a driver when I started the Installation from USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-media-usb-for-win10/84f52577-3cba-4f3f-a84f-c6385ae12fa3
  3. Installation Media USB for Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation Media USB for Win10: Asking for a driver when I started the Installation from USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-media-usb-for-win10/84f52577-3cba-4f3f-a84f-c6385ae12fa3
  4. Installation Media USB for Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Usb not showing after using windows installation media creator

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb not showing after using windows installation media creator: i used my micro sd card to install windows in my pc with windows installation media tool but an error cam and now my usb is not recogonised by the pc it it it .......... it is shown as a atapl or som thing like that in cd and dvd section in device manager and a yelow warning...
  6. Installing Win10 from a Bootable USB Made on a Mac

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 from a Bootable USB Made on a Mac: Hello! I’m a pretty tech savvy person, which is why I decided to take on this task. I’m primarily a Mac user (I’m a graphic designer) but can work cross-platform (my day job keeps me on a machine running Win7 and I use a VM on that computer for a system running what looks...
  7. When creating a USB installer, the media creator keeps freezing.

When creating a USB installer, the media creator keeps freezing.: So, i recently got a new laptop that doesn't have an OS, so i'm attempting to use the media creation tool 1909 to turn a USB which is 8GB into a windows 10 installer, but whenever I attempt to do so, the tool will always stops in the process at a random percentage, i don't...
  8. Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB: Dear Sir/Madam, Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB =============================================== Over the pass few month, my computers had been being mess up, files missing, password protected files (7z files 15 chars pwd) being openned, more than ten...
  9. Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB

Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB: Dear Sir/Madam, Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB =============================================== Over the pass months, my computers had been being files mess up, files missing, password protected files being opened (7z files 15 chars pwd), more than ten...
  10. windows 10 media creator tool to USB something happened

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 media creator tool to USB something happened: windows 10 media creator tool to USB getting something happened message after downloading but during creation of files onto USB pen. do I need to go through the whole download process again or are the files kept somewhere allowing me to transfer to the USB pen myself...