Windows 10: Win10 menu not responding - after login gives message "...cannot sign into your account.."

Discus and support Win10 menu not responding - after login gives message "...cannot sign into your account.." in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On my laptop - running Win10, other local user accounts are experiencing this problem.I also have an administrator account which is fine.The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KR_K, Nov 28, 2021.

1. KR_K Win User

Win10 menu not responding - after login gives message "...cannot sign into your account.."

On my laptop - running Win10, other local user accounts are experiencing this problem.I also have an administrator account which is fine.The problem:After logging into one of the local user accounts I get a message:We cannot sign into your account. Gives options to Signout or Cancel.If I hit Signout - it logs out of the account.If I hit Cancel, it then loads the Windows session, but cannot access the Win10 menu or the Apps. Does not accept input from the keyboard neither.I can only do a right click on the Start Menu and sign out of the account.How do I correct this problem other than deleting

:)

2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 28, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Nov 28, 2021
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Win10 menu not responding - after login gives message "...cannot sign into your account.."

Not Able to login

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. Is your system connected to the internet? You can check this through the network icon at the bottom left corner of your login screen.
    2. What error message are you receiving when you login with your Microsoft account?

I would suggest you to login to
    http://login.live.com/
    with your Microsoft account and check if you are able to sign-in with your credentials.

If you are able to sign-in with your Microsoft account on the live website, you can follow the steps in this article to ‘Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    ’, kindly follow the steps in the section ‘From the sign-in screen’ and check if you are able to login to your system.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Win10 menu not responding - after login gives message "...cannot sign into your account.." - Similar Threads - Win10 menu responding

2. Error Message: "We can't sign in to your account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Message: "We can't sign in to your account": https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-sign-in-to-your-account-pop-up/de078d57-fb06-4010-8833-c7972457af5bThe link above is the problem I'm having. I've tried everything except the DISM commands and Windows Updates. So far I've tried Dism /Online...
  3. Error Message: "We can't sign in to your account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Message: "We can't sign in to your account": https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-cant-sign-in-to-your-account-pop-up/de078d57-fb06-4010-8833-c7972457af5bThe link above is the problem I'm having. I've tried everything except the DISM commands. So far I've tried Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  4. "We can't sign in to your account" error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We can't sign in to your account" error message: It all started with my local repair computer system format on my laptop and when I change c/users/username in Windows 11 to my real name and I restarted, that was when the issue began.I have done it in safe mode and the registry editor:...
  5. Win10 menu not responding - after login gives message "...cannot sign into your account.."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 menu not responding - after login gives message "...cannot sign into your account..": On my laptop - running Win10, other local user accounts are experiencing this problem.I also have an administrator account which is fine.The problem:After logging into one of the local user accounts I get a message:We cannot sign into your account. Gives options to Signout or...
  6. WIn10 menu not responding - after login gives message "cannot sing into your acocunt"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIn10 menu not responding - after login gives message "cannot sing into your acocunt": On my laptop - running Win10, other local user accounts are experiencing this problem.I also have an administrator account which is fine.The problem:After logging into one of the local user accounts I get a message:We cannot sign into your account. Gives options to Signout or...
  7. Cannot login message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot login message: Since yesterdays update, I get the "cannot login" message. Most of my icons are missing also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-login-message/ee1c9c60-4788-4b48-911c-17c821e7d7ef
  8. "The is a problem with your account Sign in again" unexplained message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "The is a problem with your account Sign in again" unexplained message: Greetings, I've been getting the above message each time I open my computer and use Outlook or Edge... Has my account been compromised...? I have bought a new phone recently... and while I did have Microsoft Phone companion and Edge installed on my old one, I haven't on my...
  9. Windows 10 error message "We cannot sign into your account"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 error message "We cannot sign into your account": I received the error "We can't sign in to your account". I followed the steps in the Support section and ended up creating a new local administrator account. That worked; however if I restart or turn my computer off, I lose all of my settings - screensavers; browser add-ons;...
  10. "We can't sign in to your account" error message

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "We can't sign in to your account" error message: I get the above error message everytime I try to sign in. It says that i'll be logged in under a temporary profile. I've signed out and back in about 6 times and it always comes back up. I have been able to log into safe mode with my account but as soon as I restart my...