Windows 10: Win10 messenger app won't open links in browser; prompts installing MS store app.

Discus and support Win10 messenger app won't open links in browser; prompts installing MS store app. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This feels like a pretty niche question, and it's program-specific so I'm not sure how well this will go. I have the facebook messenger app for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FenFawnix, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Win10 messenger app won't open links in browser; prompts installing MS store app.

This feels like a pretty niche question, and it's program-specific so I'm not sure how well this will go.

I have the facebook messenger app for my windows 10 PC. If someone posts a youtube video or twitter link in messenger, clicking it prompts me to install the corresponding app from the microsoft store. I don't want to install more apps, drive space is tight enough as it is... but more to the point; I don't want to. I would rather it just open the link in my web browser like used to. Is there any way to force this? Is there any way to specifically set my default app to chrome for opening youtube and twitter links from messenger?

submitted by /u/FenFawnix
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FenFawnix, Nov 10, 2019

2. Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 10, 2019
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Win10 messenger app won't open links in browser; prompts installing MS store app.

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Win10 messenger app won't open links in browser; prompts installing MS store app. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Win10 messenger app won't open links in browser; prompts installing MS store app.

1. Win10 messenger app won't open links in browser; prompts installing MS store app. - Similar Threads - Win10 messenger app

2. Phone Link app won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link app won't open: I purchased a new Dell desktop with Windows 11 Home. I pinned the Phone Link icon to the taskbar during setup. It opened a few times but it stopped opening and didn't open a window saying a problem exists and how to fix it. It just stopped opening. In response, I uninstalled...
  3. App & browser control won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App & browser control won't open: About a week ago the blue windows security shield on bottom right of screen Started displaying a yellow "!". When I roll over a small blank rectangle pops up. When I click on it nothing happens.If I open Settings >> Privacy & Security >> Windows Security I see this:Nothing...
  4. App & browser control won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App & browser control won't open: About a week ago the blue windows security shield on bottom right of screen Started displaying a yellow "!". When I roll over a small blank rectangle pops up. When I click on it nothing happens.If I open Settings >> Privacy & Security >> Windows Security I see this:Nothing...
  5. Links won't open external apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links won't open external apps: Ok so, I was trying to download a Logitech mic preset from the Logitech G HUB app, it'd open a link on my browser, saying the application was launching, but it doesn't open it, it would even give me the "This site is trying to open LGHUB", I'd click open, nothing. I've tried...
  6. Links won't open external apps

Links won't open external apps: Ok so, I was trying to download a Logitech mic preset from the Logitech G HUB app, it'd open a link on my browser, saying the application was launching, but it doesn't open it, it would even give me the "This site is trying to open LGHUB", I'd click open, nothing. I've tried...
  7. App to open this ms-windows-store link

App to open this ms-windows-store link: Hi, Background: m/c came with 10 home, had to reload op sys W10 s arrived. I have repeated the above via 'cloud' download, still same rubbish.I've tried settings>apps> highlight etc - doesn't work " " Win+ R > wsreset " " " " settings > update & security > recovery > get...
  8. Open command prompt apps in MS Terminal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open command prompt apps in MS Terminal: Please, is there any way to automatically open .exe command prompt apps (e. g. coded in C++) in the new Microsoft Terminal, instead of the old CMD? I really like the new look and I'd like to run my programs in the new design. submitted by /u/TheFluffyIron [link]...
  9. Microsoft apps and Store won't open and won't install

Microsoft apps and Store won't open and won't install: Hey guys, 2/3 days ago I resetted my msi laptop, but after the reset I can't open Microsoft apps anymore, like the calculator, photos, alarms & clock, weather, Microsoft store, etc. (Microsoft edge works just fine tho) I already tried numerous 'solutions' from these pages:...
  10. Photos and MS Store Apps won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photos and MS Store Apps won't open: After installing the most recent Win 10 updates, I find that I cannot open the Photos app, nor can I get Microsoft Store to open. When trying to open Photos I get a blue dialog box with the message "This app can't open". I've tried to repair and reset this app with no...